PDA

View Full Version : Macbook help

dkmlam
09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
So I was cleaning my keyboard today (just with water and a towel) and after cleaning, the screen shut off but my macbook was still turned on (could hear the fans). It wouldn't respond to anything and I tried a hard shut down but this did not work either. I was forced to take the battery out to shut it down.

Now it won't turn on. I tried plugging it into my magsafe power adapter but it won't charge. There is a REALLY dim green light that can only be seen when the lights are off. My battery still has 2 green dots when I test it.

I've tried resetting the power settings by removing the charger, battery, and then holding the power down for 5 seconds. This did not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

eblend
09-06-2008, 05:43 PM
sounds like you fried something. You do realize that if any water gets under those keys, it will short out the keyboard cicruits (unless those got spill proof keyboards, i wouldn't know) and once that fries, anything else can fry, unless ofcourse some of the water made it to the board directly. Why would you clean ur laptop when it is turned on?!

dkmlam
09-06-2008, 06:45 PM
i was being an idiot lol

at first i was applying an invisible skin and had to read the instructions online while doing it :\

aklalani
09-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dkmlam
i was being an idiot lol

at first i was applying an invisible skin and had to read the instructions online while doing it :\

lol. hope u purchased applecare for it

xkon
09-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Try resetting PRAM and NVRAM - Turn on the computer, Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

thats assuming you can get it to come on at all - take out the battery and charger and let it sit overnight first, see if that helps. If not, remove some RAM and see if that changes anything. If not, its gonna have to get serviced. under a year, perfect! I usually go to the UofC repair shop, basement of Math Sciences. Quick turnaround.