PDA

View Full Version : buying blu ray online

stevieo
09-16-2008, 08:47 PM
what sites do you guys use to buy movies online?
how are the prices compare to like say bestbuy/futureshop, wal-mart (i find wal-mart has some good prices), hmv and such?

i don't know any good sites to goto.

thx

dj_rice
09-16-2008, 08:49 PM
I would also like to know and obviously sites online are cheaper than BB/FS as ur cutting out the middle man/profit margin, too bad the shops in T & T/Chinatown can't bootleg Blu Ray...or can they?;)

GQBalla
09-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Can't they??? I thought I saw some movies that said bluray

Cept it was spelled blueray

ZMan2k2
09-16-2008, 09:33 PM
I've personally tried tower.com, and amazon.com. They both ship right away, and usually takes 8-10 days to get the movie. I've never paid customs on any of my purchases, but being a postie and delivering, I've noticed that if the purchase is over $40, they tend to charge. So the key is to order one at a time.

toyboy88
09-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Can't they??? I thought I saw some movies that said bluray

Cept it was spelled blueray

I'm pretty sure all the "blueray" ones I've seen at T&T are just copies of the bluray disc case, not actual bootlegged blurays too. LOL

sCream
09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
This one is in Alberta, limited selection tho
http://www.bigpicvideo.com/index.html

I buy mine off ebay, cheapest place, either that or on the forum, www.blu-ray.com

old&slow
09-17-2008, 05:16 AM
There's no cheap places really. Deals that used to had at Amazon dried up when HD bit it...Damn shame that!

flipstah
07-06-2014, 07:39 PM
BUMP.

Anyone find a dependable spot to get cheap Blu-Rays? The only one that comes to mind is HMV.

No more clearance bin at Rogers Video. :(

I miss that.

D'z Nutz
07-07-2014, 08:50 AM
People still shop at HMV?

Keep an eye on the bargain bins at Walmart. They always have stuff.

Inzane
07-07-2014, 10:08 AM
I use amazon.ca quite a bit.

You really have to keep an eye out though. Put a few in your shopping cart and then watch them almost daily over a few weeks. Surprise sales pop in and out all the time.

Dertz
07-29-2014, 01:32 PM
It's true bluray.com will have links to super cheap movies and the best sale prices. Nevermind their awesome reviews.:)

firebane
07-30-2014, 07:13 AM
If you keep an eye out http://thecnl.com/ has decent prices on movies at times.

Hero_X
08-06-2014, 05:31 PM
I find Amazon.ca has a lot of good deals.

Also Amazon.co.uk.

They have good deals on box sets.

Of course not always, but sometimes. it's worth checking out. Even after the conversion from GBP to CAD, it's still cheap.

Phl0xed
08-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Inzane
I use amazon.ca quite a bit.

You really have to keep an eye out though. Put a few in your shopping cart and then watch them almost daily over a few weeks. Surprise sales pop in and out all the time.

This.

I've gotten some wicked deals from there. Sales happen on nearly a daily basis. I've gotten a couple $100 boxsets for $30 before. Definitely about the only place I buy them. Except, I think I managed to snag The Hurt Locker for $6 from a bin at Best Buy once.. Haha

DENZILDON
08-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
People still shop at HMV?

Keep an eye on the bargain bins at Walmart. They always have stuff.

This! I was at walmart a couple of days ago and they had a bin of blue rays for $8.

I would have bought some but decided to go for the music 3 disc sets for $5. lol! 80's and Blues collection, Itunes cant beat that price!