PDA

View Full Version : Issue after jailbreak

Kaos
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
So I was jailbreaking my cousin's 2.0.2 3G and came across a slight problem.
Actually a major problem.
After I jailbroke it, the pineapple would come on and then a black screen. It repeats itself all the time. Even after a hard reset, it's fucked.

Has anyone come across this and is there a solution????
I really don't want to buy him a new one.
Please help. :drama:

Grogador
09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
you did him a favor, really...

sxtothe240
09-10-2008, 10:47 PM
did you try resetting it with itunes? search it up?
never had this problem myself.

Kavy
09-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Grogador

Thanks for being a productive member as usual.

Kaos what method did you use? did you click activate? remember rogers and fido phones you never click activate. Give more info please

Zero102
09-11-2008, 10:24 AM
After jailbreaking mine it locked up on the first reboot, I powered it off and restarted it and then the phone was fine. Some minor issues are normal and I doubt you've bricked his phone, don't worry.

First I would try using itunes to recover the phone, as an alternative you should be able to repeat the jailbreaking process.

If this fails, try using a different firmware or jailbreaking tool. Which tool / method did you use?

Makaveli_187
09-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Restore it with apple itunes. Might take a few tries, but it'll be fine. You likely won't have to replace the phone. Then like the guy above said, once its restored to its regular settings, jail break it again.

CivicDXR
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Grogador

do us a favor then... instead of post-whoring to get your post count up, just STFU if you have nothing useful to contribute...

to the OP, shouldn't be a big deal, everything if fairly reversible... I would put the phone in restore mode (just google it, you'll find instructions), then restore using the normal iPhone firmware, then try and jailbreak it again...