403Gemini
09-13-2003, 12:40 AM
Whats good to look for on the car?

Also few quick questions about body repairs

how hard is it to fix the following

a.) rust
b.) dent
c.) hole due to rust

is 220,xxx a lot for a 90-92 integra or is it just me? (mind you integra engines easily can be taken into 300,000 kilos right?)

whats some good shops you guys have had excellent experiences with body work? (when i get a new car i wanna fix up the engine make sure it works perfect then fix up the entire body to look like mint)

how much is a good paintjob to give it that shiney new look (lookin to paint it jet black) and where is a good place?

how much is it to get the windows tinted and wheres a good place?

Sorry for all the stupid questions guys, but i got approved for an 8 grand line of credit and im lookin at spendin 4-6 grand on a 90-93 integra and i just wanna know whats the biggest things i should be lookin for (since ive only bought one car in my life and it was off a buddy so it was pretty trusting... ive never bought off a stranger tho :( so i need tips heh )

max_boost
09-13-2003, 01:53 AM
I don't get one thing, people who want low mileage cars, just buy a brand new one!!

Anyway, 24000kms/year is very normal

yankeefan
09-13-2003, 11:38 AM
good rule of thumb is to find a car you are interested in buying and then bring it too your mechanic for him to look it over. alot of mechanics will check out cars for you for relatively cheap(30-40 dollars estimate).

if not that then get underneath the car and make sure the frame is solid. if the frame is rusted and rotted out the car is prolly not worth it. unless your looking at getting a 39 coupe which dont think you are.

haveing a mechanic check it over is a good way to save yourself alot of headaches later on.

403Gemini
09-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by yankeefan
good rule of thumb is to find a car you are interested in buying and then bring it too your mechanic for him to look it over. alot of mechanics will check out cars for you for relatively cheap(30-40 dollars estimate).

if not that then get underneath the car and make sure the frame is solid. if the frame is rusted and rotted out the car is prolly not worth it. unless your looking at getting a 39 coupe which dont think you are.

haveing a mechanic check it over is a good way to save yourself alot of headaches later on.

and runnin the VIN # :D

Originally posted by max_boost
I don't get one thing, people who want low mileage cars, just buy a brand new one!!

Anyway, 24000kms/year is very normal

I would... if i could afford it. But thx for the average kms per year :D

sandman
09-14-2003, 10:52 PM
buy that 94 teg i had for u man
silver
5spd
137 clicks
shall we say, 7,4?

JohnnyBlaze
09-14-2003, 11:45 PM
rust always comes back

ryder_23
09-14-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by sandman
buy that 94 teg i had for u man
silver
5spd
137 clicks
shall we say, 7,4?

gsr?

illeagle
09-15-2003, 08:00 PM
yup, unless you put in a new piece of metal, rust always comes back, dents are easy depending on their size, just bring it to a paintless dent repair place - $40/dent, Holes? damn, if that's the case I bet there is rust holes all under the windsheild edge, and the bottom of the doors.

403Gemini
09-15-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

gsr?

it was RS i believe he told me

Sandman check your PM's lol sorry again!