PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys ever heard of nutrilite?

gqmw
09-15-2008, 11:51 PM
http://www.nutrilite.com/

Apparently it's a sports nutrition company under Alticor Inc. and Quixtar.

This is quoted from the website:

Quixtar History
Beginning in 1999, Quixtar IBOs (Independent Business Owners) have earned in excess of $1.7 billion in bonuses and other incentives and have generated over $5.7 billion in sales. According to Internet Retailer's 2006 "Top 500 Guide", Quixtar is the number one retailer in online Health & Beauty and number twenty among all e-commerce sites.

A subsidiary of Alticor Inc., Quixtar is a business opportunity company that offers entrepreneurs the ability to have their very own web-based business. Individuals are rewarded for their product sales through Quixtar's Independent Business Ownership Plan.

Quixtar Inc. currently supports independent businesses in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and various trust territories and independent island nations in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans and the Carribean. Quixtar Inc. is based near Grand Rapids, Michigan and Quixtar Canada corporate headquarters are located in London, Ontario, Canada.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

They're doing an information session at the UC this week, I'm just not sure what it's all about and I'm just wondering if anyone else knows more information about this company.

It's supposed to be a job where you work approximately 6-10 hours a week.

I'm not sure how it is but I got an invitation to this info meeting. I'm debating whether or not to check it out, I just don't want to waste my time going and finding it its another vector management :rofl:. If you guys have any info about this that would be useful please do share :)

Edit: Did some quick research, case closed, it's another multilevel marketing company---using a LEGAL approach to a pyramid scam. I hate how they do these info sessions on campus...

http://www.corporatenarc.com/quixtar.php

frozenrice
09-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Doesn't the TV ad say it (Quixtar) is related to Amway?
If I'm not mistaken, Amway has had a reputation of being a multi-level marketing program.

TDA
09-16-2008, 12:02 AM
It is another vector management, another Amyway, another Primerica, another MLM.. run run run for the hills. You know the pattern, you have to buy the packages on your own money, spend time, spend money to go to those 'rah rah rah' psychological motivation meetings, and when the money doesn't come in in any significant number they blame it on you, saying that you have to put more time and effort into the business, you reap what you sow. Except that they don't tell you that you're sowing horse shit. But that's okay since you're working to 'free' yourself from trading time for money, to make your passive millions. Yes because people are getting laid off left and right, and its impossible to save for retirement due to inflation, dangerous ethnic minorities from the east, Large Hadron Collider, ET, Sarah Palin, Mad Cow Disease, Bird Flu, Stock Market crisis, etc etc.... And once I've told you all the doomsday scenarios, I'll introduce some guy supposedly with his ferrari, his yacht, his bisexual supermodels he bangs every day, etc etc... Just pay the fees to attend meetings and buy promotional material. Yes.

/rant

gqmw
09-16-2008, 12:12 AM
yeahh it's dirt :banghead:

Strider
09-16-2008, 12:40 PM
http://historylink101.net/images/khufu-pyramid.jpg

oh wait... i'm sorry, "Multi-Level Marketing"

A790
09-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Quixtar is multi-level-marketing. If you can do well with that kind of business model, roll with it. Most people can't, and trust me, it's not easy.

I was doing semi-decent with MLM until I just couldn't do it anymore. Constant "meetings", motivation seminars, etc... wears down on you. I finally took what I liked about the MLM business model (the freedom to work when I wanted, the online components) and started a more traditional online marketing company.

The thing about any MLM is that once you develop a downline you have to really focus on keeping people motivated to not only recruit people, but make sales as well. Many people forget that without sales there's no revenue, and while all new signups almost always buy something, you don't want to rely on a small pond like that.

Joining Quixtar will be difficult, and I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

Crymson
09-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Quixtar isn't just related to Amway, Quixtar IS amway, they rebranded themselves in 2000. quixtar was supposed to be Amway going online.

MLM's work, when they're "cool", like candle parties, sex toys, and cosmetic shit that women sell to each other. Quixtar/Amway is simply embarassing for you, for your family, and more importantly for you friends.

I know people who have got into shit like this. Before long you find yourself consumed with their brainwashing and you'll wake up a year later, more broke than you started, with a garage full of shit that you can't even give away, and you'll realized you've alienated all your friends and family, whilst some douchebag feeding you CD's and motivational seminars makes off with a porsche.

A790
09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Yea, that's why you don't approach friends and family if you're in a MLM....

Daxin
09-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Not a big fan of the company image, but the product Nutri-lite is actually pretty good. I've tried the daily vitamins and its one of the better brands out there. Just couldn't afford to keep taking them.

dr_jared88
09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
My parents are part of quixtar and are quite successful with it. That being said they've worked hard for where they've gotten. It takes lots of work, especially at the beginning. You need to find clients and hope that they start getting clients as well and keep them always interested so they keep building and buying. Nutrilite has some pretty good stuff, especially their vitamins.

WhippWhapp
09-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Google "dateline" and "quixtar" and you will see everything you ever need to know...

craigcd
09-22-2008, 09:56 PM
I know people that are so into this crap, it makes me laugh. They think you are an idiot for not being a part..... so ironic. One day they will realize.