PDA

View Full Version : Finding out if you have outstanding fines?

ekguy
09-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Is there any other way other than going downtown or a registry to find this out. Meaning can I call anywhere? With school and work both being full time it get's hard to do anything during the day.

I just want to know how much I'm going to need to fork over this week when I register my car.

89coupe
09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Is there any other way other than going downtown or a registry to find this out. Meaning can I call anywhere? With school and work both being full time it get's hard to do anything during the day.

I just want to know how much I'm going to need to fork over this week when I register my car.

How fuck could you not know if you have any outstanding fines or not?

dr_jared88
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Pretty sure he means he knows he has outstanding fines and wants to know how much he's screwed.

ekguy
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Pretty much it. And I've been so busy the last couple years moving from nb to here, then back to nb, then back to Calgary that I literally don't even remember if I paid them or not. I had some huge bills I paid I didn't remember paying until I checked and also had some things I thought I paid that had went to collections. I've moved 9 times in the last 3 years so things have gone all crazy for me. Now things are settling down and it'd be nice if there was a way I could find out how much I owe so I can find out how much money to put from my savings into my checking account to pay said fines if indeed I do how them still haha.

ekguy
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Anyone? Or should I just bring an assload of cash to the registry and hope I have enough haha.

Redlyne_mr2
09-09-2008, 03:19 PM
u can go online.. google alberta fine payment. You enter your drivers licence number and it comes up.

ekguy
09-09-2008, 03:27 PM
you sure it's asking for fine number not licence number

BlkMaxima
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
You can go to a registry.

beyond_ban
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Is there any other way other than going downtown or a registry to find this out

Originally posted by BlkMaxima
You can go to a registry.

reading > you

ekguy
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
yeah i was trying to find out how much money i needed before going. My checking account got skimmed twice in the last 2 years so I try to keep it mostly empty and just transfer money over when I need it from my savings account.

LadyLuck
09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
whatever your fine is...add either $20 or 20% to it..whichever amount is greater.

You only get one late charge on it. and thats how much it will be.

Supa Dexta
09-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Photo radar and not up to date address you'd have no idea if you have fines. Duhhh

tm88
09-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
u can go online.. google alberta fine payment. You enter your drivers licence number and it comes up.

Im pretty sure u need the ticket number unless i didnt find the right spot.

ekguy
09-09-2008, 03:54 PM
yeah thats what I figure.

Is 20% the most they will increase it by?

BlkMaxima
09-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

reading > you

lol FINE.

Go find a police officer. Ask him/her to run your name or Drivers #. If you get arrested for a warrant. You have an outstanding fine.

:poosie:

ekguy
09-09-2008, 04:00 PM
yeah definitely not what i'll be doing haha.

LadyLuck
09-09-2008, 04:00 PM
yeah thats what I figure.

Is 20% the most they will increase it by?

Yep.
on the yellow tickets it is.
If you got one of those pink tickets then you probably would have been arrested by now as those are mandatory court appearances.

so yes, 20% once and then whenever you pay it.
I went 9 months without paying one of my fines and it only went up once.

lol FINE.

Go find a police officer. Ask him/her to run your name or Drivers #. If you get arrested for a warrant. You have an outstanding fine.

:poosie:

wrong.
he wont get arrested. like i mentioned above, if its a yellow issued ticket, meaning he was speeding under 50 km/hr then you wont get arrested even if its outstanding. they might mention it to you. my buddy is a cop, i made sure because mine wasnt paid for a good 9 months

:D

BlkMaxima
09-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Princess*Precid

wrong.
he wont get arrested. like i mentioned above, if its a yellow issued ticket, meaning he was speeding under 50 km/hr then you wont get arrested even if its outstanding. they might mention it to you. my buddy is a cop, i made sure because mine wasnt paid for a good 9 months

:D

Might be a discrepancy(sp?) thing because I have a friend who's somewhat of a dumbass and he was arrested twice for outstanding fines and had his bike impounded both times.

:rofl:

LadyLuck
09-09-2008, 04:11 PM

I have a friend who's somewhat of a dumbass

:rofl:

that explains it all right there

r0g3r
09-09-2008, 04:12 PM
how do you find out if you have a ticket coming in the mail? beucase I just got a ticket for august 21, come yesterday....

im just paranoid thinking about it :thumbsdow

LadyLuck
09-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by r0g3r
how do you find out if you have a ticket coming in the mail? beucase I just got a ticket for august 21, come yesterday....

im just paranoid thinking about it :thumbsdow

ok...im confused...

so you got the ticket already?