PDA

View Full Version : the interior

sexualbanana
08-10-2002, 12:47 PM
so how do i do it? colour my interior that is. i figure since i have nothing else to do with my day, i figure why not?

do i use that foliatec spray stuff? or is there other stuff that's better?

Ekliptix
08-10-2002, 12:51 PM
Captain Dirty should know, he did his.

4wheeldrift
08-10-2002, 12:51 PM
I've personally found that leaving an open can of house paint on the front seat then rolling the car over works extremely well :D

Ed the SOHC
08-10-2002, 12:57 PM
Personally, I do not recommend painting your interior. Spend the extra money and get everything you can wrapped in leather or pleather. I'm going to have to get my dash wrapped even though I had it professionally dyed.:banghead: I would have saved money in the end if i just got it wrapped.:banghead:

sexualbanana
08-10-2002, 01:02 PM
really?

5.9 R/T
08-10-2002, 01:09 PM
painting usually looks good from far but far from good. You have to disassble your whole car, use several coats, and then deal with all the scratches that occur from stupid people kicking your kick panels etc. etc. IMO it's a waste of time and money.

boi-alien
08-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
so how do i do it? colour my interior that is. i figure since i have nothing else to do with my day, i figure why not?

do i use that foliatec spray stuff? or is there other stuff that's better?

u should try SEM paint, u can pick some up at Deans Auto Supply

Ed the SOHC
08-10-2002, 01:25 PM
I learnt from del lude's mistakes and now you should learn from my mistakes.

1. I wrapped everything (doors, roof, rear panel, side panels)except my dash (big mistake #1)
2. I painted all the plastic peices myself (big mistake #2)

solution:
1. Wrap your dash!
2. go to an autobody shop to paint your plastic peices... it'll be more versitile. My plastic peices aren't scratched yet but that's because I baby it.

If you want your interior to last for a long time without worry of maintenance then I suggest you follow my instructions. Someone told me this and I didn't listen and now I'm gonna have to redo my dash :(

shadowz
08-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Yes if you can find a place that will wrap the entire interior youre set

sexualbanana
08-10-2002, 01:46 PM
i see

Ferio_vti
08-10-2002, 06:45 PM
You can get you interior flocked with tweed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some jack ass did that and managed to get his ride featured in Import Tuner (yet another reason not to subscribe)

4wheeldrift
08-10-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Some jack ass did that and managed to get his ride featured in Import Tuner (yet another reason not to subscribe)

At least it was different, thats more than you can say for 95% of the imports out there.

LUDELVR
08-14-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

I remember that issue!! It's like a green car with blue and green interior right? I think the car was from Siniste racing or some shit like that.