PDA

View Full Version : The 5 Month Challenge: Who's With Me? ***COMPLETED: UPDATES INSIDE***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

A790
09-11-2008, 11:28 PM
In February I'm going to Mexico with my girlfriend. She looks great in a bikini, with a great body and all of the right assets. I, in a swimsuit, look like a wooly mammoth. The hair thing isn't a big deal- I can get that lasered off (and I am planning on it), but the weight, well.... that's a bit of a problem.

Last February I got a personal trainer and from the months of March until May I lost around 12 lbs, though I continued to eat like garbage. My strength improved, I started to get definition, and generally, I was losing weight (people started commenting on it... awesome).

Unfortunately, that all ended when I moved back to Calgary at the end of June.

So, it's time to step it up. I'm going to take before/midway/after pictures of my progress and post my diet on here (as well as on a website that I haven't made yet). I know there are a lot of people on beyond that know their stuff when it comes to weight loss and training, so I'm hoping that some of the more experienced people can lend some tips.

I know the theory behind training and diet, what I don't have is the motivation to continue. I work out for a month, feel great, and then it tapers off. Since I work from home in front of a computer that also limits my physical exertion, though I can pull off half an hour sexathalons (though lately it really takes a bit out of me).

Who's with me in this? Who's serious about training and losing weight? I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Seriously, WHATEVER it takes to make this happen. If you've even had a passing thought about going to the gym, now's the time to do it. My goal is to lose 25lbs in 5 months- what's yours?

Any advice, ideas, tips for staying motivated, and healthy (and lean) recipes are welcome. :)

Updates:

I officially started my 5 month challenge on October 1. Before/current (as of Dec 23) pics can be found here: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2744410#post2744410

Final update (February 24) here: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2831134#post2831134... SUCCESS!!

max_boost
09-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Dude, you don't need 5 months. You can get it in 3 months no BS if you are committed.

You don't need a personal trainer either, you need the WILL to succeed. If you will take your training as serious as your successful online businesses, you'll be fine.

I tell you what, I'm at the Talisman Centre Mon-Thurs night 9:30-11:00pm and Sat/Sun 11:00am-1:00pm. So if you need someone to lift with, chat with, let me know.

I've been doing it for a good 6 weeks now. I was 5"5, 150lbs, lost about 7llbs, gained some strength but still got a long way to go.

The diet is crucial to your success.

This is what I know so feel free to correct me boys. Whatever your target weight is, you try to eat that much in protein. For me I try to get in min.125 grams of protein a day. Split it over 5-6 meals so basically every few hours.

Meal 1: High fiber cereal
Meal 2: Shake
Meal 3: Subway Wrap
Meal 4: A fruit
Meal 5: Lean dinner, small steak, baked potato & veg.
Meal 6: Shake or protein bar

This is my routine. Two upper/lower body sessions a week. 4-5 sessions of low intensity cardio up to an hour each week.

WWJAI
09-11-2008, 11:52 PM
My goal is to lose 15-20lbs in 4 months. I as well can not consistently go to the gym but have been recently. I'm not large though and I look alright but I am motivated to finally lose this excess weight after years of procrastinating.

I would like tips to stay motivated as well, cause everytime I see results I stop hitting the gym.

Good luck.

max_boost
09-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Sunday is rest and cheat day.

Nike's slogan, "Just do it"

That's all there is to it.

I think my goals are pretty simple, just to get leaner and stronger. I want to be cardiovascular fit with strength. I've done pretty well so far, it's a routine that I want to maintain and keep up forever, if possible haha

I got a gym membership to Talisman, $699/year. So I'm forced to use it!

ercchry
09-11-2008, 11:53 PM
do you want a golds membership for $34 a month? i have one and have yet to go, we have a gym in the building so no point of leaving here and driving 20min to the gym

a few tips:

eat slow=more full feeling from less food
eat often, 6 small meals is better then 3 large ones
dont eat heavy carbs in the evening/night

A790
09-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Dude, you don't need 5 months. You can get it in 3 months no BS if you are committed.

You don't need a personal trainer either, you need the WILL to succeed. If you will take your training as serious as your successful online businesses, you'll be fine.

I tell you what, I'm at the Talisman Centre Mon-Thurs night 9:30-11:00pm and Sat/Sun 11:00am-1:00pm. So if you need someone to lift with, chat with, let me know.

I've been doing it for a good 6 weeks now. I was 5"5, 150lbs, lost about 7llbs, gained some strength but still got a long way to go.

The diet is crucial to your success.

This is what I know so feel free to correct me boys. Whatever your target weight is, you try to eat that much in protein. For me I try to get in min.125 grams of protein a day. Split it over 5-6 meals so basically every few hours.

Meal 1: High fiber cereal
Meal 2: Shake
Meal 3: Subway Wrap
Meal 4: A fruit
Meal 5: Lean dinner, small steak, baked potato & veg.
Meal 6: Shake or protein bar

This is my routine. Two upper/lower body sessions a week. 4-5 sessions of low intensity cardio up to an hour each week.

Dude, believe me, I'm stoked about making this happen. I used to be cut a few years back, but working 12 hour days in front of my computer and eating delivery have really taken their toll on my body. I'm 6'2 and about 230lbs right now I think... last February I was 242. I want to be 205 and pretty cut. That's the goal. I think about it every damn day and I'm at the point where I'm dead serious about making it happen.

I'm actually not hiring a trainer this time because one thing I noticed when I had one is that I felt really motivated when I trained, but I always felt that it was an excuse to slack off otherwise. It was always "oh, well Mike will push me a bit harder at the gym". I feel that I need to be behind this 100% without using a trainer as a crutch.

The only really challenge I see is the cardio- I HATE cardio.

Oh, and congrats on your success :) I will definitely hit you up and take you up on your offer.

KRyn
09-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Dude I cut this summer dropping nearly 20lbs in two months. I ate the exact same thing for two months, switched all my training routines to super sets, increased cardio, and hit an ECA stack. If you are serious about cutting some weight it will be very easy to do. You need to get a meal plan and follow it to the "T" and step up the training regime. Maybe even consider taking some supplements.

Now that it is winter however it's time to bulk and I hope to gain 30-45 lbs in eight months or so.

A790
09-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
Dude I cut this summer dropping nearly 20lbs in two months. I ate the exact same thing for two months, switched all my training routines to super sets, increased cardio, and hit an ECA stack. If you are serious about cutting some weight it will be very easy to do. You need to get a meal plan and follow it to the "T" and step up the training regime. Maybe even consider taking some supplements.

Now that it is winter however it's time to bulk and I hope to gain 30-45 lbs in eight months or so.
What's an ECA stack, and what are super sets?

Also, does anyone know of a good online resource to use for planning meals?

KRyn
09-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Honestly dude figuring out a meal plan is A LOT of work. You need to calculate your daily calorie needs and then from there subtract a set amount so you can lose so much weight in "x" amount of days. Then you need to know the caloritic value of an ass load of foods and there macro nutrient break down to figure out how much protein/fat/carbs you need so you know what food and how much of it to eat…

Ephedrine Caffeine and Asprin, but in all honesty you are better getting a product like Hydro Lean or any similar US product.

A superset consists of performing different exercises for two or more body parts. Set one is performed directly followed by a set of the second exercise. There is minimal rest in between the exercises but rest in between sets can be from 1-2 minutes. For example, barbell curls followed by triceps extensions.

t_soarer
09-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Do circuit training....meaning get your feet on the elliptical machine and do the following:

1. Warm up 5 minutes on Level 7
2. Increase to level 20 and work as hard as you can for 30 seconds
3. Bring it down to level 7 again and rest for 1 minute
4. Go up to level 21 and 30 seconds of hardcore action again
5. Go back down to 7, etc.
6. Repeat this procedure until 15 minutes, then 5 minute cool down. You've burned at least 280 cals in 20 minutes (if you worked hard that is).

I now average around 315 cals/ 20 minutes

Then go do abs, bridges - 4 different exercises of your choice, 4 sets with 30 seconds rest in between sets

Finish with 10 minutes of biking if you want, but doing this 6 days a week....you won't need anywhere near 3 months to lose 20+ lbs.

Oh yeah and eating plan definitely helps. Cheating day once a month if you can do it.

Good luck!

max_boost
09-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Not many people can do the high intensity cardio. Hell I know I can't handle it. But I watch TV while doing my hour of low intensity haha

Of everything I've read, ECA will shred you but the whole idea of take all those pills is just crazy to me. I rather do it the natural way, but that's just me.

You really have to customize a program to suit you individually.

bigbadboss101
09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Sounds good. Best wishes to all. I too need to get in shape, firm up, lose fat, and get stranger etc. Eating is definitely a huge part.

Anyone go to Crowfoot Y?

The_Rural_Juror
09-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by A790
She looks great in a bikini, with a great body and all of the right assets.

Prove it?

Danish
09-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Have you considered taking a martial arts class such as kick boxing? It's a great way to get a lot of cardio in, and far more fun than just running around a track. Also with an instructor you should get a lot of motivation.

reiRei
09-12-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm getting tired of being chunky myself, so for the past 3 months I've been hitting the gym.

Even if you don't see results right away, the reassurance that every single day is a step closer works for me. As a girl, weight loss and building muscle is twice as hard as you guys.

I have found, however, that if I log my Eating Habits, exercise, sleep and body I can see the progression on Paper. I just recently bought a health log from chapters in chinook ... and it's a great notebook I fill out every night to see how I've been doing in terms of my body.

ultimately, I just want to get healthier.. but if I look better on the way... that's even better

88CRX
09-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I've dropped 20 lbs in the last 3 months or so and I haven't really done anything special.

- no pop, no alcohol, no double-double coffees
- no junk food, fast food and very little eating out
- eat a big breakfast (egg whites, oatmeal, etc)
- lots of fruit for snacks (morning and afternoon)
- lots of water
- smaller portioned meals
- really try to get a decent amount of sleep most nights

- usually do 30-40 minutes of cardio 4-5 nights a week. Treadmill in front of the tv is really easy, half an hour goes by in no time.
- play ice hockey 1-2 times a week.

And that's it.... just gotta watch what you eat. I haven't been counting calories or anything, just trying to eat better.

403ep3
09-12-2008, 10:36 AM
I am in the kind of the same boat as you. About a half a year ago I was around 150lbs of actual muscle. I first started out about almost 2 years ago at around 130lbs. I worked my ass off 5-6 days a week, ate lots of protein, drank supplements, and eventually started growing more muscle and increasing my mass. I used to be able to bench 185lbs when I was around 145-150.

When summer hit, I got lazy as hell and dropped back down to 140lbs. This weight doesn't consist of very much muscle. I think I am getting a stomach slowly. I don't want to be fat so I went to the gym this week. I plan on starting up my routine once again because I wanna make 160lbs by year end. Luckily, with school forcing me to be here, I don't have an excuse to miss out on the gym.

My routine consisted of 5 day a week workouts:
(in order)
1. Full out chest workout - 1 1/2 - 2 hr workout
Start out with heavy weights then as I am getting tired, lower the weights and do as many reps as possible.
2. Back/Shoulders - 1 - 1 1/2 hr workout
Start at shoulders then back, shoulders then back...
3. Legs - 1 - 1/2 hr workout
This is one of the most exhausting workouts I do. Since it uses your whole body, you are normally done after this workout.
4. Arms/Tris - 1 1/2 - 2 hr workout
This is my favourite workout as it shows of how my body type is. Start out with heavy weights then lower weights with high reps. I use skeleton bar.
5. Cardio/Abs - 1 1/2 - 2 hr workout
Take a run for a 30 mins to an hour. Then you can do abs. There are lot's of different exercises from being on the mat to being on the machines.

Make sure to drink lots and lots of water!!!
I guess my workout plan is not really for losing weight but the cardio/abs will help you lose weight while the other workouts will get you full and toned eventually.

Does anyone workout at MRC? I've got useless guy friends that won't workout with me and I definately need a spot so I can lift heavier weights.

civic_rida
09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
sam Talisman Centre eh
What a baller.

A790
09-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I am in the kind of the same boat as you. About a half a year ago I was around 150lbs of actual muscle. I first started out about almost 2 years ago at around 130lbs. I worked my ass off 5-6 days a week, ate lots of protein, drank supplements, and eventually started growing more muscle and increasing my mass. I used to be able to bench 185lbs when I was around 145-150.

When summer hit, I got lazy as hell and dropped back down to 140lbs. This weight doesn't consist of very much muscle. I think I am getting a stomach slowly. I don't want to be fat so I went to the gym this week. I plan on starting up my routine once again because I wanna make 160lbs by year end. Luckily, with school forcing me to be here, I don't have an excuse to miss out on the gym.

(in order)
Start out with heavy weights then as I am getting tired, lower the weights and do as many reps as possible.
This is one of the most exhausting workouts I do. Since it uses your whole body, you are normally done after this workout.
This is my favourite workout as it shows of how my body type is. Start out with heavy weights then lower weights with high reps. I use skeleton bar.
Take a run for a 30 mins to an hour. Then you can do abs. There are lot's of different exercises from being on the mat to being on the machines.

I guess my workout plan is not really for losing weight but the cardio/abs will help you lose weight while the other workouts will get you full and toned eventually.

Does anyone workout at MRC? I've got useless guy friends that won't workout with me and I definately need a spot so I can lift heavier weights.
When I get back from ON on Wednesday me and a buddy will be there. It's a great gym.

Kloubek
09-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Pics of the said girlfriend? ;)

max_boost
09-12-2008, 11:27 AM

(in order)

You sure it's a good idea to spend over an hour and up to 2 hours for your workouts? I try to get things done in under an hour.

http://www.building-muscle101.com/weight-lifting-routines.html

How much time should you spend weight lifting? This will depend on your goals and weight lifting routine. Beginners should spend anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes in the gym. Intermediate and advanced weight trainers should spend anywhere from 30 minutes to 60 minutes training.

A790
09-12-2008, 11:27 AM
ahahaha noo.... I've seen what beyond does to women :)

civic_rida
09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Yea totally overtraining.

max_boost
09-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by civic_rida
sam Talisman Centre eh
What a baller.

Close to home man and open till 11pm on weekdays! Plus we have a weekly Beyond Badminton meet. :hitit:

403ep3
09-12-2008, 11:44 AM

You sure it's a good idea to spend over an hour and up to 2 hours for your workouts? I try to get things done in under an hour.

http://www.building-muscle101.com/weight-lifting-routines.html

Yeah it's fine for me. When you are first starting to work out you have to keep the time pretty low. As you get more into a routine, your strength and endurance go up. I started at 45mins then slowly had longer sessions. First part of my workouts consist of gaining strength. The ending part consists of me trying to tone. I basically go till I can't no more. I think I drink like 3-5L of water every workout.

Oh! Maybe 30 an hour of my workouts are spent chatting and watching girls workout haha. MRC is good for that type of stuff. :clap:

bubbley
09-12-2008, 11:50 AM
All you have to do is run on the treadmill for 3 hours a day at speed 9 and your all set and an incline of 15.

BenC
09-12-2008, 12:07 PM
lol ^^
treadmill for half an hour - 45 max. try to burn around 350 cals.
then hit the weights, you burn alot with weight training

this is my plan
day 1 cardio, back biceps
day 2 cardio
day 3 rest
day 4 cardio, chest, tri's, shoulders, traps
day 5 cardio, legs
day 6 rest
day 7 rest

and just a high protein low carb diet

beyondpinoy
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BenC

this is my plan
day 1 cardio, back biceps
day 2 cardio
day 3 rest
day 4 cardio, chest, tri's, shoulders, traps
day 5 cardio, legs
day 6 rest
day 7 rest

and just a high protein low carb diet

i do the same thing almost.. altho i do cardio 5 days a week, and its high intensity cardio..

i find that doing interval running is the most effective...

run low intensity 2 mins
run high intensity 2 mins
run low intensity 2 mins
run high intensity 2 mins... and so on for 30-40 mins..

this workout seems very effective for me in terms of feeling more healthy and looking more toned and fit....

rawsensation
09-12-2008, 12:48 PM

(in order)

Count me in as well, i'm trying to the exact same thing as you although this i've never been really dedicated hopefully it will change this year thou :thumbsup:

Dumbass17
09-12-2008, 01:53 PM
i need to lose the beer belly for houseboating next summer so i've been at the gym for about 3 months, it feels like slow progress but it's noticable so i'm happy :)

i rarely drink pop (maybe 4 510ml bottles a month)
and my diet is pretty good
usually cereal or eggs for breakfast
lunch is 80% of the time chicken breast with rice/vegs
or a salmon or tuna wrap
but daaaaamn i drank too much alcohol this summer. so winter i'm not drinking ANYTHING.
nothing til january is my goal.
oh and i drink lots of water!

anyways, i try to go 3x per week (my work gym is closed sat/sun) (chest one day, biceps/triceps one day, shoulders one day, chest/biceps another)

at the gym i usually do 3 sets of 8 reps for each exercise followed by a set of as many reps as i can do. and between sets i do about 20 situps and then start the next set

after that, i go on the ellipitcal.
2 minutes level 12
1 minute level 4
repeat for 30 mins

this seems to be ok but i might need to try a higher level with lower rest time..really push myself.

i tried doing cardio before workign muscles, but i just find myself tired and that ti do a halfass workout..so it's always muscles first, then cardio now

i don't want to get big, i just want definition and flatter chest, non-skinny-white-boy arms

i don't really know what the point of my post is haha, but if anyone has any comments or whatever, feel free

but fuck..somedays like today (i'm off work) and have haven't worked out for over 2 weeks cuz i've been sick and the gf was in town visiting..and here i am...wanting to go work out, but completley unmotivated..FUCK lol - i hate days like this
i need to go right after work or else i won't go haha

A790
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
There's definitely a lot of good advice/comments in this thread. I get back from Ontario on Wednesday and then it's on. Before pics have already been taken... *sigh*.

JordanEG6
09-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by t_soarer
Do circuit training....meaning get your feet on the elliptical machine and do the following:

1. Warm up 5 minutes on Level 7
2. Increase to level 20 and work as hard as you can for 30 seconds
3. Bring it down to level 7 again and rest for 1 minute
4. Go up to level 21 and 30 seconds of hardcore action again
5. Go back down to 7, etc.
6. Repeat this procedure until 15 minutes, then 5 minute cool down. You've burned at least 280 cals in 20 minutes (if you worked hard that is).

I now average around 315 cals/ 20 minutes

I've burned about 450-500 low intensity for about 45 minutes at 130 avg. heart rate when I do the eliptical.

Would that have the same effect?

beyondpinoy
09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

I've burned about 450-500 low intensity for about 45 minutes at 130 avg. heart rate when I do the eliptical.

should be, because burned energy is burned energy... so yeah it would do the same thing...

max_boost
09-15-2008, 11:38 AM

Yes and no.

Yes because you are burning calories and any activitiy is good. But you are doing so at low intensity. 130 should be around 65-70% of your heart rate.

t_soarer's is doing all out bursts of 30 seconds and then going back to normal. High intensity cardio which is why his sessions only last 20 mins (recommended 20-30mins and 3 sessions a week max). He'll burn calories at a higher pace. It's something called the "after burn" where his heart rate will continue to remain high after the workout and throughout the day, increases his metabolism and burns more calories.

But I can't handle high intensity so I do what you do, 45mins-1 hour of low intensity cardio while catching up on my sports and news. Low intensity cardio I do up to 5-6 sessions a week.

JordanEG6
09-15-2008, 11:47 AM

Yes and no.

Yes because you are burning calories and any activitiy is good. But you are doing so at low intensity. 130 should be around 65-70% of your heart rate.

t_soarer's is doing all out bursts of 30 seconds and then going back to normal. High intensity cardio which is why his sessions only last 20 mins (recommended 20-30mins and 3 sessions a week max). He'll burn calories at a higher pace. It's something called the "after burn" where his heart rate will continue to remain high after the workout and throughout the day, increases his metabolism and burns more calories.

But I can't handle high intensity so I do what you do, 45mins-1 hour of low intensity cardio while catching up on my sports and news. Low intensity cardio I do up to 5-6 sessions a week.

Gotcha...now, on an ECA stack doing low intensity will keep the heart rate/metabolism up through out the day will it not?!

Dumbass17
09-15-2008, 12:16 PM
ok
on friday i did ellipitical for 30 mins of high intensity as recommended on this thread
i did level 15 for 2 minutes, followed by level 7 for one minute, back to 15 for 2 mins etc til completion
i burnt 358 calories according to the machine

what i was doing before was
i would do level 12 for 2 mins
followed by level 4 for 1 minute, back to 12 for 2 mins etc til completion
at this rate, i was averaging around 330 calories burnt

i found the second was alot easier to do, with comparable results

just thought i'd share

max_boost
09-15-2008, 12:24 PM

Gotcha...now, on an ECA stack doing low intensity will keep the heart rate/metabolism up through out the day will it not?! Crazy. ECA will jack you up for sure. Get a heart rate monitor and keep an eye on your heart rate when you are doing cardio. High intensity is usually between 85-90% of your heart rate. Don't go pass that sir! :eek:

civic_rida
09-15-2008, 01:00 PM
make sure your diet is spot on also.

~Leah~
09-15-2008, 01:28 PM
K, so I feel really out of shape. I've been to the gym only a handful of times since having my baby almost a year ago to the day. With a newborn, there are a number of excuses with the most recent becoming a single momma, there just wasn't time. Now I've started work again... the daycare AND the gym are both at my work and I have no excuse with the exception of not sleeping well cuz my little man isn't sleeping well. But I'm gonna get back into it now.

This week I'm starting with a detox cleanse where it is advised not to work out, so I'll have to start with that. I have a copy of the cleanse I'm doing if anyone wants to do it with me. It's 4 days and it's a detox type cleanse. No pills involved, just food. PM me your email if you want it and we can suffer together.

max_boost
09-15-2008, 01:43 PM
make sure your diet is spot on also.

Yo, how did the "get ripped" in 6 days thing go? Did your body react all weird to it? haha

I weighed in at 141lbs yesterday so that's 9lbs off in the past 7 weeks. The cardio is there, the lifting weights is still, been eating pretty good but still have to do even better if I want to get rid of this little gut! (at least it's not noticeable like before) haha

civic_rida
09-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I have yet to do it, im currently fighting a cold.
Ill end up doing it just before i go to vegas next month.

r3cc0s
09-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Eat:

Breakfast:
Yogurt, Granola, raw nuts and Fresh Fruit (gotta love Crossroads Farmers Market)

Cottage Cheese

Snack: Granola Bar, Cliff bar
Something with complex carbs and nutrients

Lunch: Anything but in moderation...
i.e. Pho Da Bau Sate; Small Donair; but something rather calorie dense

Snack: Again something to fill the void without simple sugars and preservatives

Dinner: An 8-10oz portion of lean meat, with a good salad and perhaps starches dependent on my workout

Drink?

Black Coffee, Straight Tea's and Water

Workout?

Well, like most I do my mix of Aerobic and Anerobic on different days...

Day 1: Chest/Shoulders
Day 2: Run 4-6K
Day 3: Back Legs
Day 4: Cycling at Moose Mountain
Day 5: Soccer
Day 6: Arms
Day 7: Rest

Repeat

This has been so far a decent routine which has increased my lean muscle mass while keeping slow twitch muscles strong along with providing necessary nutrition and stamina for proper "reasons" of being in shape

i.e. instead of thinking about looking good @ the pool or beach

for me it's more about being enabling myself to reach milestones such as running certain distances or being able to ride a trail such as Telephone loop without stopping or backpacking through high altitude areas

I was able to concur some nice big swells in Huntington the other day paddling against some huge rip tides, which some other surfers had to be dragged back in by the lifeguards on seadoos

jutes
09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
If you don't have a solid plan and don't know what you're doing, try P90X. I'm currently on week 3 and already starting to see results. You don't have to follow the diet plan, but you MUST eat properly to see the results you work for.

Darkane
09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

Uh, why?

Shoot for 1.5-2lbs/month TOTAL. You can't really add anymore muscle than that unless you're a total newbie or on AAS.

Just think about it, at only 1.5lbs/month, in 3 years you've added over 50lbs of pure muscle! Even that's pushing it lol.

Just bulk cleanly and you won't have to "cut" as you know it. Right now I'm bulking, really cleanly. 1 cheat meal every two weeks. Usually, it isn't even that bad.

I've put on 7-8 pounds in the last 92 days, I can assure you at least 5-6pounds of it is muscle ;)

4000kcal/day, 400g protein.

BUT, on topic of this thread, good on most of you guys for taking the plunge into healthy lifestyles. Don't stop. It's for life.

A790
09-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by jutes
If you don't have a solid plan and don't know what you're doing, try P90X. I'm currently on week 3 and already starting to see results. You don't have to follow the diet plan, but you MUST eat properly to see the results you work for.
That's the at-home workout thing, right?

civic_rida
09-17-2008, 08:52 AM
7-8 pounds of muscle in 92 days crazy man.
I find it impossible to gain more than 5 pounds a year ever since i got near the 200 pound range

dansmith11
09-17-2008, 09:20 AM

Gotcha...now, on an ECA stack doing low intensity will keep the heart rate/metabolism up through out the day will it not?!

its not only the raised heart rate that keeps you burning calories after doing high intensity interval training. when your in your high intensity zones, your getting into anerobic for a bit, so theres more muscle recovery going on post workout, which is eating up calories as well.

Darkane
09-17-2008, 10:35 AM
I find it impossible to gain more than 5 pounds a year ever since i got near the 200 pound range

It's not to bad at all. I've never really ran a true bulking routine, so most of that was newbie gains. I'm usually cutting or recomping.

How much are you eating?

civic_rida
09-17-2008, 10:40 AM
4 meals and 2 shakes a day.

max_boost
09-17-2008, 11:38 AM
I find it impossible to gain more than 5 pounds a year ever since i got near the 200 pound range Oh what haha yeah you are A LOT bigger now. What did you weigh when I first met you? 130lbs? lol

~Leah~
09-17-2008, 12:24 PM
So do we actually want to do a challenge? Maybe just make it end around the holidays, just in time for us to get fat again?

Cuz I'd be down for that.

civic_rida
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I was 16 when i met you so 140-145 range.

jutes
09-17-2008, 02:11 PM

That's the at-home workout thing, right?

Yup. All you need are some dumbells and a chinup bar and something for situps (mat or something). You lose mad calories during the Plyometrics routine.

A790
09-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
So do we actually want to do a challenge? Maybe just make it end around the holidays, just in time for us to get fat again?

I'm concluding in February (when my vacation is :)).

403ep3
09-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I wanna be 160 by end of school year. Wish me luck!

I'm on a year challenge..well 8 months.

GTS Jeff
09-19-2008, 02:07 AM
I think your problem might be the way you're assigning a timeframe to all this.

It's a cliche, but being healthy is a lifestyle choice. So what if this "5 month bonanza" goes well? After that, things will go down the shitter again. You have to resign yourself to the fact that you'll just always be at the gym for the rest of your life. No 3 week gimmick or 5 year program or whatever.

heavyD
09-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

It's a cliche, but being healthy is a lifestyle choice. So what if this "5 month bonanza" goes well? After that, things will go down the shitter again. You have to resign yourself to the fact that you'll just always be at the gym for the rest of your life. No 3 week gimmick or 5 year program or whatever.

For once Jeff's right. I've been doing it for 12 years straight and it's not easy but neither is going to work every day and I've been doing that forever. The payoff is big though as compared to all the guys I went to high school with I look and feel younger than pretty well all of them by a fair margin.

403ep3
09-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I agree, but I am kinda bad myself. Went hard for almost two years and then stopped for the whole summer. That's what? 4 months? Lost half my strength and I'm starting to get flabby! To the op, even after you're done this 5 month challenge, you should set yourself to a 'till I'm dead challenge.' Doesn't matter if you're going 4+ days a week to the gym, just make yourself go at least twice a week.

Btw: Muscles get you laid :clap:

A790
09-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Yea I know that, but for the specific goal I've set up I want it to be accomplished within 5 months. Time lines motivate me, and while I'm fully aware of the permanent changes that need to occur in my lifestyle, right now I'm completely focused on making things happen before February.

Darkane
09-19-2008, 08:20 PM
4 meals and 2 shakes a day.

Yeah that's what I thought.

Use www.fitday.com and actually see how much you're eating. I bet it varies day to day.

Of course you can't gain anymore weight if you're not consuming enough calories. Eating a lot and 'thinking' you're eating a lot are two totally different things.

I'm on 4000kcals/day for my bulk. That's not even that high for someone my size. I just have a shitty metabolism and gain fat to easy.

Knowing exactly how much you're eating day to day can call for easy adjustments. If you're stuck, Bump carbs 25g, and protein 50g a day. That right there is 300 calories. Monitor weight for 2 weeks and adjust accordingly again. Simple really..

A good quality digital scale is only like 30 bucks. :thumbsup:

reiRei
09-19-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm up for the challenge, but I'm in for a lifetime. I don't want to end up like my parents.. bad shape, bad health.

max_boost
09-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Too much talking you guys! Time for some action.

To help you out with cardio, join the Beyond crew in our once a week Badminton sessions. We'll get you running and sweating in no time haha

Anyway, once you guys get going on this, you'll realize how it doesn't have to be a 6 month or any length of time frame deal. It'll be come a way of life. I don't feel like I've given up a lot. I still go out to eat, have my Friday night Pizza 73, once a week pho, sushi, dim sum etc. and still lost 10lbs in the past 9 weeks. The biggest thing I've noticed is monitoring my portions, I still eat what I want but keep the portions smaller. Eat more often. I also make sure what I eat has the proper amounts of protein, carbs, fat etc.

And Cardio ftmfw. I can't believe how an hour of it nightly while watching TV instead of sitting on the couch makes such a mother freaking huge difference. Lifting weights too, muscle > fat, 1lb of muscle burns what? 40 calories a day?

Anyway in the end, more energy, more happy and just feeling damn good overall. :clap:

max_boost
09-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Another thing, it's awesome when those around you notice the changes. It's like an accomplishment lol

Everyone wants quick results but it takes time so hang in there and don't get discouraged.

cityhunter2501
09-20-2008, 02:54 AM
started doing boxing in last week of august and lost 5lbs so far (was out of town for a week too in the 1st week of September)

running stairs for 20-30 minutes, circuit training really builds you stamina and strength though

when I first started I needed 2 bottles of water throughout a workout but now all I need is 1 bottle plus I can do more stuffs now

A790
09-20-2008, 02:54 PM
So... I've been back for a few days. I've changed my diet dramatically. Eating five smaller meals a day, total caloric intake of around 2,500 calories (give or take). My resting BMR is 2,300 calories (give or take), leaving just 200 calories as a surplus to burn with activity.

I'm going to run this kind of diet until the middle of October. By then, coupled with some cardio, I should have lost 3-4lbs. Then I'm going to switch it up to around 2,800 calories and a more intensive workout routine.

Right now I'm doing about 30-45 minutes of light intensity cardio a day. Next week I'm going to do some circuit training instead of cardio. I'm remaining optimistic so far :)

Edit: I found an online meal planner for $5/wk that kicks ass.

ZMan2k2
09-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I think I'm gonna start in on this as well. I quit smoking a few months back, and the weight has come as a result. I've gained 20lbs in 4 months, and I need to lose it. I'm thinking of starting with a meal plan and some running. I'm not looking to be ripped or huge, but at least, at this point, lose the gut. If I can do this, I'll be happier for now.

nos_efx
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Anyone have any opinions on egg yolk consumption or reputable resources on it? I know the egg yolks contain many vitamins and nutrients that the egg white so I've been eating the yolks up as well.

If I were to count, I'm probably consuming 4 eggs a day, so roughly 24 a week minus a day where I eat something else.

I'm due for a blood check in October so I'm anxious to see what my cholesterol level is at.

reiRei
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I eat a Hardboiled egg for breakfast when I do my weights. I read that with the protien content in them that it'll help restore the muscles better... so I have an egg twice a week

Dumbass17
09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
do you guys get sore after every workout?

i dont' ever get sore, i can feel my muscles are tighter (biceps/pecs etc)
but i don't get sore
dumb question, but should i be getting sore to indicate i had a goodwork out or what?

today i did
4 sets of dumbbell bench presses (reps of 12 w/ 3 minute rests between sets)
4 sets of dumbbell bench flyes (reps of 12 w/ 3 minute rest)
4 sets of dips (3 reps of as many as i could go, ~8)
4 sets of pec deck flyes (12 reps w/ 3 min rest)
then did ellipictal for 30mins

the whole workout was around 1hr45 minutes

as i type this, my muscles aren't sore at all, just barely 'tight'
i feel like maybe i didn't push enough, even tho i was tired after each set

your thoughts?
thanks in advance

A790
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I get sore after the first couple of workouts after a few weeks. You don't HAVE to be sore to have a good workout. From what I understand, if you are sore it's because you overtrained the muscles.

~Leah~
09-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Ugh, yesterday's workout was from hell but I'm not working out the rest of the week with the exception of my first basketball game tomorrow nite. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to do 25 mins on the eliptical followed by 15 mins of HIIT training on the treadmill on an 8% incline.... then do an intense leg workout without rest consisting of walking lunges with a med ball and ball squats consisting of 10 reps and 20 secs of a wall sit. OUCH. LOL. Anyhoo... I'm officially starting my cleanse today so, watch out, here comes bitchy Leah!! :) Will have a few people hopefully able to help me with the whole willpower thing cuz I'm gonna need it. Haven't made it past a day and a half of the cleanse yet!! Wish me luck :)

max_boost
09-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

but i don't get sore
dumb question, but should i be getting sore to indicate i had a goodwork out or what?

today i did

your thoughts?
thanks in advance

Try mixing it up. Are you increasing the weights with each set? Shorten the breaks in between sets?

My muscles aren't immediately sore but the next day I feel a bit of discomfort. When I first started out, I was dying haha I also sleep like a baby after a good workout. I love it lol

I get sore after the first couple of workouts after a few weeks. You don't HAVE to be sore to have a good workout. From what I understand, if you are sore it's because you overtrained the muscles.

No pain, no gain. Feel the pain! lol

Destructive pain means going too far and your body can't handle it.

Constructive pain means your body is being stressed and tested.

Ugh, yesterday's workout was from hell but I'm not working out the rest of the week with the exception of my first basketball game tomorrow nite. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to do 25 mins on the eliptical followed by 15 mins of HIIT training on the treadmill on an 8% incline.... then do an intense leg workout without rest consisting of walking lunges with a med ball and ball squats consisting of 10 reps and 20 secs of a wall sit. OUCH. LOL. Anyhoo... I'm officially starting my cleanse today so, watch out, here comes bitchy Leah!! :) Will have a few people hopefully able to help me with the whole willpower thing cuz I'm gonna need it. Haven't made it past a day and a half of the cleanse yet!! Wish me luck :)

Holy Leah, whatever happened to easing back into things? haha

How are you feeling today? lol

max_boost
09-23-2008, 02:03 PM
This is the Body for Life workout. It's pretty challenging because of the number of sets and short time frame (46mins max for upper and 42mins max for lower). When I do this workout I use pretty much all machines. It's easy to increase the weights and get moving.

For upper:

Pick two workouts for each of the following body parts and do them in this order:

Chest, shoulders, back, triceps and biceps.

Chest workout #1

Set 1: Pick a weight you are comfortable and do 12 reps.
Set 2: Increase weight, 10 reps.
Set 3: Increase weight, 8 reps.
Set 4. Increase weight, 6 reps.
Set 5: Back to 12 reps at original weight.

On to chest workout #2, same thing. Then onto your shoulders, back, triceps, and biceps etc.

The book says to take a 1 minute break in between sets but I limit mine to 30 seconds otherwise there is no way you can finish it in time.

It also says that right after you are done set #4 at 6 reps, take no break and immediately go do a set of 12 at a lower weight. Now this will fucking hurt, it's the fatigue setting in with all those motions.

For lower body it's quads, hamstrings, calves and abdominals. Same procedure but you only have 42 mins.

Workout days alternate like this:

Week 1: Upper, cardio, lower, cardio, upper, cardio, rest.
Week 2: Lower, cardio, upper, cardio, lower, cardio, rest.

etc.

~Leah~
09-23-2008, 03:22 PM

Holy Leah, whatever happened to easing back into things? haha

How are you feeling today? lol

Yeah... that's kind of my problem. I don't know how NOT to be intense while working out. I started the HIIT and cardio last week though so it wasn't a TOTAL shock to the system. My legs are a bit sore but I still have most of my mobility, not doing too bad!

Mood wise, I think I'm doing well so far... we'll see how tomorrow goes. I'll be seeing a couple people from here tomorrow so they can let me know if I'm normal Leah, or bitchy Leah by that point!

A790
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Going to the gym in about an hour for the first time since May. This should be interesting.... :P

Rocky
09-23-2008, 06:52 PM
^ lol You'll feel that tomorrow.

Cardio is key in toning up and thinning out. Find a heavily cardio-based sport that you honestly love to play and just do it constantly -- if you like the sport, it won't feel like exercise, and you can play for hours. Soccer, hockey, tennis, basketball, almost any popular sport is good and easy to get involved with.

At least that's how I'd lose weight if I were trying. I play a lot of soccer and it definitely helps balance out my horrible college-kid diet :P

Dumbass17
09-23-2008, 07:57 PM
i'm getting thinner, but still a pesky bulge (aka beer gut) i'm not drinking til december so hopefully that helps
i actually lost 5lbs haha, man i'm light for my age

A790
09-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
^ lol You'll feel that tomorrow.

Cardio is key in toning up and thinning out. Find a heavily cardio-based sport that you honestly love to play and just do it constantly -- if you like the sport, it won't feel like exercise, and you can play for hours. Soccer, hockey, tennis, basketball, almost any popular sport is good and easy to get involved with.

At least that's how I'd lose weight if I were trying. I play a lot of soccer and it definitely helps balance out my horrible college-kid diet :P
So it went like this...

10 minutes of low-intensity treadmill (incline at half, 3.5mph walk) as a warm up.

Then I decided to ease myself into it by doing some circuit training as opposed to heavy lifting. Picked eight machines that targeted the main muscle groups (pecs, shoulders, back, calfs, etc.) and did two sets a pop. Once I was done that, I did some light free weights for my biceps/triceps/forearms and then I got back on the treadmill for a 10 minute cool down.

Not feeling too bad right now, but I can already tell I'm going to feel it in my pecs/arms tomorrow :(

~Leah~
09-24-2008, 01:56 PM
I want carbs. Now.

max_boost
09-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey Leah,

What cleanse are you doing? Details of the program?

I can't go a day without carbs lol :nut:

Darkane
09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by nos_efx
Anyone have any opinions on egg yolk consumption or reputable resources on it? I know the egg yolks contain many vitamins and nutrients that the egg white so I've been eating the yolks up as well.

If I were to count, I'm probably consuming 4 eggs a day, so roughly 24 a week minus a day where I eat something else.

I'm due for a blood check in October so I'm anxious to see what my cholesterol level is at.

Eat up my friend. Eggs are brilliant.

I do 6/day usually. I've done up to 12/day.

No problems.. in fact, my cholesterol was to low! At least for what I want it to be.

I went for blood tests and all that jazz. Blah.. bad cholesterol is needed for high test output, sadly eggs don't really raise it. :rofl: Eggs are the most anabolic food out there, eat eat eat. Raw is good too in a shake. Adds a creamy texture.

Darkane
09-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

but i don't get sore

today i did

your thoughts?
thanks in advance

Hmm,

This is important for anybody dieting so it will be perfect for this thread seeing everyone is trying to loss stubborn fat instead of bulking which is fine.

Workout MUST be heavy when dieting. This 12 rep stuff is not gonna do the trick, and 3 minute rest times take you even further.

This is what needs to be done, and remember with a caloric deficit when dieting, work (volume) has to be cut back to prevent overtraining, fatigue, sickness etc.

This would be an Ideal chest/Tri's day on a cutting diet for me, this may not be the case for everybody keep in mind:

1) DB Bench OR Barbell bench 3x5 same weight, 2minutes rest.

2) Incline DB or BB bench 3x5 same weight, 2 min

3) Dips 2x8, 90sec-2min. Depending if the person can even do the 8 reps properly. If not, do AMAP with good form and rest 2 min for the strength.

4) Skull crushers 3x10, 90sec. Same weight.

That's it basically. In and out in under 60min, 50minutes preferably NOT including 10min warmup power walking around a track or something.

Darkane
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I've been reading some cool stuff on HGH production during workouts, and it seems the lower rest times you got the more of it you produce.

Couple things to note however, If your workout last longer than 45-55minutes you're levels drop and you actually start making a lot of cortisol which burns muscle. Cortisol is produced from forms of stress be it Physical, Mental, whatever.

So simply put, HGH likes to mobilize fatty acid in the body. This is good for people trying to burn fat. I gotta read more about this, but It seems I'm going to take this sort of approach my next cutting phase.

Low rest times 30-60seconds, Workouts in 45min or so. The way to make 'gains' per say is to lower rest times 5seconds a week keeping the same weight. Eat a really restricted diet (750-1000cals under Maintenance with lots of protein and low carbs on workout days [75g]) and cut for 4 weeks at a time. This should be good to shred 8-10pounds of fat. But don't take it past that. This will shut down your metabolism, and then loss of muscle.

~Leah~
09-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey Leah,

What cleanse are you doing? Details of the program?

I can't go a day without carbs lol :nut:

PM me your email and i'll send it

Dumbass17
09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
hmmm
i guess i'll mix it up

i am basically now doing
monday chest (4-5 exercises)
tuesday biceps/triceps (4-5 exercises)
wednesday rest day
thursday shoulders/legs (god i hate this day, so boring!)
friday chest/biceps/triceps (6 exercises)
and then rest on sat/sun cuz my gym is closed :(
and i also do 30mins of cardio each day
and pushups at night before bed (trying that onehundredpushups.com thing)

uhm...ya
we'll see what happens!

TIME FOR CHICKEN

civic_rida
09-24-2008, 10:34 PM
75 grams and less of carbs per day is hard to do.

Darkane
09-24-2008, 10:42 PM
75 grams and less of carbs per day is hard to do.

yeah I'd say, try doing <20g/day :rofl: :rofl:

75 is a walk in the park after doing a pure Keto.. which by the way works excellent if you got the mental toughness.

75g/day is still 4 medium apples, 2 servings of oats with blueberries, 4 slices of most bread.

That's not that hard to do, and depending on the diet Green's usually don't count.

-Broccoli
-Spinach
-Green beans
-Salads
-Celery

~Leah~
09-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Sooooo, I stopped the cleanse this week because I'm super sick and feel I need more nutrition than what I'm getting with the cleanse. But even with a day and a half and some cheating I still have already lost 7 lbs! Yippee! :) Just had my body composition done and am pumped about what I saw because my measurements have never been this low since I hit puberty haha. Not sure I want to post everything since I'm a girl and you guys like to rip on us :P

max_boost
09-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Whoa slow down......7lbs in 1.5 days?:dunno: :nut:

You weigh yourself at night and then in the morning? ;)

A790
09-25-2008, 11:50 AM
7lbs in less than 2 days doesn't seem healthy to me...

I mean, good for you if you feel healthy and like your results. :)

Darkane
09-25-2008, 12:12 PM
^^ It's not hard, and not unhealthy. It's water weight. Maybe 1lb of fat. When people go on lowcarb and then come off of it, of course they gain back weight. It's water! 1g of carbs will bring back 2.7g of H20. Go figure.

I've gained 13 pounds in a day before. It's unhealthy if you "Dry" out like bodybuilders and stay there for a few days.

Water lost off a lowcarb diet or cleanse is really unneeded water actually. Inefficient. I don't agree with cleanses anyway though.

If you're a power lifter, yes you need a high carb/sodium diet to volumize you muscles which are 70% water anyway.

You know what they say: Salt bloat = Personal records in the gym.

It's 100% true.

civic_rida
09-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I just had quizno's lunch . small chicken carbonara = 40 grams of carbs + i had a small coke so im almost at 75grams after 1 meal.

A790
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
^^ It's not hard, and not unhealthy. It's water weight. Maybe 1lb of fat. When people go on lowcarb and then come off of it, of course they gain back weight. It's water! 1g of carbs will bring back 2.7g of H20. Go figure.

I've gained 13 pounds in a day before. It's unhealthy if you &quot;Dry&quot; out like bodybuilders and stay there for a few days.

Water lost off a lowcarb diet or cleanse is really unneeded water actually. Inefficient. I don't agree with cleanses anyway though.

If you're a power lifter, yes you need a high carb/sodium diet to volumize you muscles which are 70% water anyway.

You know what they say: Salt bloat = Personal records in the gym.

It's 100% true.
Thanks for explaining that. I was always told that if you lost that much weight all at once it was unhealthy. The more I read about it though the more evidence I find supporting what you said. :)

reiRei
09-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Sooooo, I stopped the cleanse this week because I'm super sick and feel I need more nutrition than what I'm getting with the cleanse. But even with a day and a half and some cheating I still have already lost 7 lbs! Yippee! :) Just had my body composition done and am pumped about what I saw because my measurements have never been this low since I hit puberty haha. Not sure I want to post everything since I'm a girl and you guys like to rip on us :P

I wish I could lose that much in a day and a half. Good on you if you're feeling better!

Can't say I've lost any weight yet, but I'm feeling great.. have so much more energy and I can lift a lot more in my weight classes which means I'm getting stronger

403ep3
09-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm looking for a high protein no lactose drink at jugo juice and don't know which one would be the best. Does anyone know the contents in each drink? I went for a proteinzone with two extra shots of soy protein but how much protein is that?

max_boost
09-25-2008, 01:58 PM
http://www.jugojuice.com/content/view/85/72/

Low Carb is 27g protein, 29g carbs
Extreme Protein is 53g protein, 38g carbs

Big Blue and Pom Star both have low fat yogurt and over 60grams carbs.

I usually get low carb and get extra whey (23g protein) so 50g protein in the drink.

Are you lactose intolerant? Just get those lactase pills, that's what I do. I just started recently became intolerant/sensitive.

max_boost
09-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by reiRei

I wish I could lose that much in a day and a half. Good on you if you're feeling better!

Can't say I've lost any weight yet, but I'm feeling great.. have so much more energy and I can lift a lot more in my weight classes which means I'm getting stronger

I always question those 'cleanse' programs but I'm a n00b at this so I shouldn't be questioning anything unless I know all the facts.

But 3500 calories=1lb

So to even lose 1lb a week without doing anything you have to consume 500 calories less/day. Or of course, do exactly what you are doing right now but burn an extra 500 calories/day by spending 45mins-1 hour on the cardio machine.

It seems to work for me. Lost 10 lbs in the last 10 weeks?!:dunno:

Darkane
09-25-2008, 03:12 PM

But 3500 calories=1lb

It seems to work for me. Lost 10 lbs in the last 10 weeks?!:dunno:

Exactly. 1lb of fat is 3500 cals.

10lbs of fat in 10 weeks looks perfect for a 500calorie deficit, assuming you are indeed 500cals under your maintenance.

403Gemini
09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Im starting to lean up, ive noticed my shoulders/arms are getting more cut now that ive been doing free weights for awhile, but my asthma has been kicking my ass since ive stopped all cardio for 6 months. Now I can barely run a block without being out of breath.

Max Boost (Sam is it?) , how much is a monthly membership to the Talisman Centre? I got a membership at good life fitness with my buddy but he never goes and i dont like going to the gym alone.

max_boost
09-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes, I AM SAM lol

Monthly pass is $62, student is $49.

Yeah I do cardio up to 7 days a week! Keeps you lean! lol