PDA

View Full Version : LF: Electrical Company Willing To Take An Apprentice

403integra
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I just recently graduated from high school and am looking to start a trade as an electrician. Any beyond members know of any calgary company's that are currently looking?

revelations
09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/225738/1st-year-electrician-lf-work/

James
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
If you don't have 'In' with a company, and nothing else works try going through the yellow pages and sending out your resume with a cover letter stating you want to start an apprenticeship etc.., might get lucky, It's How i got my job.

jav_
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
shouldve join the RAP program in high school

rinny
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
workopolis.com
calgary herald classifieds
calgary sun classifieds

newspapers, online classifieds/job placement websites

Go to a job site with your resume early in the morning, talk to the foreman at the site. Be creative! Many people in trades (mainly experienced/j-mans) just go to the site and talk to the main man in charge.

403integra
09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Like i said i've just graduated but am a really hard worker.
Do to the fact that i have no experience does that mean i have little to no shot at getting hired?

HuMz
09-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Don't bother going to the site if your just looking at starting off go right to the office and ask to speak to the person hiring in person and tell him your situation and how you wanna be given a chance.

Also to add I currently work for Canem systems and there is a ton of work coming up at the Lougheed and Penny Lane towers, speak to Neil in the office. Western Electric, Trotter & Morton, O'Dell Electric, and Custom (although they treat you like shit compared to the rest) are some more of the bigger ones. But like was mentioned above just spend a day dropping off resumes and cover letters in person, I started my apprenticeship with a outfit called SVE (St. Vital Electric) by the same method.

civic roller
09-12-2008, 12:51 AM
I manage a panel shop for a High Voltage Testing and Commissioing Company and I am looking to hire more people. If that is something that you are interested in PM me.

S13_Ryan
09-12-2008, 02:18 AM
apply at canem systems. were always hiring... i think.
Neil Moffatt is my uncle. He's the guy you wanna talk to.