PDA

View Full Version : Did u ever notice?

sexualbanana
08-10-2002, 11:30 AM
Benny, B18C, barrybeach and i were discussing this one day after pho, and did u ever notice that veedub (or perhaps german cars in general) owners all seem to be really nice to each other? for example benny will drive down a road. then a done up veedub will drive up to him, give him a nod and perhaps even pull over and talk.

whereas import owners tend to do many fly-by's? and they all think they're better than u?

maybe it's just me.

buh_buh
08-10-2002, 11:32 AM
people just seem like they're doing flybys on you because your so slow.

sexualbanana
08-10-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
people just seem like they're doing flybys on you because your so slow.

also very true

Pete92SL
08-10-2002, 11:38 AM
thats cause most import drivers are younger morons, whereas most VW drivers are older and more mature....except for Fluidic Digital.

Pete

Fluidic
08-10-2002, 12:52 PM
That's cause VEEDUBS are the shit!! LOL

I always wave and nod... it's the custom! You have to keep the car community a close knit group... gotta keep those friendships going... throw a wave and nod next time you see a fellow car "groupie"!! :)

Peter

5.9 R/T
08-10-2002, 01:17 PM
I heard it's something to do with nazi's and world supremacy, but thats just what i heard. :rofl:

B18C
08-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
I heard it's something to do with nazi's and world supremacy, but thats just what i heard. :rofl:

hahahaha

Ed the SOHC
08-10-2002, 01:30 PM
That's cuz import drivers are arrogant fuckers that think every light is a race :banghead: :confused:

shadowz
08-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
That's cuz import drivers are arrogant fuckers that think every light is a race :banghead: :confused:

also true

Dirty_SOHC
08-10-2002, 01:53 PM
Not all honda drivers are cocksuckers. As an example When I meet you shadow on macloed trail and we cruised down macloed for awhile.

sexualbanana
08-10-2002, 02:15 PM
but u already knew each other right?

Dirty_SOHC
08-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Nope I just reconized his car from his signature on 403. I rolled my window down said wassup and nick wanted me to buy his buddies mugen kit that looks like the one on your car gavin=)

Pete92SL
08-10-2002, 06:00 PM
Saturn has reunions :) I find that kinda cultish. I always have other S series owners waving. noding and stopping me. It fucking sucks cause I am anti social.

Pete

Ferio_vti
08-10-2002, 06:22 PM
Its like motorcycle owners. Doesn't matter if your a big fat ass on a hog or a cocky little shit on a crotch rocket, everyone waves at each other.

trendkill
08-10-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

yes yes, that is XACTLY IT. i am blonde haird and blue eyed,,, the perfect race and i drive a nazi ride. WHOO HOOO/ i am the man...

just jokes. no it is like the others said, honda owners are all out to impress one another where as german **mature** ppl think its cool that ppl have simmiler intrests as they do. why the hell do u think i sold my prelude, i was so sic of the import crap going on, so much more nicer with teh car i have now.

and plus now i am a SNOB:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Audi Kid
08-10-2002, 07:38 PM
audi drivers all give waves :) i drove beside this guy in a MINT 83 quattro turbo..we talked out the windows a little....he got the car imported from the states..my god....close to 300 hp car wieghts like 2600.....watch out:burnout:

Hakkola
08-10-2002, 11:43 PM
Yeah, me and bimmers give each thumbs up a lot, and sometimes talk. I don't get much respect from other benz owners tho, most of the ones i've seen have been at least 10 years older than me. So yeah, I mostly talk to bimmer owners which is kew, although one time I talked to a guy in a Z06. German car owners RULE!!!!
Nicest car drivers around, the ones that aren't snobs anyway.

Dope Dealer
08-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Its like motorcycle owners. Doesn't matter if your a big fat ass on a hog or a cocky little shit on a crotch rocket, everyone waves at each other.

I noticed this too. Kind of neat if you ask me :thumbsup:

max_boost
08-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Just like the bus drivers! They all wave at each other! haha

D'z Nutz
08-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Just like the bus drivers! They all wave at each other! haha

Hahaha!! I notice that too!

todaB18c5
08-11-2002, 02:06 PM
same with tow truck operators, city buses, and so on.... but i have never seen a cop car do the same...

kevie88
08-11-2002, 04:24 PM
I always wave at Prelude owners and they just look at me funny... like "who the hell is this white guy ??":confused:

RCBVtec
08-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
I always wave at Prelude owners and they just look at me funny... like "who the hell is this white guy ??":confused:

Yeah what's up with that hey??? I use to wave at fellow luders too, but most of them are arrogant bitches... I haven't found that really any import drivers are all that nice, most have such attitudes and drive around thinking their shit don't stink... :thumbsdow

girlRACER
08-11-2002, 08:44 PM
Yes, I noticed that most import drivers are cocky to each other thus they are always trying to personalize their ride and do mods to make theirs better than everyone elses!

For example, when I was driving my G20 some girl at school would purposely take my parking spot all the time and park the exact same way I do...backwards. This year I'm taking my parking spot back with a vengeance!!!!!!!!!

As well though, there's so many of the same rides you can't possibly wave to everyone that drives the same car as you.

Most SLK drivers are really friendly and we all wave or give thumbsup to each other. It's especially cool to see one in the same color as me which has only happened twice...but then there are some old people I wave to that just don't care which has also happened twice.

RSeXy
08-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
For example, when I was driving my G20 some girl at school would purposely take my parking spot all the time and park the exact same way I do...backwards. This year I'm taking my parking spot back with a vengeance!!!!!!!!!

Ah the dreaded race for a parking spot! haha..that is one thing i haven't missed while on break! i'll have to wake up early to get a space at the art parkade this year!

how do you have a parking space? isn't the list like 3-4yrs? i missed my opportunity back when i got scholar's advantage. :(

BarryBeach
08-11-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL
Saturn has reunions :) I find that kinda cultish. I always have other S series owners waving. noding and stopping me. Pete

Yeah i think your on crack, and the whole reasoning behind veedub drivers wavin' and helping each other out is 'cause the VeeDub following is much smaller then the import. So our outlook is that you gotta keep up your relations to spread the NAZI power:D

mwmhong
08-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

how do you have a parking space? isn't the list like 3-4yrs? i missed my opportunity back when i got scholar's advantage. :(

There is some provision that allows a former parking pass holder to pass it down to a younger sibling. For example, I've passed my old pass from lot 12 down to my younger sister and she doesn't have to wait on the list.

sexualbanana
08-11-2002, 09:49 PM
i'll have to wake up early to get a space at the art parkade this year!

ahh yes. that reminds me. i should find out when art parkade passes go on sale

girlRACER
08-11-2002, 10:01 PM

I don't technically have my own parking space but I arrive there early enough that I make it mine...until that girl started taking my spot.....funny she drives the exact same car as me! She can kiss some girlRACER ass this year.

boi-alien
08-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

There is some provision that allows a former parking pass holder to pass it down to a younger sibling. For example, I've passed my old pass from lot 12 down to my younger sister and she doesn't have to wait on the list.

man!! if your sis doesn't want it i'll take it!!! tell her lot 10 is sooo much better!!! :clap:

Pete92SL
08-11-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by BarryBeach

Yeah i think your on crack, and the whole reasoning behind veedub drivers wavin' and helping each other out is 'cause the VeeDub following is much smaller then the import. So our outlook is that you gotta keep up your relations to spread the NAZI power:D

You think I am on crack? Whys that dude?

Pete

James
08-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL

You think I am on crack? Whys that dude?

Pete

Im pretty sure he was being Sarcastic:dunno:

Ben
08-11-2002, 11:47 PM
The Das Volks show today looked sweet...caught the last hour of it, some seriously nice rides down there!

shadowz
08-12-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Captain_Dirty
Nope I just reconized his car from his signature on 403. I rolled my window down said wassup and nick wanted me to buy his buddies mugen kit that looks like the one on your car gavin=)

Its all good, you feel like a jerk if you fly by why not have some courtesy and either wave or say hi