PDA

View Full Version : massage (preferably se-ish)

Dumbass17
09-13-2008, 01:57 PM
ok so i got great benefits at work and i try to get a massage once every few months but the last few places i have tried weren't very good

so any recommendations for a RELAXING massage?

I've tried:
Panther sports physio in mckenzie towne (when i was doing physio there)
Sunpark Spa
Club De Sol in mckenzie towne

an ex took me somewhere in the NW i think a yaer ago and it was AMAZING, i can't remmeber the name of it, but i think it started with an "E" and they had a whole package of 'man pampering' lol

thanks in advance

t_soarer
09-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Go to Attributes Hair Salon on 17th Ave & 12 Str SW, ask for Tamara, she does an amazing Shiatsu session...you won't regret it

beyond_ban
09-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by t_soarer
Go to Attributes Hair Salon on 17th Ave & 12 Str SW, ask for Tamara, she does an amazing Shiatsu session...you won't regret it

Happy endings?

black_radiation
09-13-2008, 02:50 PM
The willows in Heritage Pointe has an amazing massage therapist, her name is Dar. its not expensive either depending if your benefits covers full or partial.

t_soarer
09-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Happy endings?

You wish :rolleyes: lol are there actually places in Calgary that do that?

tm88
09-13-2008, 03:20 PM
im sure you could find somewhere....^^^

black_radiation
09-13-2008, 03:31 PM
its prolly the massage place down the road from my dads, they change the name of it all the time, my buddy and I went in with our girlfriends following, and the girl saw us guys first, was all chipper and nice, little haggard looking, but really pleasant, then as soon as she saw the girls comin down around the corner she was pretty rude and cold.

It was Heavens Massage and now its Avante Massage, their slogan was "Massages done your way"

BlackArcher101
09-13-2008, 03:37 PM

Anyplace there's an Oil & Gas industry, Rub & Tugs will follow.

403ep3
09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
I swear that place on 16th ave near bubblemania gives happy endings.. That place seems so shady!

TYMSMNY
09-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

an ex took me somewhere in the NW i think a yaer ago and it was AMAZING, i can't remmeber the name of it, but i think it started with an "E" and they had a whole package of 'man pampering' lol

thanks in advance

Edges Salon in Crowfoot. That's where all my hard-earned benefits go.

Dumbass17
09-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY

Edges Salon in Crowfoot. That's where all my hard-earned benefits go.
i think that's it!!
like a 3+ story building right?
salon on main floor i think

semograd
09-24-2008, 08:10 AM
has anyone ever gotten a happy ending?

r3cc0s
09-24-2008, 09:50 AM
what makes a massage executive?

jdmXSI
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM

I was in Edmonton a couple years ago for business (door to door sales for fountain tire) and i swear there was one in every strip mall around the NWish area. Kinda like how liqour stores are here in Calgary... It was soooo tempting, some of those girls were smikin HOT:poosie: lol

cityhunter2501
09-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I swear that place on 16th ave near bubblemania gives happy endings.. That place seems so shady!

ohh i know a couple of friends that tried going there, it was hilarious :rofl:

TYMSMNY
09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

i think that's it!!
like a 3+ story building right?
salon on main floor i think

That's correct!

Xtrema
09-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501

ohh i know a couple of friends that tried going there, it was hilarious :rofl:

Do tell.

dannie
09-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Seems the OP is looking for something in the south. If you don't mind a guy, there is a guy in Fish Creek Chiropractic (Near the Arbys on Canyon Meadows) named Michael. Frikkin awesome.

If you want a chick, Diva Salon and Spa in Chinook Mall has a girl named McKenzie. She is amazing.

Dumbass17
09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
i went to Edges in the NW
it was ok
it was nice cuz the girl didn't talk and she was preggers (or fat, couldnt' tell LOL) so she had some good pressure

maybe i'll try mckenzie next time

thanks!

403Gemini
09-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by dannie
Seems the OP is looking for something in the south. If you don't mind a guy, there is a guy in Fish Creek Chiropractic (Near the Arbys on Canyon Meadows) named Michael. Frikkin awesome.

If you want a chick, Diva Salon and Spa in Chinook Mall has a girl named McKenzie. She is amazing.

Not to sound insecure about my masculinity but i dunno if i could completely relax with a dude touching my back. Totally not in a gay way either, just probably wouldnt relax/enjoy it. Though i could be totally wrong, if hes kick ass at his job then i might.

I think i'll check out McKenzie, I've been needing a massage for a LONG time.

dannie
09-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, I think if the guy is THAT good, it shouldnt be a big deal. But you're right. Most guys wouldn't go to another guy. McKenzie is awesome. The good thing about going to Diva, for a guy, is that they are so used to guys that do a little pampering. They are used to guys going and and doing a waxing, massage and manicure all in one shot.

Oh, the other good thing about her is that she isn't yappy yappy yappy the whole time. Unless you talk to her, she doesn't talk much.

Unknown303
09-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Not to sound insecure about my masculinity but i dunno if i could completely relax with a dude touching my back. Totally not in a gay way either, just probably wouldnt relax/enjoy it. Though i could be totally wrong, if hes kick ass at his job then i might.

Yeah it would be embarassing is he was massaging you and you got wood for some reason. Or maybe it would be a real life altering moment :dunno:

Personally I prefer massages from women. But its just because I don't imagine I'd like my hands massaging me, they're not soft like girl hands.. thank god.

sh0ko
09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
hahaha this is like that seinfeld episode! haha

403Gemini
09-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Yeah it would be embarassing is he was massaging you and you got wood for some reason. Or maybe it would be a real life altering moment :dunno:

Personally I prefer massages from women. But its just because I don't imagine I'd like my hands massaging me, they're not soft like girl hands.. thank god.

Exactally (TO BOTH POINTS!)

;) haha

Originally posted by dannie
Well, I think if the guy is THAT good, it shouldnt be a big deal. But you're right. Most guys wouldn't go to another guy. McKenzie is awesome. The good thing about going to Diva, for a guy, is that they are so used to guys that do a little pampering. They are used to guys going and and doing a waxing, massage and manicure all in one shot.

Oh, the other good thing about her is that she isn't yappy yappy yappy the whole time. Unless you talk to her, she doesn't talk much.

Thats good, i hate that feeling of obligation to talk.

snoop101
09-26-2008, 04:51 PM
I think there's a couple Thai places. My cousin hits them up once in a while.

ronaldo
09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
There's a new spa in Crowfoot Crossing. Its called the Spa Ritual, they have been advertising on Global.

Probably one of the nicest spa's....definitely worth checking out

dino_martini
09-26-2008, 08:36 PM

"I think it moved" :rofl:

dannie
09-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Ok....lemme throw this out there. If you had a sports injury, would it matter if the physiotherapist was a guy or a girl?

Shift_Perform
09-27-2008, 01:15 PM
happy endings in canada/north america sucks...

nothing beats asia massage/sauna parlors... people here are all like "WOW a happy ending?!?!" and the asians go "newb"

kutt3r
09-29-2008, 12:11 PM

I was in a car accident and my regular massuse quit and they told me there that there was a guy there now, I was in pain so I said what the hell, thinking that it would be a little weird. (thoughts of George from Seinfeld... you will know the episode) Guy was great, started the conversation with his background (Olympic team) and then started talking about his wife and 2 kids... that put me at ease, it was a fantastic massage as he really knew his stuff... I think if you can get over the initial weirdness really you are face down on a bench, just dont think about it.

Honestly a man would not be my first choice, but if they were reccomended then I would rather get a good massage from a man than a crappy one from a hot girl... I can go to the strippers to see that.

Unknown303
09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by kutt3r

I was in a car accident and my regular massuse quit and they told me there that there was a guy there now, I was in pain so I said what the hell, thinking that it would be a little weird. (thoughts of George from Seinfeld... you will know the episode) Guy was great, started the conversation with his background (Olympic team) and then started talking about his wife and 2 kids... that put me at ease, it was a fantastic massage as he really knew his stuff... I think if you can get over the initial weirdness really you are face down on a bench, just dont think about it.

Honestly a man would not be my first choice, but if they were reccomended then I would rather get a good massage from a man than a crappy one from a hot girl... I can go to the strippers to see that.

Wait you lie face down for a massage??

r0g3r
09-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey do any of you know if any of these massage places (including that Edge one the main poster was looking for) do direct billing?

I have benefits from work and I want to use them but I really don't want to go through the process of paying first and waiting on the insurance to pay me back...eventually.

dannie
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
The two I recommended don't

ekguy
09-29-2008, 09:03 PM
How does the massages at Diva work??? Do you undress to the boxers and get a robe or what? Never went for one ever but I will admit i go get pampered there often enough I love the service there with the haircut (warm towel, shoulder, neck and arms and hand massage)

dannie
09-29-2008, 09:43 PM
You check in at the main desk and they send you upstairs. You sit down at one of the little leather chairs and the massage therapist comes and gets you. She leads you to the massage room, asks what your issue is that day and thats that.

She leaves the room and you get naked just like any other massage unless you are uncomfortable with that. If you are uncomfortable with taking your skivvies off, leave em on. They tell you to lay down on the table face down and cover up with the sheet. Divas massage tables are heated too. I really like that part. Makes you feel cozy.

**Oh, I should also mention; massage therapists prefer that their client doesn't have any underwear on. It makes it more difficult to massage.

ekguy
09-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Well then now that I know the etiquette then I will be booking one for right after my next haircut haha. No time like the present for my first massage.

dannie
09-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Totally. Ask for McKenzie, shes awesome. Last time I was there, she was saying shes going back to school, so you may have to book in advance to get your massage and your normal girl who cuts your hair.

Oh, and if you go for a 90 minute massage; she can do a full body massage. Arms, legs, face, scalp, feet..... heaven

ekguy
09-29-2008, 10:54 PM
what would let's say the one hour get you???

dannie
09-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Upper body, but its a hardcore upper body. Shoulders, back, hips, face, scalp and I think a tiny bit of feet.... Its very very good, but if you can manage the 90 min, you wont regret it.

ekguy
09-29-2008, 11:09 PM
hahah im on a student budget and with my new toy in the driveway stealing most of that budget it's hard to treat myself. But i'll give it a try.

dannie
09-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Fair enough :) Shes great, give her a shot next time you go.

kutt3r
09-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Wait you lie face down for a massage??

LOL

Yes seeing as it was my back that was hurt...
:dunno: