PDA

View Full Version : Run Flat tires

bigbadboss101
09-17-2008, 12:39 AM
I know they are good in the sense they can run for a good distance without air pressure. The need to carry a spare is gone. My guess is the performance of the run flats are a bit different than regular tires.

Have any of you put regular tires on your car that is set up to use run flats? The computerized sensors are kinda neat and I don't know if it's not a good idea to put on regular tires. I have a 04 CTS-V and the car uses run flats. Currently looking for winter tires.

VetteRacin
09-17-2008, 06:23 AM
It really is not a big deal to switch back and forth between run-flats and regulars, sure the run-flat tires have a much stiffer sidewall, but they need it, thats all part of their design to be be able to drive 80kms flat, the only real problem is that most cars that use them do not have spare tires as usually no room. They pretty much handle the same and all that fun stuff.
As far as sensors do it does not matter what tire is on the vehicle, all they do is read the air pressure and send it back to the driver info center.

G
09-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I use non runflats for winter and have no issues with the TPM sensor going off.