PDA

View Full Version : Internet Trouble

/////AMG
09-13-2003, 09:13 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Ok, This is now pissing me off. I have Telus ADSL and yesterday I went to connect to the internet everything was fine but it disconnect some how and ever since I can't go online, sometimes when I'm lucky and after I have restarted like for the 2nd time IT connects but only for 5mins and then nothing. I put the modem on my dads Laptop and it works fine!! Something is wrong, maybe I clicked something in Internet Options or not. Does anyone know anytting I can do or try to see if it works. Its not Telus because the net works fine on my dad laptop. Its my computer...Got any suggestions?

Focus
09-13-2003, 11:52 AM
run a search for a file called wthunk32.dll if you have it you will need to re-boot in safe mode and delete it....the same thing was happening to me. I found out that it was caused by a "back door trojan" that was using my machine as a server to send out spam :banghead: Damn people piss me off! If you have that file chances are you have a lot of infected files you will need to get rid of.

Good luck!

Dj_Stylz
09-13-2003, 11:54 AM
If that dont work call telus and talk to them

roopi
09-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
If that dont work call telus and talk to them

those guys are bunch of tools! they just read out of a manual of how to fix computers for dummies it sounds like!

/////AMG
09-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Ok, If I do find it, I can't just delete it? How do I go in safe mode, and when I'm in safe mode, I just delete it from where I found it.

And If I do have it, which is most likely, is there a program that I track down all the other infected fucking files.

FUCK, This is now pissing me off, I just got Windows XP too and I do not wanna restore because I hate having infected files. FUCK!!

Sorry bout the language.
:banghead: :bullshit: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

/////AMG
09-13-2003, 06:01 PM
I just checked and I don't have the wthunk32.dll on my computer....WTF?

Dj_Stylz
09-13-2003, 06:09 PM
call telus

desipwr
09-13-2003, 06:15 PM
call 310-8324 its 24/7 systems were down yesterday try goin run then type cmd then do ipconfig enter then ipconfig/release enter than ipconfig/renew this should work

Dj_Stylz
09-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Thats what i had to do with mine and it is working great
When i got my new pc It wasent working like yours The guy told me to turn the Xp Firewall off i did it worked i was so happy 2 min later i got the worm virus :( but i formated since i just instaled Xp the day beofore and it is working great.

/////AMG
09-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by desipwr
call 310-8324 its 24/7 systems were down yesterday try goin run then type cmd then do ipconfig enter then ipconfig/release enter than ipconfig/renew this should work

AWESOME! I am now on my computer, I hope nothing happens now. Why did this happen anyways? Anyhting I can do to prevent this so it doesnt happen again?

/////AMG
09-13-2003, 07:33 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ingnore the post above this, same fuckin shit happens....after 5mins of glorious internet time, it disconnected....I guess I'll phone thise guys later on tonight, or tom.

desipwr
09-13-2003, 08:24 PM
okay then you have a DNS problem..what you tell the tech guys is that you want to hard code the DNS servers in your system.this helps you stay connected...

BigMass
09-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Telus buying out Cadvision was the worse thing that happened to my internet connection.

/////AMG
09-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Ok this is reall ymessed up, I connect to the internet today on my computer and it works, nothing happened, it didnt even disconnect....Telus is having some sort of problm maybe?

ninspeed
09-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
Ok this is reall ymessed up, I connect to the internet today on my computer and it works, nothing happened, it didnt even disconnect....Telus is having some sort of problm maybe?
I am having no problems with telus... my computer is fucked though