PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket

Barlow
09-11-2003, 11:53 AM
got one for 170 $ but he cop put the wrong adress on the ticket , cani get off on this? (notpay that is) or am i still fcuked?:guns:

DonJuan
09-11-2003, 12:33 PM
your still required to appear in court or pay the ticket. Your best bet it to appear in court, cuz sometimes the cop doesn't even show up or if he does he'll offer you a deal where you don't get any demerits or half the ticket or something just to plead guilty. Or you can tell the prosecutor when entering your plea, either way you got nothin to loose. I always fight my tickets twice the cop didn't show up and the other time they dropped the demerits and made a $120 ticket $60. So the insurance knows nothin' about my need 4 speed, and it keeps decreacing it every year. Now if only I didn't drive a red sports car, then it'll be low! Hope this helps!

403Gemini
09-11-2003, 12:47 PM
All depends...
did he put the wrong address cause you didnt get your address updated on your drivers liscnece... cause if so... i wouldnt say that in court lol cause then your digging yourself a hole.

But yea show up, the worst they can do is make you pay it right? Its not like they can tack on more fees (unless you didnt update your lisscnece... lol)

Barlow
09-11-2003, 01:05 PM
k um... so fight the ticket, if the cop shows he will plea bargain with me? like no dermerits, so the insurance company can't nail me harder then they alreeady do??? and if the cop doesn't show at all then the ticket is throw out right, also i go on the date indicatedon the ticket at the time indicated too right? this is my first ticket

Barlow
09-11-2003, 01:07 PM
what if i get anew licence with the right adress on it before the court date? would this be in my favor or did they take something dpwn which would screw me over? Also how many demerrit points am i looking at for this ticket?

hjr
09-11-2003, 02:24 PM
nothing is set in stone. if the cop doesnt show up you may still have to pay the ticket, just without demerits, kinda like photo radar. If he does show up you may have to pay the whole thing with demerits. But because you have nothing to loose and alot to gain by going to court, its worth it.

Weapon_R
09-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Barlow
what if i get anew licence with the right adress on it before the court date? would this be in my favor or did they take something dpwn which would screw me over? Also how many demerrit points am i looking at for this ticket?

If you do this, and you get busted, you risk the chance of being charged for lying in court. There is a "date issued" date on your license, and i'm sure they will check it. I contemplated the same idea but it's really not worth the risk.

KtwentyA2
09-12-2003, 10:56 AM
How much over were you clocked at?? That's a pretty big ticket and I think you're looking at 4 or 5 demerits...

There's a scale they use and you can do a search on google to find a website that shows this.

LancerShelby
09-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Go to the window where you pay your tickets, and say the wrong address is on the ticket and go from there. If info is wrong, they usually toss the ticket.

pinoyhero
09-12-2003, 06:22 PM
You must fight the ticket. 170 is nothing but you will get beat up bad for a few years on insurance. Go fight the ticket and do what ever you can, consult one of those traffic defence guy if you must.

rice_eater
09-13-2003, 02:42 AM
how bout just paying it??? Huh? How about that? Maybe it'll teach you to slow the hell down coz $170 ticket you dont get for doing 10 over...ANd if it's your first ticket then who cares...it wont affect your insurance...Here's usuful info now...you can show up at the place where you pay the tickets and ask to talk with the crown prosecutor and they send you in the little room with him and he just looks at it and on the spot offers you a good deal and you dont have to explain shit...that's it...no need to fight it