PDA

View Full Version : EnCana IT Jobs

bbrannan
09-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Metafore IT solutions is having a job fair next wednesday to hire Desktop/Service Desk/Application Stewards contracting to EnCana Oil and Gas? let me know for a reference.

$40K-$55k a year for Desktop/Service Desk and more for anything after that.... 1st and 3rd fridays off paid

http://www.workopolis.com/EN/job/10337592

snoop101
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Ya from what I got out of it is there also hiring around 200+ contractors. I guess they took the company and split it into two.

kutt3r
09-12-2008, 12:18 PM
LOL
Pimping out here B?

Must be getting desperate over there...

:D

bbrannan
09-16-2008, 04:12 PM
company split happens in new year. hiring almost double the current staff to accomidate the 2 new companies.

a reference = a guranteed job (as long as you know your stuff)((meaning know where a network cable plugs in, maybe what a video card is and ram))(((any G&G (geographical/geophysical) application experience would be a sure foot in the door as well.

403Gemini
09-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I build computers and nerd out as a hobby. Im not certified (like A+ certification) - what is the general duties of this job? Basically trouble shooting for the completely computer illiterate? lol

bbrannan
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by kutt3r
LOL
Pimping out here B?

Must be getting desperate over there...

:D

no man just need people. not because people are leaving but because we are growing faster than we can staff for. that and most the senoir people have moved into fulltime application steward jobs or scripting roles. like me..haha

snoop101
09-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Its probably a good time to get in if you haven't worked in the IT field and your just starting out.

Chester
09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey bbrannan I pm'd you but got no response. Anyway, I have an interview next wednesday, would you be able to give me a reference?

TIA

beyondpinoy
09-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by bbrannan
company split happens in new year. hiring almost double the current staff to accomidate the 2 new companies.

a reference = a guranteed job (as long as you know your stuff)((meaning know where a network cable plugs in, maybe what a video card is and ram))(((any G&G (geographical/geophysical) application experience would be a sure foot in the door as well.

hopefully that's true, because i have two references already that works for metafore on the EnCana account. looks like a good job opportunity!!! and i'll probably be there wednesday.

topmade
09-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I build computers and nerd out as a hobby. Im not certified (like A+ certification) - what is the general duties of this job? Basically trouble shooting for the completely computer illiterate? lol
Even though they don't say anything, they WILL give preferrence to the ones with real working experience and a technical degree or diploma. But hey, what is an hour or so of your time? cause you never know, they are hiring a ton of people.

403Gemini
09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by topmade

Even though they don't say anything, they WILL give preferrence to the ones with real working experience and a technical degree or diploma. But hey, what is an hour or so of your time? cause you never know, they are hiring a ton of people.

As I would expect they would (and should!).

I'll try and stop by tommorow and check it out! :D

Xtrema
09-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Nice.

This splitting has artificially inflated the IT salary for this town. Encana is paying ANYTHING to staff these positions.

rmk
09-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I read on our internal site today that there are 1,800 applications that will need to be cloned. Also, looking at our map of Encana office locations, we now have E2, E3 and EnCana South :eek:

Have fun :thumbsup:

adam c
09-16-2008, 08:42 PM
are they offering an PT positions?
evenings/weekends?

eblend
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
If someone is looking for a more upper level (technically wise) position, ERCB is also hireing. ERCB is a gov organization monitoring all these oil companies, so guaranteed job security + decent pay. PM me if interested, I will tell you what to tell them for reference person.

flipstah
09-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by adam c
are they offering an PT positions?
evenings/weekends?

bbrannan
09-16-2008, 10:36 PM
just to clear up some questions after the 30 or so pm's i just replied to.

shifts will be all sorts of options. most will be fulltime core hours between 7 and 5:30pm

i have confirmed a few after hours positions: work monday, friday 11.5 hrs then sat and sunday 8.75. but the fridays that are worked will include the ones everyone else gets off.

should be positions including but not limited to tier1/2 helpdesk, a helpdesk/desktop rotation (most oil companies are going this as it's a method used in the ITIL world), after hours support, possible app support, it documention and process.

tomorrows event is for encana placement ONLY. if you cannot make it you can still submit a resume but most likely you would be considered for placement at another one of metafore's sites.

interviews will be on the spot, and rumor is that offers will be given by the time you leave with 24 hrs to accept. as long as you impress.

encana and metafore are all about team work..if you are a super nerd and don't like to hang out with your co-workers, have fun, talk (lol) or stick to yourself, you probably won't make the fit

once you are in as a contractor to encana through metafore and prove yourself, the door opens right up for all kinds of oppurtunites. over time of course.

if you are gonna use me as a reference (brandon) i ask that you don't lie on your resume or your past experience. I will find out and make you look so stupid that you will wanna leave. haha...serioulsy

other than that good luck and pm me for any other questions

Swank
09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Sounds like we've got a truckload of new hires to set up pretty soon then, it never ends :banghead:

Palmiros
09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Just got back from downtown. I attended the 3:00 seminar and would have loved the job; didn't get it though, due to lack of experience. (never did it as a job, always did it as a hobby) I appreciate the reference bbrannan.