PDA

View Full Version : Heli-Skiing

a social dsease
09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Anyone on here done it?
I've been wanting to do it for as long as I've boarded, but never had the $$. I think this year could be the year.
I obviously want a place with good snow/terrain, but not terribly expensive. I'm willing to pay to ride, but half the places seem to make you get breakfast, lunch, dinner, rentals, hotel etc etc. I don't want to pay for all that crap, I just want to show up and shred. Fuck eating, I'll have a mouthful of powder the whole way down!
Anyone have any recomendations for bare-bones heli?? This would be for 1-day only.

Been looking on various companies websites, and Purcell Helicopter Skiing out of Golden BC seems to be the best deal, $685 for 3 runs, or $825 for 5 runs, seems decent and I know I want at least 5 runs.

Redlyne_mr2
09-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Yep.. purcell is a no frills organization, good terrain, great guides. Stay away from the touristy heli ski tours like the one out in panorama, they're boring and overpriced. Selkirk Tangiers is supposed to be a good one as well, it's out near Revelstoke. After my parents split up my dad went to Mike Wiegele once a month for 3 years, after 100000 vert skied they give (gave) you a free pair of skis. Most places have stand by just like airlines. That's the cheapest no frills way to Heli ski. Please post your pics and experience once it goes down.