PDA

View Full Version : CellPhone: A shot in the dark but...

MikeAg
09-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I have a Motorola Rokr E6 I got as a present from my g/f but its only triband... If anyone knows how to unlock it to quad-band or, very unlikely, if anyone has a sim-card that is from a company non fido or rogers so I can unlock this phone.

I tried using radio comm to script the radio to quad-band but it caused way more problems, I now can pick up faxes and emails and still not quad-band so I scripted it back to normal.

Thanks in advance,

shakalaka
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Well as far as I know a tri-band phone cannot be made into quad-bad. Unless, I don't know you change the inner parts or something. However you can unlock it so that it works with all GSM providers that work on tri-band frequency. That's about it.

MikeAg
09-10-2008, 10:32 PM
The site was selling:
Motorola E6 tri-band
Motorola E6 unlocked quad-band

So I assumed there was a way. I would return but it was our fault for not knowing the difference between tri-band and quad-band, I guess its understandable.

shakalaka
09-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Yea that phone was made in both bands but I still don't think that you can convert one into the other, as you are able to unlock a phone. But on a side note, even if you have an unlocked tri-band, it should work mostly everywhere. I have used tri-band phones in Canada, US and UK without any problems.

bulaian
09-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Link to the hack (http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/e6-applications/8039-motorola-e6-quad-band-modding-guide-step-step.html)

shakalaka
09-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
Link to the hack (http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/e6-applications/8039-motorola-e6-quad-band-modding-guide-step-step.html)

Hmm so maybe there is a way then, I guess. I just haven't heard of it. Give it a shot see if it works.

bulaian
09-10-2008, 10:46 PM
BTW i haven't tried it myself

2 second google search :D

toyboy88
09-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, you won't really see much of a difference, especially if you unlock it using it outside NA. Since most bigger countries outside NA use only 2 or 3 bands anyways.

MikeAg
09-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah I tried that way, I guess I'll try again. Thanks though.