PDA

View Full Version : Couple of AutoCAD/AutoPlant questions

Euro838
09-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with the following:

1) What's the command to display all actions in the command text box? I need to see all the functions and data reads/writes behind the scenes.

2) Customizing the Piping menu in autoplant. I'm editing the at_pipe.mns file and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a quick run through of the structure, format and commands for this file.

Thanks in advance!

Post or PM!

legendboy
09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I would try some of the autodesk forums

beyondmike
09-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Euro838
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with the following:

1) What's the command to display all actions in the command text box? I need to see all the functions and data reads/writes behind the scenes.

2) Customizing the Piping menu in autoplant. I'm editing the at_pipe.mns file and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a quick run through of the structure, format and commands for this file.

Thanks in advance!

Post or PM!

1) do you mean the F2 button???

legendboy
09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
No that just detaches the text box at the bottom of the screen. He is talking about more of a programming thing i think.

autumnrain
09-11-2008, 11:05 AM
i was thinking the F2 button too
or if you dont' have a command box
CNTL 9

Euro838
09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes, I know about the F2 which displays or brings up the command text window. I'm looking to have this window display all commands/functions that are called when you select an item from the menu. i.e. if I choose a pipe component, then it would show me the AT_ function that is called in the methods.ini or ebs file.

megavolt
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
My autocad god friend sent me this:

Question 1: There really is no command to list all functions and commands... There are hundreds. Google AutoCAD command list. There is the command "setvar" that displays all the variables in Autocad registry and dwg file.

Question 2: Well if the person is using ANY update to date AutoCAD 2007,08, or 09. They shouldnt being editing the old style .mns file. They should just edit the newly created file .cui with the CUI editor. Command "CUI"

and Questions like those are EASY to solve if you just google it. AutoDesk is the 2nd largest software company next to MS. Thus online answers and kinda easy to come by.

Euro838
09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I know about the CUI file but unfortunately stuck in 2005 with mnu/mns files.

Well, I figure there is probably a decent population of beyonders here in drafting and design that someone would have an answer. Thanks.

Also, the problem with google is because there are so many answers, trying to find an applicable one is not as easy. I've already wasted a few hours with the google approach. :)

legendboy
09-12-2008, 02:09 PM
search the autodesk forums !!! lol