PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Psychology?

riced
09-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm doing my BA in it right now and I want to look for a place to work PT that relates to the field to help me in my application for my Masters.

Does anyone know or are currently in an employment setting that can help me out? Any ideas where to look or apply? What are my chances of getting hired while still working on my BA?

lint
09-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Don't psych majors work at McDs, A&W, Burger King... ?

boxer23
09-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by lint
Don't psych majors work at McDs, A&W, Burger King... ?

your thinking of philosophy and history majors...and even they have standards against working at mcD's:rofl:

cressida_pimpin
09-12-2008, 12:22 PM
what field do you plan on going into?

Since you went the BA route and not the B.Sc route, I'm guessing you are interested on the counselling side. What are your interests? Find a not-for-profit agency that deals with your interests.

Skyline_Addict
09-12-2008, 01:05 PM
i know the school boards, both public and catholic school boards employ a bunch of psychologists.

malcolmk14
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Try crisis help lines. A friend of mine in psych did this and enjoyed it.

riced
09-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin
what field do you plan on going into?

Since you went the BA route and not the B.Sc route, I'm guessing you are interested on the counselling side. What are your interests? Find a not-for-profit agency that deals with your interests.

This is correct. I'm going to be applying for the Theory Stream and going into counseling.
Any ideas on what companies around Calgary do this?

dropdat
09-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by boxer23

your thinking of philosophy and history majors...and even they have standards against working at mcD's:rofl:

Don't forget English majors.

badatusrnames
09-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by dropdat

Don't forget English majors.

I though that was Starbucks.