PDA

View Full Version : Transmission

cbr_ryder
09-12-2003, 02:36 PM
I have a cbr 600 F4, my second gear is messed up, what is involved, or how hard is it to change second gear? Should I even attempt to do it myself or get someone to look at it?

cbr_ryder
09-12-2003, 02:41 PM
didn't no wether to post this in this forum or Tech / Installation Help / Tuning / Troubleshooting forum, should I be posting bike tech questions in this forum or the other?

ramminghard
09-12-2003, 03:38 PM
my bet is shift forks

ryder_23
09-12-2003, 04:14 PM
My friend has the same exact prob with same exact bike...took it in like 5 times to get it checked, stil under warranty, and they just say its a faulty design. He says it doesnt even go into second when he just gives her full throttle. I think its the same prob

cbr_ryder
09-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Define "messed up"
Does it pop into neutral after an upshift? is it grinding? or completely not there?

second gear is slipping, the second I give it any throttle it slips, I know what the problem is I had someone look at it I just want to know how hard it is to change....thanks

cbr_ryder
09-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
My friend has the same exact prob with same exact bike...took it in like 5 times to get it checked, stil under warranty, and they just say its a faulty design. He says it doesnt even go into second when he just gives her full throttle. I think its the same prob

That is exactly how it started out, when you "giver" in first and try to shift to second it won't go in and you end up miss shifting no matter how hard u shift up. Then eventually after doing that for a while, the gear started to slip more and more. Now I can't ride in second w/o it slipping so I skip to 3rd.

ryder_23
09-12-2003, 05:54 PM
His hasnt gotten that bad. His is a newer model, 01 or 02, but same situation. He tries first - 2, but ends up going into neutral so he hasta shift back up to 2nd again. Makes it seem like he cant shift, big pain in ass. Take it to blackfoot see if you have same prob

bol
09-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
His hasnt gotten that bad. His is a newer model, 01 or 02, but same situation. He tries first - 2, but ends up going into neutral so he hasta shift back up to 2nd again. Makes it seem like he cant shift, big pain in ass. Take it to blackfoot see if you have same prob

might not be a mechanical problem, a lot of bikes have difficulty shifting 1->2 especially if its under heavy throttle. yamaha's especially

ryder_23
09-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Yeah...just design flaws in tranny? Kinda wierd