PDA

View Full Version : jdm motor imports SUCKs the big one

blazzer
09-13-2008, 12:12 PM
so my bro went and bought a dohc zc from them and the minute they started working on the swap all we had was problems after problem

1st they tell us the engine mounts are cracked ok no bigge replace them, they want moeny ok again no bigge we pay them 120$ ( i find out later they went to pick and pull and ripped some out there and used them on the engine ok watever right

2nd we go to pick up the car and the power steering isnt hooked up( we installed power steering before teh swap) there were only 2 engine mounts installed AND worst of all the car over heats constantly so we take it back they didnt install teh fan switch properly they say the 2 otehr engien mounts are gonna cost more wat?? so we tell them to install the mounts and hook up the power steering as well fix the over heating

we come back over heating si fixed BUT no power steering no engine mounts so we ask them wats going on they say those cost extra?? they want more moeny to install thigns they took apart wen tehy were supposed to install them in teh 1st place

now 2-3 weeks later the alternator has gone after a bit of diving around in tehre i find tehy didint even give us a new one they tok the old one off my bros engine and threw it on there not much of an engie swap if u as me and to top it off it was 2 week past after the date tehy said it was gonna be done by and eneded up apying almost double in labour then was i was told it would be 2wice

basicly by the time i was done paying fr this for my bro's car i could have bought a b16 and done a cai and headers to it

so i called them uo 2day and let them no wats going on and tehy hang up on me??? wat teh crap so i call 10 min later they stay on teh line this time and argue taht it not tehre fault tehy didint hook up the steering ad couldent get other mounts now im not a super engien tech but i dont think having 2 of 4 mounts is anywere near safe ecspaiclly wen i can rock the engine back and forth when doing an oil change. let alone all the other problems.

so after talking to them tehy bassicly said there is nothing tehy can do and want more moeny for the mounts and labouer tehy will repoalce the alternator for more moeny and labouer phhh i think not ill do it myself for free after i got screwed over multiple times in 1 sitting from them.

so bassicly in the end this is bassicly a public service anouncment to let you guys know about this place and how "crappy" the service is in my opinion and experince they are called jdm motor imports

if anyone has dealt with them please post as well kinda curious wat otehr reviews these guys have thnx!

BenC
09-13-2008, 12:24 PM
GEEZE learn to spell.

but other than that. that sucks pretty big
the guy that works there is a nice guy to me tho.

Joe-G
09-13-2008, 12:25 PM
wat!? jk lol

gpomp
09-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by blazzer
so my bro went and bought a dohc zc from them and the minute they started working on the swap all we had was problems after problem

1st they tell us the engine mounts are cracked ok no bigge replace them, they want moeny ok again no bigge we pay them 120$ ( i find out later they went to pick and pull and ripped some out there and used them on the engine ok watever right

2nd we go to pick up the car and the power steering isnt hooked up( we installed power steering before teh swap) there were only 2 engine mounts installed AND worst of all the car over heats constantly so we take it back they didnt install teh fan switch properly they say the 2 otehr engien mounts are gonna cost more wat?? so we tell them to install the mounts and hook up the power steering as well fix the over heating

we come back over heating si fixed BUT no power steering no engine mounts so we ask them wats going on they say those cost extra?? they want more moeny to install thigns they took apart wen tehy were supposed to install them in teh 1st place

now 2-3 weeks later the alternator has gone after a bit of diving around in tehre i find tehy didint even give us a new one they tok the old one off my bros engine and threw it on there not much of an engie swap if u as me and to top it off it was 2 week past after the date tehy said it was gonna be done by and eneded up apying almost double in labour then was i was told it would be 2wice

basicly by the time i was done paying fr this for my bro's car i could have bought a b16 and done a cai and headers to it

so i called them uo 2day and let them no wats going on and tehy hang up on me??? wat teh crap so i call 10 min later they stay on teh line this time and argue taht it not tehre fault tehy didint hook up the steering ad couldent get other mounts now im not a super engien tech but i dont think having 2 of 4 mounts is anywere near safe ecspaiclly wen i can rock the engine back and forth when doing an oil change. let alone all the other problems.

so after talking to them tehy bassicly said there is nothing tehy can do and want more moeny for the mounts and labouer tehy will repoalce the alternator for more moeny and labouer phhh i think not ill do it myself for free after i got screwed over multiple times in 1 sitting from them.

so bassicly in the end this is bassicly a public service anouncment to let you guys know about this place and how "crappy" the service is in my opinion and experince they are called jdm motor imports

if anyone has dealt with them please post as well kinda curious wat otehr reviews these guys have thnx! i found your problem

BenC
09-13-2008, 12:31 PM
at least he had.... paragraphs.

Canmorite
09-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Jesus christ I am not reading that :rofl:

Joe-G
09-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Paragraphs composed of one big attempt of a sentence? LOL

djayz
09-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I read it as brutal as it was, only because all my experiences with them have been nothing short of flawless.

I've purchased a motor from them had their guy do the swap with no problems. When I did have a problem which was my oil pressure dropping, the guy who did the swap made a trip all the way out to Evergreen and replaced my oil pressure switch on the road at 8PM.

A friend has also purchased a motor and swap from them and when his shift linkage came loose half way to Banff they were willing to come out there to fix it up on the side of the highway.

Service is great, I think you were just expecting too much for next to nothing. I paid about 30% more than I was quoted from them but was expecting it because a car that is over 10 years old is going to have problems somewhere.

ercchry
09-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
i found your problem

wow that is impressive that you spent the time to pointing ALL of those out :rofl:

must have took a while to put the [b ] [/b ] around all of that

KRyn
09-13-2008, 01:04 PM
you spek goud engrish!!!1!

sxtothe240
09-13-2008, 01:05 PM
I read about half of that

SpoonEK9@STRD
09-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
i found your problem
What? you found that they are not typo's, but actually how he spells them.

JDMmotorimports
09-13-2008, 01:44 PM

if anyone has dealt with them please post as well kinda curious wat otehr reviews these guys have thnx!

Ok, first off we recieved an email shortly after your swap thanking us for the work and stating there were no problems. The problems you experienced with your vehicle were due to it's age, not as a result of our work or quality of engines.

I will cover your points one by one so you fully understand.

Yes, your engine mounts were cracked, broken and needed replacement. Our mechanic went to pick-n-pull at your request to remove used engine mounts, as the new mounts were over $300 new from Honda.

Power steering was hooked up, belt and lines installed, so please elaborate on that. Did the belt break? There are 3 engine mounts currently on your engine, the only one missing is the front mount (cheapest from honda). We told you we would install it for free, if you purchased the mount. The fan switch was not working, so we repaired that for free.

The alternator that came with your engine, is the one that is still on there. We still have your old engine WITH ALTERNATOR STILL ATTACHED if you would like to pick it up.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/IMG_0859.jpg

Lastly, you have called the wrong number. Our number is 403-769-1880. We have not spoken with you today, but you or your brother did call and spoke with our mechanic last week inquiring about an automatic to 5psd conversion. We instructed you that it would be in your best interest to purchase a 5 speed EF civic, rather than convert it.

In conclusion, we have not asked for more money to install parts that we suggested you purchase new, or to fix minor issues associated with either the age of your vehicle or the swap itself. If you require any further assistance please call us at the number above and we will do our best to help you.

TomcoPDR
09-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by JDMmotorimports

Our mechanic went to pick-n-pull at your request to remove used engine mounts,

The fan switch was not working, so we repaired that for free.

Lastly, you have called the wrong number. Our number is 403-769-1880. We have not spoken with you today,

we have not asked for more money to install parts that we suggested you purchase new,

If you require any further assistance please call us at the number above and we will do our best to help you.

Sounds very reasonable to me.

Hash_man
09-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Good on a site sponsor/shop to respond so quickly. Sounds like an interesting battle, but JDMmotorimports response seems pretty reasonable.

Staying tuned to see where this goes.

88jbody
09-13-2008, 02:34 PM
alternator failing, sorry that has nothing to do with the swap, it is a old part they fail.

sounds like the op, is just not very smart when it comes to cars, I woudl drive your car to the shop , and have them take a quick look at why your power steering does not work.

and pick up an engine mount on the way and they will put it in.

so far the shop sounds responsible and good to me :thumbsup:

cam_wmh
09-13-2008, 02:37 PM
JDMLOL

badatusrnames
09-13-2008, 02:43 PM

Ok, first off we recieved an email shortly after your swap thanking us for the work and stating there were no problems. The problems you experienced with your vehicle were due to it's age, not as a result of our work or quality of engines.

Yes, your engine mounts were cracked, broken and needed replacement. Our mechanic went to pick-n-pull at your request to remove used engine mounts, as the new mounts were over $300 new from Honda.

Power steering was hooked up, belt and lines installed, so please elaborate on that. Did the belt break? There are 3 engine mounts currently on your engine, the only one missing is the front mount (cheapest from honda). We told you we would install it for free, if you purchased the mount. The fan switch was not working, so we repaired that for free.

The alternator that came with your engine, is the one that is still on there. We still have your old engine WITH ALTERNATOR STILL ATTACHED if you would like to pick it up.

Lastly, you have called the wrong number. Our number is 403-769-1880. We have not spoken with you today, but you or your brother did call and spoke with our mechanic last week inquiring about an automatic to 5psd conversion. We instructed you that it would be in your best interest to purchase a 5 speed EF civic, rather than convert it.

In conclusion, we have not asked for more money to install parts that we suggested you purchase new, or to fix minor issues associated with either the age of your vehicle or the swap itself. If you require any further assistance please call us at the number above and we will do our best to help you.

Great response and very classy of you not to start slinging mud. Sounds like the OP is not the brightest of people...

tjtd00
09-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I run a car repair shop and have puchased an engine and a trans from them and they are great guys to deal with. When they say it will work with a couple modifications it does.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Great response and very classy of you not to start slinging mud. Sounds like the OP is not the brightest of people...

Just reading the original post probably told everyone that. :rofl:

g-m
09-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Yea the OP is an idiot I would have simply refused service in the first place. The ability to speak english is a prerequisite to doing business. Can't speak? Get a friend who can to handle the transaction.
The worst thing in the world is dealing with some idiot who can't speak

edit: Oh, "08-27-2008", the guy whos responsible for the itb/turbo thread :rolleyes:

badatusrnames
09-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by g-m
Yea the OP is an idiot I would have simply refused service in the first place. The ability to speak english is a prerequisite to doing business. Can't speak? Get a friend who can to handle the transaction.
The worst thing in the world is dealing with some idiot who can't speak

edit: Oh, "08-27-2008", the guy whos responsible for the itb/turbo thread :rolleyes:

Bad customers are bad for business...

Honda_Prelude1
09-13-2008, 07:51 PM
maybe they were just having a bad day????? :)

liquidboi69
09-13-2008, 07:52 PM
lol wtf...gj OP...

blazzer
09-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Well the OP dosn't suck nor does my writing my broken arm sucks so pease dont be so quick to judge me( i havent done anything to you) reason why i posted this up was to figure out what the story was my bro was telling one thing adn the shop/emails diffrent things and i wanted to find out why

As well sry if my writing offends you guys casue i miss a few letters or they get put in the wrong place alright its not a big deal,

now that i have found out what was going on (and thank you jdm for posting up so quickly) i can figure this out with my bro

as well someone that is trying to learn cars you guys dont act much for being rolemodels for being car enthusits to waht u like, as well not helping much jsut bashing me, all i asked for was opinion and jdm did more then that above as said i was thankfull, you guys posting( not jdm) didint help much so thnx for that too maybe u can help in teh future

i mean dont get me wrong this is deffenetly the best forums place ive ever found and its local as well so i dont mean any offence to anyone if it seemed like thats wat i was doing

revelations
09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
:thumbsup: to JDM

:thumbsdow to OP for not having his shit together before posting. Next time communicate better with your sibling before slamming a sponsor.

Freestylin
09-13-2008, 09:01 PM
First off, if you have the intention of writing a review about a business and are bad mouthing them..make sure you get the right facts to backup your words before you even post. From JDM's reply, it sounds pretty reasonable for what they had to say regarding the problems with your car.

Personally, I know that Izzat and Scott are great people..where they would go out of their way just to help out their customers. From what I've seen, they had always done their work and dealt with people in a professional manner.

+1 for JDMMotorImports:thumbsup:

....and thanks for the coilover wrenches all the time mang lol

Sorath
09-13-2008, 09:39 PM
i heard jdm motor imports dont know how to do a compression test :nut: that or was it japan racing cars or something.

JAYMEZ
09-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Ive heard nothing but great reviews from JDM ... I dont want to even bother reading through that crap..

Dj_Stylz
09-13-2008, 10:27 PM
:werd: I got my engine from there and Scott did my swap. Great guys and very helpful.

ken.bryle21
09-13-2008, 11:37 PM
yah man scott is a greay guy he did my bro's swap and everytime my bro has problem on his car he always come and fix the problem....

msommers
09-14-2008, 02:35 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/IMG_0859.jpg

Hey Gallery, take note of how to handle complaints.

tabouli
09-14-2008, 04:08 PM
OP starts a thread with a slandering title, then makes his second post an apology with no intent of wrong doing. :rolleyes: What a fucking monkey. Hit this deadbeat customer with a ban stick, and close the thread to avoid negative publicity.

+1 for JDM Motors

blazzer
09-14-2008, 04:13 PM
oh ym word close the thred its done with, you guys dont give up

Schwa
09-14-2008, 04:49 PM
"2wice"

:rofl:

MikeAg
09-15-2008, 01:30 PM
lol fckin grammar police

adam c
09-15-2008, 01:36 PM
is this how small town people spell?

I gave up reading half way through

LadyLuck
09-15-2008, 01:43 PM
so pease dont be so quick to judge me

Said the guy bashing a Sponsor without even knowing what the issue really was.

Eleanor
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Princess*Precid
Said the guy bashing a Sponsor without even knowing what the issue really was.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/afranco/pwned-facekick.jpg

in*10*se
09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
49121.... i rest my case.

analbumcover
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
what exactly is this "big one"

flopicok
10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
+1 for JDM motor imports

EM1FTW
10-21-2008, 07:45 AM
I have heard some pretty mixed things about these guys. Most of the negative being bolts left loose after a swap. But I also heard they are more then willing to always fix the problem.

rc2002
10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Just for reference, the front mount isn't that important in those cars. Any mount kit you get with swaps eliminates that front mount anyway.