PDA

View Full Version : Want a great deal on a Celica??

krazykhoja
09-08-2008, 06:02 PM
http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/zip/832724897.html

:rofl:

Weapon_R
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
haha best of craigslist!

mark4091
09-08-2008, 06:09 PM

Rev15
09-08-2008, 06:12 PM
I lol'd

Eleanor
09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
:rofl: that's awesome

NRGie
09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
as much as a Saudi prince pays to drive his Mercedes around the desert doing donuts and throwing grenades at infidels

GotRice?
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM

great ad!! lol this guys good

kvanderlaag
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Seriously. Someone get this thing the fuck out of my driveway.

Please.

Trini
09-08-2008, 08:40 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: lol

CelicaST-162
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by kvanderlaag
Seriously. Someone get this thing the fuck out of my driveway.

Please.

I knew it was you!:rofl:

Kloubek
09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
I read this earlier. Great ad.

Oh - and get the title right. This is a SUPRA. Much better car, and worth considerably more. :rolleyes:

93accord
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
:clap:

skyline19
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Someone give this man a job blogging for Beyond

black13
09-09-2008, 12:01 AM
This, then, is the car for you. You show up at my house with your truck and trailer ready like a magnificent steed.
You give this rusty old Japanese piece of junk a hearty kick, and it rolls down the driveway onto your trailer. This makes you feel smug and manly.
You strap it down, and you drive it Navajo Scrap Metal. They pick it up and hand you a big wad of bills. You smile on the way out, and drive promptly to the liquor store, where you buy a two 40oz bottles of Olde English.
When you get home, you tape them to your hands, only to remove them when both bottles are empty. You pass out on your front porch smelling of vomit and cheap alcohol, drooling on your doormat, and you are content.

kvanderlaag
09-09-2008, 11:15 AM
I thought maybe you guys would like to hear some of the replies I've gotten. Most of them are the standard, boring "Just call the kidney foundation, you loser," but this one really made me smile.

UM wrote:
> ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
> ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
> ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
> ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html
>
>
> Hello, white trash motherfucker.
>
> Whilst you sit there in your blue jeans and t-shirt, the fashion du jour, indeed the timeless fashion du jour, of your pathetic, disgusting, mongrel, rapist white race, laughing heartily at your pathetic little posting on craigslist, let me remind your lecherous, ignorant, white supremacist filth excuse for a mind that this beloved byword of yours, that you white fuck love so much? This 'infidels'? This was your word, motherfucker.
>
> This was what your motherfucking cannibalist Crusader fucks referred to the 'Moors' and 'Saracens' as, a term that denied them of all humanity, robbed them of all value of life, dehumanized them to the point where you white fucks happily slaughtered them and their children, raped and tortured them and their wives?
>
> It still is your word, you fuck. It is your word that enables your Crusaders white fuck descendants in your fucking white colonial militaries to rape, molest, torture and kill with aplomb and abandon.
>
> Oh, the Muzzies say 'infidel' all the time, you say? Afraid not, you fuck. The word kafir means the one who hides, or denies. It means nowhere near wehat your white fucks have imposed their own 'translation' with, this 'infidel'.
>
> So, fuck you, you white filth, you dreg of humanity. You fucks will only ever learn once what you have wrought on the world has been brought back on you. Let's hope it's oon.
>
>
> Fuck the white man, your disgusting blue jeans, your neck pustules, your arrogant butch women, your tasteless fucking food, your taste for rape and humiliation and death. Fuck the fucking white man.
>
>
>
>
> this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]

narou
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
:confused:

Eleanor
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Sooooo, are you white? A.K.A. a racist? :D (edit: to kvander)

sxtothe240
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
AHHAHAA:rofl:

analbumcover
09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
I thought maybe you guys would like to hear some of the replies I've gotten. Most of them are the standard, boring "Just call the kidney foundation, you loser," but this one really made me smile.

LOL what an infidel!

n1zm0
so on craigslist there are 2 types of people;

-the guys who want to buy things
and
-the guys who think you're secretly being a bigot through for sale ads

Mr_ET
This is effing awesome all of it!

May I be the first to nominate this thread for "2008 Thread of the year"

I know we caught a few thieves and such but this one still offers solid entertainment!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

beyond_ban
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
haha fuckin infidels these days. They just don't seem to know their place anymore...

Khalil.e
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sheer brilliance.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-09-2008, 11:32 AM
As soon as I saw the year of the celica, and the quality of writing, I knew it was you keegan.

kvanderlaag
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately, I am apparently a bigot.

And by 'a bigot', I mean 'white'.

Hello,

I think, perhaps, that you missed the entire point and purpose of the more candid portion of my ad. I'm particularly happy for you, though, in that you've found something on which to unleash so much anger. I am also sorry, then, for any inconvenience 'my people' seem to have caused you and your ancestors over...oh, let's say the last two thousand years or so. I do find it entertaining, however, that in a rather long-winded and wordy ad for something as mundane as a free car, you chose one bitter, sarcastic comparison to focus on, and in an extremely negative light. Since you give the vaguest impression of being well-spoken, though it is marred hideously by your extremely unimaginative cursing and racist slander, let me explain to you, as again you seem to have missed the mark, the purpose of my little tirade:

My hypothetical story, if you will, was told of and about an equally hypothetical likely candidate for the acquisition of this vehicle. I could provide a photographic depiction of the vehicle as it sits, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it would be lost on you. Personally, I don't see you as the type to be reading this advertisement for its intended purpose, but rather more for the purpose of the e-mail which you sent me in reply; in other words, to find an outlet through which to express your class-and-race-oriented rage. In any case, the vehicle in question looks less like something you would find an upstanding member of the 'white establishment' selling, and more like something you would find rotting away on a farm, or on the front lawn of an ignorant, uneducated, unemployed and decidedly lower-class white male, which makes it doubly funny that you should accuse me of falling into such a stereotype, as by the very ad you replied to, there is evidence to support that! Unfortunately, I must also politely state that you are incorrect in that assumption. That's all right, though. I'm willing to forgive you that. After all, us white people have been making similarly ignorant assumptions about you for centuries as well.

Now, being as my story was told about a hypothetical incarnation of this 'white trash' stereotype, and the ad itself seems to be catering in that respect TO this stereotype, does it not make sense, then, that I would attempt to explain the situation and further the development of this narration in terms that both apply and make sense to a potential reply to my advertisement? So while you may be, and in this case are, correct in stating that yes, it is a very western 'understanding' that we are 'infidels' to you 'Muzzies,' as you would like to be called, apparently, I must regrettably redirect your outrage at someone who perhaps holds those misdirected beliefs. Unfortunately, I am not one such person.

Being as the widespread offense of racial offense was not my intended purpose for this particular advertisement, I find it moderately amusing that in an unrelated context, the reciprocity of racial ignorance and bigoted hatred becomes clear. I, personally, have no issues with any member of my race - that is to say the human race, as there is only one - but apparently, you choose to divide humanity along different lines than I do, and some of those, (particularly the lines that surround your ideal of the 'white man') include unjustified prejudice and preconceived notions about all of us based on a less than significant portion.

Boy, I'll bet you feel foolish. But again, as I am a reasonable man, I forgive you. I hope that perhaps a vital lesson has been learned, and particularly the lesson whereby one should not take things out of context, and perhaps slow down to read into all possible meanings of a text before brazenly reacting to an emotion so base as anger, but also one of racial tolerance, and (God/Allah) forbid, politeness, even when protected by the wonderful guise of anonymity on the internet.

Sincerely,
Keegan

97'Scort
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I'll second that nomination, Mr_ET. Glorious reply!

Casa
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
hahahhahahahahaha
good post good ad good writer
university English educated?

Darkane
09-09-2008, 01:32 PM
lol wtf. Awesome :rofl:

Tezzating
09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
I would have responded with "So you'll collect it Saturday then ?", but that reply made me lol too ;)

ExtraSlow
09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Fuck the white man, your disgusting blue jeans, your neck pustules . . . .

BenC
09-09-2008, 03:03 PM
LOL.
pure gold

nbaker00
09-09-2008, 03:12 PM
:rofl::rofl: :rofl: @ the reply the guy sent you.

Artega
09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
wow
That must've been the most well written piece of email I've ever read.
wow

bashir26
09-09-2008, 05:01 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

g-m
09-09-2008, 05:18 PM
ahahahaha
I probably would have egged him on though to be honest

A790
09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by g-m
ahahahaha
I probably would have egged him on though to be honest
Seconded. I definitely would have egged him on.

toastgremlin
09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
I would've maintained the normal text of the letter, but taunted him in the postscript. I can't believe the original ad isn't Best Of yet.

Horatio
09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
what the hell is a neck pustule?

nervemind.....found it...
http://z.about.com/d/dermatology/1/0/N/4/pustulesmall.jpg

didn't realize we whiteys had such a problem with this on our necks. I learned something today!

Masked Bandit
09-10-2008, 10:57 AM
I have to applaud your reply but I'm guessing it will be lost on the recipient.

Kloubek
09-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Pustule. Pus-tule. Something that excreets pus.

This is pretty funny, I have to say. That's quite a response you got, but a better response you gave in return.

I suppose if you put up a peculiar ad like that, you can expect peculiar responses in kind.

kvanderlaag
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
No response from him so far. I'm a little disappointed.

Nonetheless, I've been getting lots of messages commending the humor value of my advertisement. I appreciate it!

Anyone with a car trailer want to commend me, while we're at it?

skorpiius
09-18-2008, 03:00 AM
That's so funny, I was browsing old school celica ads last week and send the link to that ad to about 5 of my friends.. and here I come on Beyond for the first time in ages and the author is right here.

I'll pass though.

Synne
09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Well crafted.

Glad to see a sense of humour still exists.

94boosted
09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Awesome advertisement if I had a truck with a trailer I would pick the car up and drive it to the Salvage Yard myself just because it was so god dam funny :rofl:

And way to go to not step down to his level with your spectacular response.

pyroza
09-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I lol'd at the Saudi prince part