PDA

View Full Version : CPS 1- 16V vw 0

itsnotaDUB
09-13-2003, 02:33 PM
i know everybody posts their police run-ins and expects pitty or a handout, but i think the cop i had to deal with is a complete ass.
i was heading down 9th ave sw towards inglewood their is a used car lot on the right and a playground on the left. it was 830-845 at night so it was extremely dark my head lights were on along with the street lights so the cop runs out in front of me and does the typical. so i ask how fast was i going, he says 60 so i say, so whats your problem?, why are you pulling me over??? he says the sun set at 8:01 and its now 8:41 this is still a playground zone for 20 min,
i dont care about the money like the ticket was only $177.00 its not a big deal but when you are 19 year old male driver with a classified "sporty-fast" car my insurance is going to be brutial, can i fight this? does anyone know?,this seems very unreasonable....

AquamosH
09-13-2003, 02:37 PM
:banghead:

Good luck with the ticket man.

ryder_23
09-13-2003, 03:37 PM
you can easily get the demeritts off, which i'm assuming is the only thing your worried about.

hjr
09-13-2003, 03:41 PM
ya, fight it. You can probably get al the demerits dropped. You have nothing to loose by fighting it.

4wheeldrift
09-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Playground zones are in effect until one hour after sunset.

Spenser
09-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

it looks like he knew that already.

rice_eater
09-13-2003, 11:27 PM
or at least found out the hard way

Ben
09-15-2003, 10:47 AM
yeah, thats rough, In circumstances like that I'm sure the crown would drop the demerits and leave you the fine.

itsnotaDUB
09-15-2003, 11:49 AM
thanks for all the responce, well its good to hear that i can get the demarits droped, because really yah i was speeding and understandably i will pay the ticket. its just so brutial now a days with insurance.

Maxt
09-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Everyday the time of the sunset changes, it's impossible to have the sunset times exactly right on the nose , I would fight it on the grounds that in a city the sunset is probably percieved as much earlier because buildings can block out alot of the sunlight during sunset... generally it meansthe playgrounds are in effect during the day, and a cop being a dick in the evening is outside the spirit of the law when it comes to sunset times...I would put the fucker on the stand in court and ask him what the sunset time will be on dec 15 2205, and see what kind of knowledge base he has about sunsets....Maxt

littledan
09-15-2003, 03:51 PM
^^^^ :werd: that sounds like a bullshit ticket to me!

itsnotaDUB
09-15-2003, 03:51 PM
the only thing he could tell me was that the sun set was at 8:01pm but who decides that?, thte weather man?, we all know how accurate they are especially living in cal. so because of all the positive responce i have recived from this post im going to fight it and with any luck this cop wont even show.. well wishfull thinking never hurt anyone.....

Ben
09-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
the only thing he could tell me was that the sun set was at 8:01pm but who decides that?, thte weather man?, we all know how accurate they are especially living in cal. so because of all the positive responce i have recived from this post im going to fight it and with any luck this cop wont even show.. well wishfull thinking never hurt anyone.....

Times of sunset are based on the location of the earth in its orbit around the sun. Technically the sunset times are correct, but as mentioned earlier they are changing every day. Its not the fact on who decided on when the sun sets, but the fact that who the hell reads the paper and will look at what time the sun sets every morning.

Playground zones should have set times like school zones do. Cept instead of school being 0800-1730, playgrounds should be 0830-2100.

That way there is NO mistakeing or ignorance. Cause its pretty much dark at 2030-2045h now, and so to some that feels like its an hour after sunset. In the summer its light till nearly 2300h, and in the winter its dark at 1630h. There are rarely kids playing on playgrounds at 2200-2300 at night, and yet the play ground is still in effect, and yet there are always kids out tobogganing and junk well into the evening in the winter when no playground zones are in effect...seems dumb to me...to drive faster, in the winter, through a playground, where kids are generally slower and less mobile...and cars take way longer to stop. :dunno:

There is no way to make the entire population that drives in the city of calgary know when the sun rises and sets every day, so for a cop to be out a few minutes before the hour after up is pretty cold and desperate...sure hes doing his job, but on situations such as this it doesn't seem justified.

fast95pony
09-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Remember the cops have a quota. They are out to fill it,anyway they can .

itsnotaDUB
09-16-2003, 12:35 AM
i understand they have a quota, but come on lets be reasonable, anybody with kids would know you dont let them out after dark, ive never faught a ticket before can i do it now?, or do i wait till the date on the ticket????

roopi
09-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

i think that info would have been a little more helpful around 8:40