PDA

View Full Version : Someone trying to scam me on Kijiji - emails

Ekliptix
09-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I was looking for a car and came across a Camry on Kijiji in Calgary that looked like a good deal. The phone # to call the seller didn't work, so I emailed them.

It'll be easier to make sense of the emails below if you start at the bottom (oldest).

I'm Graham in them.:nut: :rofl: They're probably in Nigeria.

RE: Camry
Sent:September 12, 2008 7:10:29 AM
To: Janne J ([email protected])

To the person receiving this email,

Quit scamming and stealing from people and get a job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 01:50:02 -0700
Subject: RE: Camry

Dear Graham,

I want to tell you that it is too late for inspection and the only way that we can close this deal is to make a deposit to eBay so I can start the shipping.. In case you are still interested please email me your final answer.

I will ship my car from Bridgewater . You will have 15 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. If for any reason, you are not satisfied with the car, you will return the car to the shipping company with no expense. I will pay for shipping. Here are all photos that I have, hope they will be useful.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.

Thank you very much!

Janne

RE: Camry
Sent:September 11, 2008 6:08:35 AM
To: [email protected]

Janne,

I was under the impression the car was in Calgary. You mention shipping and handling. If the car is not located near Calgary for me to look at I won't be making an offer.
Also, why is your ad no longer available on kijiji? http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-cars-vehicles-cars-Toyota-W0QQCatIdZ204

Can you provide me a # I can call you at please?

Thanks,

Graham

Sent:September 11, 2008 4:36:07 AM
Reply-to:[email protected]

Hi Graham ,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing my offer because I know that there are many. But let me tell you that I want to sell the car because I don't have a drivers license and I just got divorced from my husband. We have to split the car and I only get a small part of the money from the car so I do not want to sell it for lots of money, and this is the reason why I sell it so cheap.

This car is in excellent working condition, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, in 100% working and perfect looking condition, and comes with a clear title, 3 months transferable warranty. It has 28,808 miles with automatic transmission and 4 - Cyl. 2.4 L engine.

From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay service.

We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000. The final price that I want for this car is $ 8700 including shipping and handling.

I will wait your for your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon. If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.

Have a nice day,

Janne

Sent:September 10, 2008 1:05:01 PM
To: [email protected]

Hi,

I'd like to talk with you about your camry for sale. I tried calling the # you included on Kijiji ((302) 370-7458) but I received a message that the # is not in use.

My cell is 403-605-####if you get a chance to call me.

Thanks,

Graham

The Cosworth
09-12-2008, 05:35 PM
i like your last email

Ekliptix
09-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I guess I wasted a chance to make some drama with them by leading them on that I believed them.:guns:

Grogador
09-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Report them to the RCMP or customs

97'Scort
09-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Fucking Nova Scotians. Always trying to scam people! :burnout:

Jlude
09-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Fucking Nova Scotians. Always trying to scam people! :burnout:

Easy now...

barmanjay
09-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I had something like that a while ago about a saab

same thing and scenario

I never fell for the bait

black_radiation
09-12-2008, 07:09 PM
My little brother had the EXACT same email's back and forth except for a 94 supra from ALASKA with 32,000 km's on it, it was definitely a scam from the get go, but we figured we would play it out with them, oddly enough the emails were almost identical, including the "free shipping if you dont like it"

D'z Nutz
09-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Some clown tried to scam me out of my RC cars and have me send them to Africa. Yeah right.

What's funny is if you copy and paste some of these replies into Google and take out the nouns, you'll see other people using the same exact template.

toastgremlin
09-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Might as well forward it to [email protected] while you're at it. Not like it's hard for a scammer to register a new address though.

shakalaka
09-12-2008, 07:18 PM
There was an article in todays calgary herald about how the number of scammers is increasing on websites like craiglist and kijiji. It's ridiculous how some people can fall into such stupid traps. These scammers are total scum.

topmade
09-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Sweet, she's got protection for twenty bucks, so you have nothing to worry about.

ragu
09-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Couple of months ago I saw an Acura RSX-S for 8g, he even sent me several pictures and all details but once it came to phone # and viewing it he/she gave me the same shit about divorce....scammers:thumbsdow

black13
09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Yup, i was on this since it started a while ago on kijiji. Right now I can easily point out 5 cars on there that are scams. Not hard, they usually only have info about the car and no email or telephone number and prices are usally around $5000 for most of them.
here's one right now...
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Mini-2OO2-Mini-Cooper-MONSTER-MINI-DVD-5-TVs-Custom-Audio-W0QQAdIdZ73979287

They always start with a story about how they have to sell and that it has to be shipped and payment must be done through ebay.
I'm guessing everyone falls cause of the ebay part and after you agree to send payment you get a legit looking email supposingly sent from ebay but looking at the email host and such its coming from financial.ebay or something like that which doesn't even exist.

But if you go that far, they ask for the money to be sent using money order to the "so called" ebay financial adviser which is probably the scammer's name.

86max
09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
LOL I fuck around with those guys all the time. Even went so far once as to have them send me pictures of their ebay id's, which made for some good photochops.

Eventually found out it was 2 guys in Orlando and never really pursued it from there. Now I just click "report as spam" when I see their ads and they're removed fairly quickly.

C4S
09-12-2008, 10:09 PM
LOTS!! tons of these .. even from selling camera .. or when I post something ..

they will say " I want your "ITEM", and will pay you extra $$ for shipping, ship to my son in africa ..but I am in Italy now .. I need your address .. " bluh bluh bluh ..

No matter from selling a $100 camera battery .. to $2K camera . got some of those scam .. :whipped: :whipped:

Yeah .. why don't they get a job ?? :whipped:

BenC
09-12-2008, 10:14 PM
i love it when they say theyre interested in your 'item'.

or when they say. ive checked and inspected your 'item'
and everything looks good to me.

though i havent had pictures up

r0g3r
09-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I was trying to sell on Kijiji,

man i got so many responses that all wanted me to ship the item to africa....yeah...not cool