PDA

View Full Version : Alarm / Starter Recommendations?

carson blocks
09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I've ordered a new Jeep Wrangler X 2-door, coming in 2 weeks, and I'd like some recommendations for a good car alarm. My Jeep is a soft top only and my neighborhood is having a problem with car prowlings, so I'd like a model with the feature that chirps to warn people if they touch or come very close to the vehicle.

I was thinking about getting some additional features while I'm at it. I'd like a model with a built in command starter for Standard Transmission. I've noticed most units come with keyless entry, which would be awesome, but my Jeep does not have power locks. So my questions are:

- What would be a good quality system with the features I'm looking for?

- How big of a deal is it to install electric door lock actuators? Any ideas on installing them, yet keeping the doors easy to remove?

- What's involved in the install? I'm thinking about doing it myself, not just to save money, but to ensure the install is top notch and has no electrical issues. Is this a DIY job?

- If not, what are the costs involved in getting a GOOD installer to install the alarm system, remote start, door lock actuators, etc.

- What shop should I trust with the install?

Thanks in advance for the help.

ken.bryle21
09-05-2008, 10:49 PM
try calling autodream, thats where i got my 2-way compustar installed with keyless entry!!!

-TOFU-
09-06-2008, 02:04 AM
I got my compustar pro at SpeedTech and everything went great! :thumbsup: