PDA

View Full Version : Easy/Fun/Interesting 200 Option at UofC

icky2unk
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Well, my 2nd year schedule got messed up alot because they screwed up and blocked my registration up until two weeks ago.

So i basically have been scrambling to get into all my classes.
I have managed to get into most of my classes but I am unsure of what options to take as the ones I was aiming for have been full.

Anyone know of any entry level options that were fairly easy?

Thanks.

93accord
09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
econ 201, 203
glgy 209
soci 201

toyboy88
09-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Anybody have experience HTST 201 or HTST 213 before? Good/bad? Certain prof?

thanks

blainer
09-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Human Geography with Slezak, I forget the number
On the first day gives you all the notes in powerpoint. he's used the same exams for the past couple years straight, they are very simple anyways.

r0g3r
09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by blainer
Human Geography with Slezak, I forget the number
On the first day gives you all the notes in powerpoint. he's used the same exams for the past couple years straight, they are very simple anyways.

I took that course last summer, and I only saw a couple of people get an A/A+, most people were in the B's and C's, weird..........and the average for tests were around 65 percent.

SaturnV
09-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
Anybody have experience HTST 201 or HTST 213 before? Good/bad? Certain prof?

thanks

I have taken HTST 213. No experience with the Professor who is currently teaching it. If you do take it (especially if it is an option, I had to take it as I am a HTST major) make sure you have some interest in Canadian history, otherwise you will end up on Beyond a lot during class.

You do have to write a paper, and they were pretty strict about it following the proper formats and referencing. The exams are also mostly essay format with some short answer and no multiple choice.

So I would say if you are confident in (or want to work on) your writing and if you like Canadian history, go for it. Otherwise look elsewhere. I think 201 would probably be the more interesting of the two.

--------

To OP:

Personally, I thought LING 201 was good (but definitely not easy). If you have some interest in how languages work and why they sound the way they do and why they are structured the way they are, then it may be worth a look. But there is a fair bit more work than your average 200 level class, (exempting ENGG and PHYS stuff) including quite a bit of memorization.

stefan.bounket
09-09-2008, 08:59 AM
PHIL 275: Introduction to Logic

i found it quite interesting and very easy.

If you like that, take PHIL 279 after. I got an A in both.

I had Janzen for 275 and Urbaniak for 279.

Urbaniak is kind of hard to understand, but the assignments are with this program that lets you check answers.. so it's hard NOT to get 100% on assignments.

ripkirby
09-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Try some music history.

I just found out they were offering Jazz History on Mondays 6-9 pm.

I was desperate for an option course since its a requirement for graduation.