PDA

View Full Version : Bull On Sterioids

DomesticBoy
09-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Sometimes when you think it doesn't get any crazier, you get a rude awakening and get confronted with a car like you see in the picture. I would be very happy with 500hp but the owner of this Gallardo must have thought that wasn't enough. He asked Underground Racing if they could assist him in the search of more horsepower.

With the help of two turbo's they managed to extract 1025hp out of the engine. You know, I'm not even amazed by that number, I'm more in awe when I look at the fabrication of the entire exhaust system. There's not a whole lot of room to begin with but they have pulled it of flawlessly.

mark4091
09-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Yeah that's a pretty crazy exhaust system.

BlkMaxima
09-09-2008, 08:33 AM
That's crazy. I wonder how much that cost him?:drool:

topmade
09-09-2008, 08:34 AM
That thing is F...ing sweet :drool:

em2ab
09-09-2008, 08:39 AM
There's a local one too. :dunno:

DomesticBoy
09-09-2008, 08:43 AM
the one built by zrauto?
The exhaust work on this one tho is amazing as well as how its set up tho. Never seen the other one with the bumper off haha

bashir26
09-09-2008, 09:52 AM
That's not ZRauto's car, he has a wide IMSA bodykit.

Twin-turboing the Gallardo is anywhere between $50,000-$60,000

boxer23
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
^^ pretty cheap if you ask me

Khalil.e
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
At 25% of the vehicle price?

Buffalo Soldier
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow id love to hear that car..

BlkMaxima
09-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by bashir26

Not worth it...

You could probably piece together a turbo kit, having everything fabbed up and installed. With equal or better quality for less.

boxer23
09-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I think the kit is relatively cheap when comparing the actual running costs of a stock Gallardo. As well as the enormous power gains and having a Heffner turbo kit on your car would only appreciate/ remain steady your cars value.

Also blkmaxima, underground racing provides a 24000mile warranty on the full turbo kit if anything were ever to go wrong. With that in mind, I think it would be tough to have a better build qaulity.

BlkMaxima
09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by boxer23

Also blkmaxima, underground racing provides a 24000mile warranty on the full turbo kit if anything were ever to go wrong. With that in mind, I think it would be tough to have a better build qaulity.

What does the warranty cover though. Only the kit parts? Or the whole engine if anything happens to it?

With the warranty it seems like a better deal but still damn expensive.

sputnik
09-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Wonder how his tractions is?

Gotta love the guys with huge horsepower who are able to only melt tires.

obliterate8
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Lol yeah, I've never really understood the concept of ENORMOUS horsepower figures. In every video you'll see them dyno, and yeah they sound like crazy machines and produce alot of power but when they show them driven on the streets it just seems like a huge burden...
I don't think many cars can push over 800 without spinning through like 4 gears..
when i first saw this thread i expected to see some jacked up cow:rofl: :dunno:

mowglee
09-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by obliterate8
when i first saw this thread i expected to see some jacked up cow:rofl: :dunno:

hahahaah me too :D :D :D

Carlton
09-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Wonder how his tractions is?

Gotta love the guys with huge horsepower who are able to only melt tires. '

Its AWD and probably puts it to the ground a lot better than a turbo FWD vic.

Grogador
09-13-2008, 06:13 PM
kinda like this?

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08/09-14-08page-Lamborghini-Gallardo-Twin-Turbo-by-Underground-Racing.htm

rmk
09-13-2008, 11:27 PM
IIRC, there are three TT Gallardos and (apparently) a TT Murcielago in Calgary. ZR is the Heffner Performance contact for Canada. No traction issues whatsoever according to the owners.

dino_martini
09-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by bashir26

60k? Thats alot

But it does allow you to say "Yeah well my car has one thousand horsepower"

How does the twin turbo mod effect resale..

rusich
09-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

60k? Thats alot

But it does allow you to say "Yeah well my car has one thousand horsepower"

How does the twin turbo mod effect resale..

One would probably chech youtube for product history.

NewLextasy
09-17-2008, 08:07 PM
The price you guys are talking about includes taking out your engine and rebuilding it with stronger parts and then putting it all back and tuning.

It's actually cheap consdering u get a whole new engine and tuning included.

I drove the green one at ZR auto the other day for like an hour and it was the most amazing thing ever.

As soon as my factory warranty is up i will be doing it to my car!

m10-power
09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Not worth it :rofl: - clown

Seriously, I've seen the green car waste the Enzo in the 1/4 mile. Not even close.

280km/h on the front straight without pushing it...nuts

Watched it do 6-8 drag runs in a row without issue, launching full hard, it was spinning the wheels but I wouldn't say it was having traction issues.

Incredible car and well engineered.

Graham_A_M
09-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

Not worth it...

You could probably piece together a turbo kit, having everything fabbed up and installed. With equal or better quality for less.

Word $50-60K ? FUCK that:nut: :nut: :nut:

Can you build a 1500hp Twin-turbo turn key (by turn key I mean absolutely everything, including the blue-printed block) Chevy Small block for $30k, its not hard to do. This for $60k?

:confused:

I guess the people that can afford these cars, can afford to be stupid and not look around.
:dunno:

rmk
09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
60K for a tried and tested kit. Everyone who owns and has driven one absolutely raves about it.

m10-power
09-17-2008, 09:39 PM
but it's not a sbc...and wow a blue printed block even...lol

People that can afford to do this to these cars want them to work as if it came from the factory. Hardly stupid, they also don't want to be an experiment, tried and proven is worth it's weight.

As for them being stupid and not looking around that's pretty funny. Kind of like comparing a 1000hp Lamborghini Gallardo with a 1500hp sbc build.

NewLextasy
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
This is what you get and trust me its 100% worth it

Turbo System
- Custom BILLET Twin 62 mm turbochargers
- Tial billet wastegates
- Tial billet blow off valves
- All exhaust fabrication to be stainless steel, mandrel bent, high flow
and high temp heat coated or show polished
- All air intake fabrication to be stainless steel, mandrel bent, high flow
and show polished
- High pressure T-bolt clamps for intake pressure tubes and v-band
clamps for exhaust tubes
- Custom heat shielding
- Custom Air/Water intercooler system
- Air/water heat exchanger
- High Flow intercooler water pump
- Custom ice water reservoir
- Crank case ventalation system
- K&N air filters

Underground Custom Billet Short Block
- Full blue print and balanced race short bock
- Carrillo billet rods
- CP custom reverse dish race pistons
- CP spiral locks
- CP .180+ wall wrist pins
- CP oil rail support
- Custom steel cylinder sleeves
- Main bearings
- Rod bearings
- Total seal TNT file fit rings

Fuel System
- 2 Custom Billet fuel pump hangers with High Flow fuel pumps
- All Aeroquip stainless steel line and aluminum fittings
- Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- Upgraded injectors

Tuning
- AEM
- Custom wiring harness
- Professional dyno and street ability tuning.

The 1,000+ RWHP upgrade is $59,500 and includes a electronic boost controller, upgraded fuel system componants and required EMS calibration.

ALL Underground builds include a FREE 2 Year / 24,000 mile warranty. Maintainability / Reliability is engineered into our products and we stand behind all of them with this free warranty.

ZorroAMG
09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Well considering the kit on Rage's E46 is about half that, being on a Lambo and parts price inflation due to the name considered, that price seems rather good...

I'd do it if I wanted that much power.

The haters are just that.....

A790
09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
The haters are just jealous.
Corrected :)

CUG
09-18-2008, 01:00 AM
That's friggin SICK.

Canmorite
09-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

Not worth it...

The TT'd Gallardo in Calgary eats Enzos. I'd say it's worth it :nut:

Stunt66
09-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I guess the people that can afford these cars, can afford to be stupid and not look around.
:dunno:

These stupid idiots are driving cars that are worth the same as some houses. Their not buying some fancy front load washer that you can buy anywhere. If i was rollin in a lambo and looking to twin turbo it I sure as hell wouldn't be calling around comparing prices, I'd go with something that is tried and true even if it was double what some joe blow could do.

mazda_maniac
09-19-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm sure you could afford the cost of the twin turbo if you can afford the cost of the lambo. That thing is retarded.

Cody D
10-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by mazda_maniac
I'm sure you could afford the cost of the twin turbo if you can afford the cost of the lambo. That thing is retarded.

Not necessarily, most of the people in Calgary with exotics are leasing them, I wonder what the leasing companies would think about these mods.

SetoJai
10-26-2008, 11:09 AM
that engine bay of the gallardo is just mouth watering... :drool:

NewLextasy
10-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Cody D

Not necessarily, most of the people in Calgary with exotics are leasing them, I wonder what the leasing companies would think about these mods.

Anyone who is leasing an Exotic is with Transport Action And you don't have the option to return the car at the end of the lease you have to buy it out or sell the car to pay off the lease.

So I dont think they would care what you do to the engine/Car

DomesticBoy
10-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by NewLextasy

that would be sweet, do er up:thumbsup:

Cody D
10-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Anyone who is leasing an Exotic is with Transport Action And you don't have the option to return the car at the end of the lease you have to buy it out or sell the car to pay off the lease.

So I dont think they would care what you do to the engine/Car

I know one of the younger guys with the Heftner TT Gallardos in Calgary blew his engine about a month ago, if that car was collateral on a lease you would think someone might have a problem with that.

FiveFreshFish
10-26-2008, 08:35 PM

Why wait?

NewLextasy
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM

I know one of the younger guys with the Heftner TT Gallardos in Calgary blew his engine about a month ago, if that car was collateral on a lease you would think someone might have a problem with that.

What? Which one blew his engine? how do u know this? If he actually blew his engine it will be the first one EVER to have problems with the kit.

nbaker00
10-26-2008, 08:53 PM

What? Which one blew his engine? how do u know this? If he actually blew his engine it will be the first one EVER to have problems with the kit.
And it SHOULD be covered under warranty, correct (by Heffner)?

NewLextasy
10-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00

And it SHOULD be covered under warranty, correct (by Heffner)?

No heffner doesn't come with warranty only UGR does.

But heffner's kit has been around for a while and he has done over 20 gallardos and none of them have had a problem. This is the first time if thats what happend

nbaker00
10-26-2008, 08:59 PM

No heffner doesn't come with warranty only UGR does.
Oh shit, yea I thought we were talking about Underground.
So if engine blew with underground, that would be covered?

Cody D
10-26-2008, 09:02 PM

I'll PM you with what I know. It's a fairly reliable source.

NewLextasy
10-26-2008, 09:07 PM

I'll PM you with what I know. It's a fairly reliable source.

Alright Thanks, I really want to research everything befor i go and do it to my car. I was told that they were really reliable.

And yes if your engine blew with underground it would be under there warranty

Casa
10-26-2008, 10:27 PM
thats unreal.