PDA

View Full Version : 5D users

Phihalo
09-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Just wondering for all the 5D users out there, what are the pros and cons that you found with your camera? I'm thinking of upgrading to a 5D (from Rebel XT). What lens would go well with it? (i currently have the 70-200 F4 and the 17-85 (it's going to be useless...)

let me know and if you have samples, please post them up! :bigpimp:

LUCKYSTRIKE
09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Pretty substantial upgrade from a Rebel XT, I found these samples but you gotta consider the lens he uses as well.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Sample-Pictures.aspx?Equipment=356&desc=Canon-EOS-5D-Sample-Pictures

I would only consider such a huge upgrade if I was very serious about photography and planned to make money off of it somehow, or had a lot of extra cash kicking around.

AccentAE86
09-08-2008, 11:40 PM
I was very serious into getting a 5D to fill a need in my business. So I went out on a little photo trip with a 5D and 40D side by side.

After that experience, I found that image quality is on par between the two cameras, but the 5D has a nicer ISO1600, and quite noticeably better ISO3200. The 40D's 14 bit files seemed to have smoother gradations, the 5D seemed to be a little more saturated.

The interface between the two is totally different. I had a really hard time shooting them side by side. The 40D interface and menu system I think is far superior.

Using the 40D, it made the 5D feel very slow in almost all respects. The autofocus on the 5D is noticeably slower, the shutter lag is longer on the 5D, the viewfinder blackout is longer, the burst speed is a lot slower. It just felt really sluggish to me.

The viewfinder is a little bigger. Compared to your XT though, it'll look a LOT bigger. But it's not the life-changing experience that many claim it to be. It's still smaller than my 30 year old film SLR viewfinders. There isn't a single digital viewfinder that I've liked.

There were numerous situations where the 5D just could not lock focus, while the 40D would snap onto it no problem. It was really frustrating. The 5D has one cross type sensor that is only active at F/2.8 or faster. The 40D has NINE cross type sensors active at F/5.6 or faster. That's a LOT more sensitivity! I pretty much gave up using outer focus points in low light on the 5D. Totally useless. It annoyed me as I pretty much ONLY use outer focus points when shooting.

The 40D LCD screen is a LOT brighter and MUCH easier to see outdoors. Putting them side by side you can really see the difference. I didn't know there was that much of a diff until I had them right beside each other.

In a nutshell, in an operational sense, the 40D totally outclasses the 5D. It really makes the 5D and my 30D feel old. Image quality wise, the 5D is better at high ISO but even at 800 and below. The 5D has ISO50 as a bonus, but the 40D has Highlight Tone Priority which allowed me to get some shots that the 5D could not do as well. Live view is awesome for macro work, and killer for manual focusing.

In the end I decided not to go for a 5D because it was just feeling too behind in the times compared to the cheaper and fully capable 40D. In my situation, I would definitely NOT buy one. But the new one which should come out soon promises to be a killer camera. That one would be worth taking a look at!

Just my opinion.

Mitsu3000gt
09-09-2008, 08:28 AM
The 5D's main strength is its sensor, everything else is just plain slow. It's not weather sealed either, incase that was a concern for you. Much of this is expected though as it is an older camera due for replacement very soon.

If you only have one lens to get rid of (other one won't work anyways), also have a look at the Nikon D700 or consider waiting for the new 5D MK 2 if you really want to stick with Canon.

D'z Nutz
09-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by AccentAE86
In a nutshell, in an operational sense, the 40D totally outclasses the 5D.

Of course, there is a two years difference between camera technology between the two cameras...

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
The 5D's main strength is its sensor, everything else is just plain slow.

Thanks for your experienced opinion! :thumbsup: Or did you forget to add "I think" and "In my opinion"? :rolleyes:

Mitsu3000gt
09-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Of course, there is a two years difference between camera technology between the two cameras...

Thanks for your experienced opinion! :thumbsup: Or did you forget to add "I think" and "In my opinion"? :rolleyes:

Actually I've used a 5D, and know several people who have one. Thanks for coming out though.

D'z Nutz
09-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Fondling for 10-15 minutes doesn't count as using it.

Melinda
09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
^^ He's just using this thread as a chance to try and convert us Canon heathens over to the "dark side" aka Nikon. ;)

Mitsu3000gt
09-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Fondling for 10-15 minutes doesn't count as using it.

Oh is that what I did? Thanks, I wouldn't know, so I'm glad you are here to tell me what I did and didn't do.

Originally posted by Melinda
^^ He's just using this thread as a chance to try and convert us Canon heathens over to the "dark side" aka Nikon. ;)

Heaven forbid I suggest someone look at more than one option when searching for a new camera since they have very little lens investment. Shame on me :rofl:

benyl
09-09-2008, 09:35 AM

Oh is that what I did? Thanks, I wouldn't know, so I'm glad you are here to tell me what I did and didn't do.

Why so pissy Mark? Demz Ballz shot my entire wedding reception with the 5D. I think he knows more about the camera than you, even if you played with it for an hour. His 2 cents are worth far more than yours as you don't actually own one. Thanks for coming out.

Melinda
09-09-2008, 09:41 AM

Wow, sorry, we stand corrected oh great Canon master. What was your subject for this extensive camera test? The flowers in your back yard, or perhaps following your cat around for a day? Hard to give a review when you don't get much warrented field experience for a higher level camera like this one.

I think Accent was bang on with his review of this one, I found the same thing when I did the field shooting with the 5D (I was lucky enough to borrow one from my grandfather) but I also ended up sticking with my 40D after the trial.

LUCKYSTRIKE
09-09-2008, 10:02 AM
or perhaps following your cat around for a day?

lmao! :rofl:

thanks for the laugh =D

Mitsu3000gt
09-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Why so pissy Mark? Demz Ballz shot my entire wedding reception with the 5D. I think he knows more about the camera than you, even if you played with it for an hour. His 2 cents are worth far more than yours as you don't actually own one. Thanks for coming out.

Pissy? I was laughing..... Anyways when did I say I knew more about the camera than him or anyone else? When did I say the camera wasn't capable of shooting a wedding? I used the camera for a day and offered my input, exactly the same way as other people did.

Wow, sorry, we stand corrected oh great Canon master. What was your subject for this extensive camera test? The flowers in your back yard, or perhaps following your cat around for a day? Hard to give a review when you don't get much warrented field experience for a higher level camera like this one.

I think Accent was bang on with his review of this one, I found the same thing when I did the field shooting with the 5D (I was lucky enough to borrow one from my grandfather) but I also ended up sticking with my 40D after the trial.

What? When did I correct anyone about the 5D? When did I suggest I was a Canon master? You twist my posts around and get your panties all up in a bunch over all the littlest things. Just about everything you've ever criticized me on, you are guilty of yourself. I used the camera for a day (same amount of time as AccentAE86 and you by the sounds of it) and offered my findings which were, shockingly :rolleyes: , the same as him, yourself, and pretty much everyone else I've talked to. I was watching a basketball tournament and I was asked to take pictures for some friends of mine and one of them had a 5D so I used that. Had a different user posted EXACTLY the same thing I did, you wouldn't have even said anything. I'm throughly amused at how much you always care about what I say on an internet forum lol:rofl: The entertainment is what keeps me coming back ;)

Melinda
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
What? When did I correct anyone about the 5D? When did I suggest I was a Canon master? You twist my posts around and get your panties all up in a bunch over all the littlest things. Just about everything you've ever criticized me on, you are guilty of yourself. Had a different user posted EXACTLY the same thing I did, you wouldn't have even said anything. I'm throughly amused at how much you always care about what I say on an internet forum lol:rofl: The entertainment is what keeps me coming back ;)
What makes me so angry is that you offer your "advice" about stuff that a lot of us know you know next to nothing about, except what you read on a review forum. A lot of the time your comments are wrong or misleading and about half the time, you're comparing them to Nikon or trying to get people to switch over to Nikon (I still swear you're on their payroll or something). To the unfortuneate people who don't know any better and take your advice to heart, they are often being mislead by a Nikon warrior who, when it comes down to it, is not really all that experienced or qualified to be handing out Canon reviews and advice. This forum is a fantastic resource for people who need/want to learn more, but reviews from people who don't ACTUALLY know what they're talking about when it comes to certain pieces of gear aren't really all that helpful. THAT is why you piss me off so much.

I used the camera for a day (same amount of time as AccentAE86 and you by the sounds of it) and offered my findings which were, shockingly :rolleyes: , the same as him, yourself, and pretty much everyone else I've talked to. I was watching a basketball tournament and I was asked to take pictures for some friends of mine and one of them had a 5D so I used that.
OMG NO WAI! You went out for one or two 2 hour basketball games in one giant room with a constant flourescent light source and shot dudes running around with a friend's high end "professional" camera? That is TOTALLY the same as taking two cameras out to a full day event of ever changing situations, light sources, subject matter and lenses and comparing them! How silly of me! You are so right to compare and say our experience and knowledge is the same as yours after your extensive situation and "full day" knowledge of the camera compared to a wedding that spans 12+ hours of situations that actually TEST a camera! My horrible mistake! :(

Ben
09-09-2008, 10:46 AM
This thread is full of Fail.

Mel and Accent are not however.

Mitsu3000gt
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM

What makes me so angry is that you offer your "advice" about stuff that a lot of us know you know next to nothing about, except what you read on a review forum. A lot of the time your comments are wrong or misleading and about half the time, you're comparing them to Nikon or trying to get people to switch over to Nikon (I still swear you're on their payroll or something). To the unfortuneate people who don't know any better and take your advice to heart, they are often being mislead by a Nikon warrior who, when it comes down to it, is not really all that experienced or qualified to be handing out Canon reviews and advice. This forum is a fantastic resource for people who need/want to learn more, but reviews from people who don't ACTUALLY know what they're talking about when it comes to certain pieces of gear aren't really all that helpful. THAT is why you piss me off so much.

I can't even count the amount of times I've replied to people who PM me or in threads or whatever that it doesn't matter what system you have, unless you have some specific needs that one system simply does not offer and another one does. Every time, I tell people to go out and handle all the cameras, look at it as a system, etc. etc. Everyone else tells people to look at Nikon/Canon rather than Sony/Pentax/Sigma etc - does that mean you are all Nikon/Canon warriors conspiring against the other brands? As for wrong/misleading comments, just because they differ from your experience or opinion doesn't automtically make them wrong - it is possible that someone has an experience with something that isn't identical to yours and you never seem to understand that.

OMG NO WAI! You went out for one or two 2 hour basketball games in one giant room with a constant flourescent light source and shot dudes running around with a friend's high end "professional" camera? That is TOTALLY the same as taking two cameras out to a full day event of ever changing situations, light sources, subject matter and lenses and comparing them! How silly of me! You are so right to compare and say our experience and knowledge is the same as yours after your extensive situation and "full day" knowledge of the camera compared to a wedding that spans 12+ hours of situations that actually TEST a camera! My horrible mistake! :(

Here we go again, making assumptions and twisting my story around. When did I even mention the words "high end professional camera?" Secondly when did I compare my knowledge to anyone else by saying I knew more than them? You accuse me of spreading misinformation when even in this thread alone, you have made so much stuff up and made so many ridiculous assumptions I can barely keep track of it. These are the kinds of things I'm talking about when I accuse you of being a hypocrite. I simply said that from what I can tell from what you have been saying, I've used the 5D for as long as you have (1 day for you and Accent if I understand correctly). I did not say I was more/less qualified to comment on it. The week before I had my D300 with me so I actually did have some basis for comparison and was there for 8+ hours so I considered it a full day. A dimly lit gym with fast moving objects is one of many good tests for a camera IMO.

I see this isn't going anywhere, but I feel sorry for you that you get "so angry" when someone says something you don't agree with on an internet forum :thumbsup: Seems a little childish to me. God help you if you ever take the time to read the million other user's posts in all the other subjects on beyond that you may not agree with, I think you would have a break down if my harmless comments make you so angry lol :rofl:

lint
09-09-2008, 11:18 AM
deja vu. These threads always end up the same way.

OP: I like opinions on Canon A vs B
Mark (mostly irrelevant reply): I don't shoot Canon, but this Nikon is much better because blah blah blah
others: here we go again
Mark (defensive): What's wrong with posting my opinion? I always say IMO. No one ever complains when someone else posts their opinion. I like to show how gooder a reader of forum posts I am. Look at my cat, how sharp is my cat?
everyone: :rolleyes:

<colesnotes>
Mitsu3000gt is always helpful, insightful, experienced, knowledgeable, showers often and uses deodorant. And everyone else should be ashamed for picking on him.

Mitsu3000gt
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by lint

Mark (mostly irrelevant reply): I don't shoot Canon, but this Nikon is much better because blah blah blah
Mark (defensive): What's wrong with posting my opinion? I always say IMO. No one ever complains when someone else posts their opinion. I like to show how gooder a reader of forum posts I am. Look at my cat, how sharp is my cat?

&lt;colesnotes&gt;
Mitsu3000gt is always helpful, insightful, experienced, knowledgeable, showers often and uses deodorant. And everyone else should be ashamed for picking on him.

I actually got a decent laugh from that, thanks :rofl: And although I'm curious as to how you know this, I do shower often :thumbsup:

The_Rural_Juror
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ben
This thread is full of Fail.

Mel and Accent are not however.

I love your new sig sir.

Melinda
09-09-2008, 12:31 PM
GAH. I think this is the 100th time I've made this post to you, so to celebrate, I'm going to make it my last. After that, I'll just turn into one of the other forum "haters" and jump on a crusade to try to stop the new photogs from being affected by the misleading info you love to dole out.

I can't even count the amount of times I've replied to people who PM me or in threads or whatever that it doesn't matter what system you have, unless you have some specific needs that one system simply does not offer and another one does. Every time, I tell people to go out and handle all the cameras, look at it as a system, etc. etc. Everyone else tells people to look at Nikon/Canon rather than Sony/Pentax/Sigma etc - does that mean you are all Nikon/Canon warriors conspiring against the other brands?
I don't think I've ever said "go handle the only two camera brands out there" when giving similar advice. I know a few people who shoot with systems that differ from Nikon or Canon, and it works for them. Lumping "everyone else" into one phrase isn't a great idea, it makes some people dislike you more than they already do.

As for wrong/misleading comments, just because they differ from your experience or opinion doesn't automtically make them wrong - it is possible that someone has an experience with something that isn't identical to yours and you never seem to understand that.
:rofl: That's hilarious. It's one thing to have a different opinion based on experience, it's another to show the bunch of us that you are a DIE HARD Nikon guy, take photos of nothing really outside of your parent's back yard, and then offer advice on what the best lens is to use for shooting a wedding. Nikon systems or not, you are definately not the guy to be offering such advice, and that's just one example. The canon advice runs similarly along the same path though. Doesn't matter if you copy word for word something one of the other wedding photogs has posted, it still makes your opinion wrong because YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT EXPERIENCE.

Here we go again, making assumptions and twisting my story around. When did I even mention the words "high end professional camera?" Secondly when did I compare my knowledge to anyone else by saying I knew more than them?
You didn't need to say it was a high end professional camera. As far as the Canon DSLR's go, that's pretty up there for "high end". And you didn't have to say you knew more than us, but you pretty much did say that you had the same experience as us with the camera just based on time frame alone. IMHO, that's pretty far from the truth. (BTW, I was the sports photographer for my high school, I know that an 8 hr basketball tournaments usually works out to MAYBE 5 hours of shooting, if you're really really REALLY hard up to take a million shots of the same thing.)

You accuse me of spreading misinformation when even in this thread alone, you have made so much stuff up and made so many ridiculous assumptions I can barely keep track of it. These are the kinds of things I'm talking about when I accuse you of being a hypocrite.
Haha maybe you failed english class. Making assumptions about you based on the "vast" photography experience you've shown us that you have does not make me a hyprocrite. As far as misinformation goes, you'll have to show me where that bit was, cause I missed it. For the record, from sentence one of my responses in this thread I've been dealing only with your lack of Canon experience and your eagarness to dole out the info despite that. You would NEVER (and I mean NEVER) catch me recommending, reviewing or commenting on bodies, lenses, flashes or anything with the Nikon name on it to ANYONE. Why? Because I do not have nearly enough experience or knowledge to be doing that, no matter what I've read, seen or played with. My system of choice is Canon, and I stick with what I know. THAT my dear friend, demonstrates to me and anyone else who knows what a hypocrite really is, that I'm probably not a shining example of one. I definately lose out on the chance for my dictionary photo on this one :(

A dimly lit gym with fast moving objects is one of many good tests for a camera IMO.
One test. ONE. Holding the camera up to your eye in the store and feeling out the menu is considered a test of a camera too. Does that mean you know the ins and outs and can really say how awesome or flawed that camera is after just that as well? Shooting a few ball games probably had you using 10% of the functionality of that camera, and you certainly didn't mention that your experience was based only on one room of light for some moving around people. Maybe the OP doesn't give a hoot about sports and isn't interested in shooting dimly lit gyms, so your review would be useless to him, but how would he know that? You certainly weren't elaborating on your situation. A wedding encompasses everything from people, to landscapes to out door to indoor to low light, action, shining sun, rain, crawling around on the floor for new angles, detailed macro shots of cake/favors/name cards, etc etc etc. Accent (Lloyd actually, I feel weird calling him accent lol) mentioned his situations and experience. When I quoted him, I mentioned I agreed with his experience based on being in the same the situation with the same two cameras. It's no secret that weddings are a large part of what I shoot. If you're shooting weddings, you certainly have kept it a secret from us. I even mentioned that I borrowed the camera instead of being disapointed after buying it. No misleading info there.

I see this isn't going anywhere, but I feel sorry for you that you get "so angry" when someone says something you don't agree with on an internet forum :thumbsup: Seems a little childish to me. God help you if you ever take the time to read the million other user's posts in all the other subjects on beyond that you may not agree with, I think you would have a break down if my harmless comments make you so angry lol :rofl:
Haha now who's making assumptions? I've been on this forum a hell of a lot longer than you, kid, and you dont last long on here as one of the only female members without a bit of a thick skin. I'm not "so angry" about someone's post on a forum, I'm angry that you don't get the point that we (and I do mean a collective "we") have been trying to get across to you for the last year or two. And because you refuse to actually listen, your "I know-it-all, listen to me, I don't take advice from anyone because I read it on a forums and it's all "in my opinion" (your HDR photo examples rings a bell here)" attitude rings through in every single post you make. It's actually now become your reputation, at least in this section of beyond. All of this is all well and good, except there are a TON of new posters and lurkers who read your holier than thou attitude posts and think because you're so sure fire and cocky and refuse to take advice or any critisism, you must know what you're talking about. Again, who's guilty of misinformation?

3g4u
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
OP^

While i have no experience with the 5D, i was in the same situation as you. I had a Rebel XT and was looking into an upgrade. I looked at the new Rebel XSI but found out that they switched from CF cards to SD cards which in my opinion was pretty dumb and i was not in the mood to have to buy every accessory in the book i allready have for the XT because they decided to change the battery to something different as well.
this made me think that if i am going to have to buy a new battery pack, battery, and whatnot all over again that i might as well kick it up a knotch. I ended up getting the 40D which i have shot a few weddings with this summer, and a few different architectural jobs and interior design jobs with. I am very pleased with the 40D compared to the XT, the live view is great as stated for macros and manual focusing, the fact that my speedlight 580ex is fully compatible with it is a huge perk for me. might want to wait abit and see what the 50D has to offer as I have heard it is going to have a few other goodies that the 40D does not have, including a HDMI output!

BerserkerCatSplat
09-09-2008, 01:14 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
09-09-2008, 02:21 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love it. I am so amused at how worked up some people get over such ridiculous things. I don't know why it amuses me so much, but the entertainment value of Beyond in general for me is very high because of this even if I contribute to it.

Melinda
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love it. I am so amused at how worked up some people get over such ridiculous things. I don't know why it amuses me so much, but the entertainment value of Beyond in general for me is very high because of this even if I contribute to it.
An intelligent response that proves every single word of my previous post. Well done, Sir! :thumbsup:

benyl
09-09-2008, 03:02 PM

<colesnotes>
Mitsu3000gt always has an opinion on things he knows little about based on his vast life experience (he is very, very old after all). He has used every camera there is to use and has driven many exotic cars extensively. He should be working as a photo journalist for a major car magazine, but alas (according to Mel, as I don't know) can only take pictures of flowers and his cat. When offering his opinion, and of course only his opinion, he types as though it is the only truth to live by and thus no one should ever question him. When someone does question him, he gets super defensive and cries to his mommy. And everyone else should be ashamed for picking on him.

There, fixed it for you.

lint
09-09-2008, 03:27 PM

There, fixed it for you.

Yes, your extended colesnotes are much more detailed and descriptive. Accurate too, I might add.

The_Rural_Juror
09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
So...buy Nikon if you want sharp pictures of your cat?

BerserkerCatSplat
09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
So...buy Nikon if you want sharp pictures of your cat?

Precisely. I shoot Nikon, I always get sharp pictures of my cat, and I don't even own a cat. That's how cat-sharp Nikon is.

Melinda
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Precisely. I shoot Nikon, and I always get sharp pictures of my cat. Amazingly, I don't even own a cat - that's how cat-sharp Nikon is.
Haha I don't know why, but I just sat here for a full two minutes laughing out loud at that. :rofl:

The_Rural_Juror
09-09-2008, 07:10 PM

Precisely. I shoot Nikon, I always get sharp pictures of my cat, and I don't even own a cat. That's how cat-sharp Nikon is.

It must have uber megapixels.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

It must have uber megapixels.

Nope, just cats. Millions of tiny, light-sensitive cats.

C4S
09-09-2008, 07:21 PM
DAMN!!

I have typed a long long long long reply ..

And then TIME OUT !!!!

I am not going to type again! damn!

Long story short .. for $2K or under ... go for the 5D, still best quality for $2K or under!!! as new Canon FF will be $3K plus anyway ...

If no more Canon rebate now .. then not worth to spend $2400 for a 5D now, better wait for new one in app. a month.

Or find a good used one .. :D

I may sell my 2 month old, 150 actuations old 5D when the new one is out .. :D

mboldt
09-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I've owned a ton of cameras and the 5D wasn't really all that impressive. You need to make sure you get a good copy of the body as well as all of your lenses... I owned a 5D + 24-70 + 70-200 and @ 24mm the edges were very soft and the edges of the sensor of the 5D are known to not be that great. It is out dated and not really worth the upgrade... I wouldn't really recommend going fullframe if you have an XT right now and you aren't serious about photography... You are going to be spending a lot more than you want on lenses probably.

I know everyone on here hates on people saying switch to Nikon, but I have owned all levels of Canon and Nikon equipment(rebel xt, 30d, 5d, d80, d2x, d300 and over 25 different lenses) and I would recommend going and purchasing the D90 when it's available... 12 bit color, live view, 12mp, video features, nice big hi res lcd all brand new up to date technologies.

The_Rural_Juror
09-09-2008, 10:17 PM

Nope, just cats. Millions of tiny, light-sensitive cats.

I found one!

http://anapires.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/ceiling_cat.jpg

Phihalo
09-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks for all your input of this topic, i've heard the bad copies story as well (dust in the viewfinder, thanks for the heads up mbolt), however, here's 2 things that i was considering:
1) my XT is slowly dying, i believe the sensor is degrading as there are many lines going across the pics when the lighting is dark.

2)I've always wanted to try a ff as well and i thought that now it'd be a good price (i can get this in HK for 21300 which comes w/ the 24-105L, which equals to 2915.24 FX 7.30643) Trust me on the FX as i work in a bank :D

however, after you guys' comments, i will look into the 40D b/c of the technology aspect. anyone can direct me to the news about the new 5D? i'm at work right now and don't want to browse around google (need to be stealthy you know)

Sorry Mitsu3000gt, i am a canon-fan and not going to switch ever.

KKY
09-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Phihalo
anyone can direct me to the news about the new 5D? i'm at work right now and don't want to browse around google (need to be stealthy you know)
The 5D replacement has not been announced yet. Canon USA and Japan sites have tease ads of a new DSLR.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndex1Act&fcategoryid=101
http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eosd/index.html

benyl
09-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Phihalo
i'm at work right now and don't want to browse around google (need to be stealthy you know)

So you won't surf google but you will surf beyond at work?

takkyu
09-10-2008, 01:01 PM

So you won't surf google but you will surf beyond at work?

It's called dedication.... or something.

Focus
09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Damn these threads are funny!!! I am sure that if Mitsu3000gt reviewed a Hass the Nikon would come out on top. I shoot with both the 40d and XT I love the 40d, at some point I want to move up to the MKII, but as stated before I would need to take it on an actual shoot and shoot it side by side with what I have. And I need to have the "need" to move up to that kind of equipment.