PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1988 Toyota Soarer, Twin Turbo

mx73someday
09-11-2003, 11:01 PM
1988 JDM RHD Toyota Soarer, Twin-Turbo, automatic.

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100001/img/102.jpg

The bad:

Engine is unique to NA (have to special order parts 4-5 days), needs new tires.

The good:

123,000k kms, $5500obo., very good condition. Chassis is the same as Mk III Supra, so parts are the same (cept for the engine and body). Very unique, perhaps the only Soarer in Canada.

It seems no one is interested in the car in Edmonton, I'm going to make a trip out to Calgary if enough people are interested. I'm located in St. Albert.

For more info check out:

http://www.importconcern.ca/

dj_honda
09-11-2003, 11:06 PM
if i can sell my car soon i will consider it. how did you go about insuring it??? and what was insurance like (any extra costs because it is unique to NA?)
oh yea...i think youre the only other guy on here with a cressida :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
09-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Wow what a dramatic price drop

method
09-11-2003, 11:43 PM
why are none of the pics in Canada?

mx73someday
09-11-2003, 11:55 PM
I got my insurance before I imported it actually, I wanted to be sure I could get it. It took them a little extra time to figure out how to input the car's serial number, but otherwise it was fine. Insurance was only $10/month more than my Cressida.

The price has dropped because I didn't plan on having the car for this long. I bought it to see if it was feasible to import and sell. (That's not to say I didnt take care of it) I thought it would've sold faster, I see low-km Mk III Turbo Supra's going for alot more.

No pics because my digicam isn't the best. If you want more pictures, I can take them.

dogstar
09-12-2003, 02:05 AM
i would be all over this car if i could pony up the cash.

dont suppose your taking trades? :)

TrevorK
09-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by method
why are none of the pics in Canada?

It was at the BOI up here in Edmonton, so I can tell you it's not like it got beat up in the boat that brought it here...

Definetely an interesting car.

nosegrindR
09-12-2003, 12:14 PM
damn that's a nice car, bump for that

OWNED
09-15-2003, 10:27 PM
that car is nice man!

)v(ortal
09-15-2003, 10:33 PM
i think i might be intrested... gotta sell my truck and my sytem.... 1989 chevy s10, blocks, coils, mrv-1507 amp,3 10s... and the truck sits like 2-3 inchs of the groun.. maybe trade?? and of course plus cash

-danny

)v(ortal
09-15-2003, 10:34 PM
pm me man

-danny

mx73someday
09-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Sorry, I can't take trades right now, I've got too many cars.

)v(ortal
09-16-2003, 04:34 PM
hey, wats the lowest ull go on the car?? and can i get some more pics email me [email protected]

-danny

dogstar
09-17-2003, 03:26 AM
one thing that needs to be mentioned for any one considering this car, but afraid of getting parts...

everything that toyota still makes for this car, is avaliable from your toyota dealership.
either go in and get the book, and find what part you need, or go in with a part number.

the part should show up within 2 days for most stuff, and about 4-5 days for the exotic stuff, like main bearings, or a crankshaft.

mx73someday
09-24-2003, 03:06 PM
*bump*

Some more pics (http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100001/pics.htm)

Heep
10-06-2003, 05:05 PM
As long as the car remains Canadian registered and insured (current), it would be legal to drive in the US, correct? If I were to get the car, I would need to take it to Florida with me for 8 months next year for my final year of school. I'm going to verify US provisions for students, but I'm pretty sure they're the same as interprovincial provisions that allow current students to keep their car registered in their home province for the term of their schooling. If it's the same with the US (which I'm almost positive it is...my sister is currently a student in Florida with New Brunswick plates), then there would be no problem...I just wouldn't want to end up being stuck at the border...

supaj87GTS
10-06-2003, 05:29 PM
I saw it Coming down Deerfoot On Saturday Damn Nice Freakin Car ....My Mouth Was Wide Open!!:D

Im very interested I will See what money I can get together.

dogstar
10-06-2003, 05:46 PM
heep, your gonna be stuck at the border for a while, cause of the whole RHD thing, but as long as you have all your papers with you, it should be no major hassle.

Redlyne_mr2
10-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Heep
As long as the car remains Canadian registered and insured (current), it would be legal to drive in the US, correct? If I were to get the car, I would need to take it to Florida with me for 8 months next year for my final year of school. I'm going to verify US provisions for students, but I'm pretty sure they're the same as interprovincial provisions that allow current students to keep their car registered in their home province for the term of their schooling. If it's the same with the US (which I'm almost positive it is...my sister is currently a student in Florida with New Brunswick plates), then there would be no problem...I just wouldn't want to end up being stuck at the border...
You better buy this car Mark..haha

Heep
10-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

You better buy this car Mark..haha

Dad's the only one that needs convincing now...since...well...he pays my insurance and therefore basically controls whether I drive or not :( :(

Damn insurance.

stealth
10-08-2003, 12:17 AM
bump for a clean ride i seen it in person.

btw mx73someday remember me i was the 16 year old with the teg at the cruise 2 weeks ago.

fcuk_it
10-08-2003, 02:09 AM
damn i want!! but too bad i just got a new car too.. damnit saw this too late
bump for a pimp ass ride

redbaron303
10-22-2003, 09:42 AM
The car has been sold. If you're interested in one like it check out www.importconcern.ca as more can be made available.

illeagle
10-26-2003, 12:01 PM
I thought I saw another car like that here in calgary. 21st century auto sales. I saw the add in those free "auto trader's"

dam_guy
10-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
I thought I saw another car like that here in calgary. 21st century auto sales. I saw the add in those free "auto trader's"

i'm pretty sure it's the same soarer, because it has the same mileage. anyways, why isn't this thread closed already, its been sold.