PDA

View Full Version : Where to get the best cinnamon buns?

adidas
09-09-2008, 12:05 PM
What is a good place to get cinnamon buns in calgary?

They gotta be fresh and price doesnt matter aslong as they taste delicious!

DJ_NAV
09-09-2008, 12:14 PM
cinnezeo?

adidas
09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
^^ want to find a bakery, that is privately owned

HHURICANE1
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Get your mom to make some if she bakes. None of the bakeries I've had them for are worth shit.

89coupe
09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
Get your mom to make some if she bakes. None of the bakeries I've had them for are worth shit.

Yep, bake them yourself.

If not then Cinnezeo

Kritafo
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Cinnzeo--- pffft = crap

The pillsbury one you bake yourself are better than those.

The bakery in Bowness had some good ones a few years back, not sure how they compare these days.

IT's really a shame that Cinnabon closed up shop here in Calgary, they were good.

89coupe
09-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
Cinnzeo--- pffft = crap

The bakery in Bowness had some good ones a few years back, not sure how they compare these days.

IT's really a shame that Cinnabon closed up shop here in Calgary, they were good.

Pillsbury? LOL...ok :bullshit:

Cinnabon & Cinnzeo are identical.

JordanEG6
09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Ikea...it's a $1 hahaha.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not fresh and the price don't matter :rofl:

dj_rice
09-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Cinnzeo--- pffft = crap

I heard that Cinnzeo and Cinnabon were owned by Satan

Kritafo
09-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Pillsbury? LOL...ok :bullshit:

Cinnabon & Cinnzeo are identical.

ummmm not even close.

300rwhp
09-09-2008, 02:21 PM
manuel latruwe next to the main bernard callebaut store on macleod has cinnamon buns

malcolmk14
09-09-2008, 02:30 PM
+1 for manuel latruwe.

89coupe
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM

ummmm not even close.

Exact same recipe.

rmk
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Cinnzeo right out of the oven. Melts in your mouth

omg

Kritafo
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM

Exact same recipe.

Umm no it's not. They don't even use the same icing.

most cinnamon buns are almost the same recipe but cinnzeo and cinnabon you can't compare side by side.

Cinnabon lost it's franchise for Western Canada. Mr Jay then created Cinnzeo, it would break franchise regulations if he were to use the same recipe.

The fellow that owned the western franchise.

If you want to believe they are the same...go ahead. I will continue to get my cinnabon fix whenever I fly home to ON.

After all we all like different food...for me I won't touch Cinnzeo
:barf:

Kritafo
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by malcolmk14
+1 for manuel latruwe.

Yes I forgot about that place...probably the best I have had in town not from a chain or my oven.

GTS Jeff
09-09-2008, 06:44 PM

most cinnamon buns are almost the same recipe but cinnzeo and cinnabon you can't compare side by side.

Cinnabon lost it's franchise for Western Canada. Mr Jay then created Cinnzeo, it would break franchise regulations if he were to use the same recipe.

If you want to believe they are the same...go ahead. I will continue to get my cinnabon fix whenever I fly home to ON.

:barf: Oh WOW you even know his NAME!!! So I guess you are now an expert on cinnamon buns and restaurant franchise operations in Western Canada! Kind of like how you're an expert on pork and religion right?

Gee golly, why don't you try being an expert on cars too, since this is a car site!

89coupe
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM

:barf:

Nope, same recipe. Sorry son.

Ripper
09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Leave it to beyond to find a way to squabble about cinnamon buns.

:rofl:

dj_rice
09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Oh WOW you even know his NAME!!! So I guess you are now an expert on cinnamon buns and restaurant franchise operations in Western Canada! Kind of like how you're an expert on pork and religion right?

Gee golly, why don't you try being an expert on cars too, since this is a car site!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kritafo
09-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Oh WOW you even know his NAME!!! So I guess you are now an expert on cinnamon buns and restaurant franchise operations in Western Canada! Kind of like how you're an expert on pork and religion right?

I never said I was an expert.

My parents didn't raise me to rude to people I didn't know.
But your the same people that finger me for doing the speed limit and signaling.

But you certainly are an experts on how to be asses.

I love cars....I am certainly no expert....you probably aren't either.

RZRSHARP_SVX
09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Deer Valley Bakery makes really good cinnamon buns.

down in the south

msommers
09-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Is price REALLY not an issue? Go to Black Diamond Bakery :rofl:

GTS Jeff
09-09-2008, 09:27 PM
My parents didn't raise me So that explains your lack of social self-awareness! Ohhhh that's right, your parents left you and you were raised by a pack of wolves.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_lLGTFFnlZNc/R6BdXYeXafI/AAAAAAAAANk/Ra0y4rlbRSo/s320/mowgli.jpg

Can't say I'm surprised you get fingered while driving though. Shitty drivers always get flipped off. I guess you could say that it's a real "jungle" out there. :rofl:

hks
09-09-2008, 10:49 PM
So that explains your lack of social self-awareness! Ohhhh that's right, your parents left you and you were raised by a pack of wolves.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_lLGTFFnlZNc/R6BdXYeXafI/AAAAAAAAANk/Ra0y4rlbRSo/s320/mowgli.jpg

Can't say I'm surprised you get fingered while driving though. Shitty drivers always get flipped off. I guess you could say that it's a real "jungle" out there. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HybridTheory
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Hahaha oh man

Anyway, back on topic...I would guess Glamorgan Bakery? They have other awesome baked goods there. But Cinnezeo is good in my opinion

sputnik
09-10-2008, 10:55 AM

Exact same recipe.

Not even close.

Cinnabon > Cinnzeo

Cinnzeo buns are dry and bland. Cinnabon is FAR superior.

89coupe
09-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Not even close.

Cinnabon > Cinnzeo

Cinnzeo buns are dry and bland. Cinnabon is FAR superior.

Same, sorry guys.:rofl:

ronaldo
09-10-2008, 11:06 AM
good earth bakes their cinnamon buns fresh every morning, if they aren't warm ask for them to be heated and they taste amazing..best thing is that they are healthier for you than all those others.

Jynx
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Mcdonalds sells some solid ones and they are cheap too

adamc
09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Spolumbos makes a kick ass huge cinnamon bun

Zero102
09-10-2008, 12:25 PM
x2 for Glamorgan Bakery, I prefer their cinnamon twists. Never tried cinnamon buns there, but those cinnamon twists are good enough to get me to drive all the way across the city just to get some :drool:

takkyu
09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
Mcdonalds sells some solid ones and they are cheap too :barf:

Zero102
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
Mcdonalds sells some solid ones and they are cheap too

Wow, missed that post. I echo the above sentiment, x3
:barf: :barf: :barf:

Those things are absolutely VILE

Whats next, recommending cinna-stix from domino's???

Atriux
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ronaldo
good earth bakes their cinnamon buns fresh every morning, if they aren't warm ask for them to be heated and they taste amazing..best thing is that they are healthier for you than all those others.

Who's looking for "healthy" when you're talking about cinnamon buns >.<

msouther
09-10-2008, 05:32 PM
My grandma's kitchen, but that is an 8.5 hour drive to Saskatchewan so they are hard to come by. Nothing like a hot, fresh out of the over cinnamon bun slathered in butter. :drool:

Other than that I have only had Cinnzeo or whatever it is in Market Mall. It was pretty damn good, but fast food like. I think Cinnabon and Cinnzeo are the same companies as others have mentioned. I can't remember where I read this so I guess it isn't that credible.

Enjoy!

Jynx
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

Wow, missed that post. I echo the above sentiment, x3
:barf: :barf: :barf:

Those things are absolutely VILE

Whats next, recommending cinna-stix from domino's???

Whatever man there so gooooood hahaha

lelalong
09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I'll look in my recipe binder and post up a recipe later...I found a cinnabon like recipe which includes vanilla pudding mix in the dough. Makes the dough soft and tasty!

adidas
09-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Went to manuel latruwe yesterday and they were decent! I liked the vanilla filled type of pastry much better! Make sure you get there before 12 if you plan on tryin out most of their pastries as they run out fairly quickly!

I will have to give out the few other ones a try!

If anyone is ever headed to Big Valley, they have the best cinnamon buns! Dont think ive ever had anything better!