PDA

View Full Version : Looking for competative tennis players

stefan.bounket
09-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I see the badminton one got alot of hits... hopefully this will work...

I started playing tennis about 2 summers ago just recreationally but now am getting pretty into it. I've played in only one tournament so far but have my 2nd one scheduled for next weekend.

For anyone familiar with the Play Tennis Self Rating Guide, I'm about a 3.5 I think. My friends don't play as much as me so they aren't really improving while I'm getting alot better quite quickly... Sooo... I'm running out of people to play with :(

I'm looking for some people to play competatively with since I don't know if I want to spend tons of money joining a club that isn't even remotely close to my house..

I live in the NE (Monterey Park) so I'd be willing to play somewhere around there... Also go to the university so depending on the day and time, I can play up by UofC as well.

In case I forget to check these boards.... feel free to email me

[email protected]

r0g3r
09-06-2008, 12:12 AM
just convert to badminton :D

where do you play usually? are there indoor tennis courts in town?

Akagi Redsuns
09-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by r0g3r

I know Rico Tennis Academy has indoor courts and when I went there a few years back, it was something like $20/hour to play.

stefan.bounket
09-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by r0g3r

I used to play badminton... Played it for probably 6 years or something and got bored of it.... lol So I converted to tennis :P

I usually play at the Monterey park community centre courts. Or Temple Community centre. Sometimes Prairie winds but not that often.

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

I know Rico Tennis Academy has indoor courts and when I went there a few years back, it was something like $20/hour to play.

I'm still working on finding indoor courts for a decent price.... Gonna see if there is a Tennis club at the university (not the UofC team but like... the club made by random people at the UofC) and hopefully they'll know where I can play over the winter...

deee_wreck
09-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey SteFan! ,

if you do find anything let us know. I'd be interested if its within 15mins of downtown or reachable by transit. I live downtown

I'd rate my NTRP 4.0 maybe 4.5 ? Gotta bad back so depends on the day.

If you need someone to practice with lemme know.

Originally posted by stefan.bounket
I see the badminton one got alot of hits... hopefully this will work...

...I've played in only one tournament so far but have my 2nd one scheduled for next weekend.

...Play Tennis Self Rating Guide, I'm about a 3.5 I think...

[email protected]

Ichigo
10-30-2008, 12:04 AM
I used to play competitively but I had an injury that rendered me useless to play tennis.. but I figured I can give it a try again.. I got the good Ol Thunder Stick still hehehe

Team_Mclaren
10-30-2008, 02:35 AM
how does this NTRP rating work? i have no idea where i would place under the rating..?!

JordanAndrew
10-30-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
how does this NTRP rating work? i have no idea where i would place under the rating..?!

you would be placed under "really shitty asian playa"
haha don't ban me biatch! :poosie: :poosie:

Anyways back to the thread, I'm probably down for tennis. I haven't played for a few years though so I'm super rusty!

Team_Mclaren
10-30-2008, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

you would be placed under "really shitty asian playa"
haha don't ban me biatch! :poosie: :poosie:

Anyways back to the thread, I'm probably down for tennis. I haven't played for a few years though so I'm super rusty!

lol, i started playing tennis since i was 10, played competitive later on for 2 years before i stopped. you up for a friendly match?:poosie: :poosie:

JordanAndrew
10-30-2008, 02:53 AM

lol, i started playing tennis since i was 10, played competitive later on for 2 years before i stopped. you up for a friendly match?:poosie: :poosie:

haha awww shit here comes some of that smack talk.. hahaha! I might be down. Are you a member anywhere right now because I'm kinda broke at the moment and can't even afford a Mcdonald's meal. LOL! :rofl: :rofl:

Team_Mclaren
10-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

haha awww shit here comes some of that smack talk.. hahaha! I might be down. Are you a member anywhere right now because I'm kinda broke at the moment and can't even afford a Mcdonald's meal. LOL! :rofl: :rofl:

said the guy that wants to upgrade to a G35!!! I'l buy you a kids meal if you want...

hahaha, we can still play outside, it aint that cold yet;) beyond tennis meet?!

JordanAndrew
10-30-2008, 02:57 AM

said the guy that wants to upgrade to a G35!!! hahaha, we can still play outside, it aint that cold yet;) beyond tennis meet?!

haha hey man, white G35's are deadly! I know it won't even touch my mazdaspeed3 in speed or dare I say performance but it's definitely a nice classy ride. I don't really care soo much about the car having that much power anymore anyways, as long as it's got a good kick I'm happy with that. We'll see, I might wait it out and get a G37 instead. AWD for the 2009 or 2010 I think is coming out.

Gforce
10-30-2008, 03:01 AM
lol beyond tennis meet..
can't say im rusty though i'll still play for a meal! hahahahha

currently playing on the UofC team
hahaha :D

gqmw
12-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Gforce
lol beyond tennis meet..
can't say im rusty though i'll still play for a meal! hahahahha

currently playing on the UofC team
hahaha :D

cocky ass ;)

redsrt4
12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
stefan if u find some indoor tennis court let me know, ill play with you.. (fri.sat.sunday)

Gforce
02-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by gqmw

cocky ass ;)

lol you're just jealous =D

deee_wreck
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
anyone ever play at Rico's Tennis Academy ??

its an indoor bubble, i think its $24/hr

BigMass
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread but I used to play at about a 6.0 level 8-10 years ago. I am looking to get back into tennis so if anyone 5.0-6.0 wants to rally, i signed up at Calgary Tennis Club this year so i can play out door all summer. Yeah it will take me a little time to get back into a groove but I figure I can still crack the ball consistently and help a tournament level player practice.