PDA

View Full Version : Secret Street September 19th

Mr_ET
09-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Yes it is happening and yes I know the track is closing but they still have 3 of these left this year.

Who is going? I will be spectating.

ottamania
09-18-2008, 09:30 AM
I wonder if auto x will run.

Mr_ET
09-18-2008, 11:41 AM
My money is on NO:thumbsdow

GOnSHO
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
im definately goin, 9:00 is perfect temp

ottamania
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
i might go.

DannyO
09-18-2008, 12:45 PM
I think I'll head out to spectate.

VW337
09-18-2008, 12:46 PM
I'll be goin with some buddies

Aleks
09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
I might bring the GTI out again. I have a pass I haven't used yet. LOL.

I know the GTI can go low low 14s with some traction

Eleanor
09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I'll probably be there. Does anyone know the gear requirements for running a bike (leathers, etc.) ?

frozenrice
09-18-2008, 03:36 PM
My co worker is trying to convice me to go out in my pretty-much stock Integra. I'm tempted, but am self-conscious about screwing up and/or getting laughed at as I've never done it before. :dunno:

SNAATCH
09-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I will be out shooting for 10's.

frozenrice
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Anybody know the rules? I searched and all the links to race city don't work.

I thought I read somewhere once that you have to have less than a 1/4 tank of gas to pass one of the tech rules.

Mr_ET
09-18-2008, 07:58 PM
that;s not a rule man...

In your case make sure the seat is bolted down good, seatbelt works fine, everything on the body is as it should be, tires have decent thread and you have nothing loose inside the cabin.

You also need to wear close toe shoes and jeans or pants, no shorts. You won't need a helmet.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Anybody know the rules? I searched and all the links to race city don't work.

I thought I read somewhere once that you have to have less than a 1/4 tank of gas to pass one of the tech rules.

When I went a few weeks ago, my friend, and also a member on here, took a stock '07 Subaru Forester... Ran 18's.

I've seen another members smart car go down, running 21?

A few stock civics show up and run 16-18's.

You really have nothing to worry about. I misshift, and no one says a word.

Mr_ET
09-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

When I went a few weeks ago, my friend, and also a member on here, took a stock '07 Subaru Forester... Ran 18's.

I've seen another members smart car go down, running 21?

A few stock civics show up and run 16-18's.

You really have nothing to worry about. I misshift, and no one says a word.

I said a word;)

MikeAg
09-19-2008, 09:17 AM
ill be there

Mr_ET
09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by MikeAg
ill be there

with what car and are you racing?

Freebs
09-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
My co worker is trying to convice me to go out in my pretty-much stock Integra. I'm tempted, but am self-conscious about screwing up and/or getting laughed at as I've never done it before. :dunno:

dont even worry about it man... its just for fun, your not going to loose any thing on going out and just messing around.
Im bringing my car i never drive any more and i know there will be plenty of comments about it (negative) ahah but I just want to see what it can do before its sold...and i know for a fact i wont be able to get the times its capable off..

DonJuan
09-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by SNAATCH
I will be out shooting for 10's.

I'll be there too, infront of you.

LOL, JK!

Synne
09-19-2008, 05:18 PM
I might show up and shoot for low 18's!! Ah yes!!

Toms-SC
09-19-2008, 07:27 PM
I'll be there laughing

Dawson
09-19-2008, 09:38 PM
so they had to hand flag people cause they couldnt get the tree to work, f*ck i wanted to know my time

NickGT
09-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Dawson
so they had to hand flag people cause they couldnt get the tree to work, f*ck i wanted to know my time

Yep that sucked. I was lucky though. This was my first time ever tonight racing and got a [email protected] - this was just before the clock stopped working so I got my slip. I think my second run was faster but I'll never know. I'm pretty happy with that since most of my buddies were running high 14s with their GTs and it was my first time after all...

Toms-SC
09-19-2008, 10:16 PM
The times starting working no less then 20 minutes later.

epp01
09-19-2008, 11:15 PM
After tonight it doesn't surprise me this place is closing down. I got there at 7o'clock with my buddy. For 2 hours people "WERE NOT"aloud on the stands, because of the oval racing, all the spectators were in the pit area making a mess of the pits. And worse off, once behind the track filled, nobody could see a damn thing. People were furious with the staff and demanded their money back.

I did however see a charger with a umm... "inexperienced" driver almost hit both sides of the wall going down the track lol.

Dawson
09-19-2008, 11:37 PM
yea my bro saw that too, im going back next weekend i want to know my time lol for my stock si, whos comming out next weekend?

frozenrice
09-19-2008, 11:48 PM
I got to the track around 8pm and made a run at 9:25pm. If it weren't for the long wait I'd probably have enjoyed it more and maybe make another run or two. I have to admit the run itself was fun although my time sucked.

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Z_Fan
09-19-2008, 11:51 PM
If I was going to go racing tonight, I'd have made the trip to Medicine Hat or Edmonton.

You know Calgary is always going to be a gong show. Cuz, well, the place sucks and needs new equipment. Hell, I don't even trust their timing system this year. :devil:

SNAATCH
09-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan

I'll be there too, infront of you.

LOL, JK!

LOL! if we had lined up tonight, you would have been. I ran like ass tonight.

euro_racer
09-20-2008, 12:49 AM
ugh i had tonnes of issues tonight with the car and traction :(

funny thing on the lights not working situation, they fixed the problem while i was staging so i got a slip for all 4 of my runs haha

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 01:02 AM
that charger LOL. I have the picture sequence of him almost writing off his car. Oddly enough i never saw him run after that.

I got ontop of the tower later on in the night for some photos but some dumbass broke his rx7 and they spent a hour cleaning it.

I do have some really nice photos of the whole night though.

My best experience.

Talkin to one of the officials in the oval on my cell phone

him - hey man you shouldnt stand there ....if one of those cars hits the wall while you're taking a photo you're done
me- but art said i could stand here i just gotta duck real fast!
him - c'mon dave, i would hate to see you hurt.

VROOOOOOMMMMM screeeechhhhh slam. Fucken car slammed right into the wall right in front of me and showered me with debris. Lol. I had to give him shit later on the night though "you ruined a good shot man. I coulda had that car hitting the wall in front of me!!" :rofl:

what a gong show piece of shit track this is. timing system sucks. people slicking up the track so i cant see ryans gtr hit a 10second pass....:(

NickGT
09-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by SprayGUN
that charger LOL. I have the picture sequence of him almost writing off his car. Oddly enough i never saw him run after that.

I got ontop of the tower later on in the night for some photos but some dumbass broke his rx7 and they spent a hour cleaning it.

I do have some really nice photos of the whole night though.

My best experience.

Talkin to one of the officials in the oval on my cell phone

him - hey man you shouldnt stand there ....if one of those cars hits the wall while you're taking a photo you're done
me- but art said i could stand here i just gotta duck real fast!
him - c'mon dave, i would hate to see you hurt.

VROOOOOOMMMMM screeeechhhhh slam. Fucken car slammed right into the wall right in front of me and showered me with debris. Lol. I had to give him shit later on the night though "you ruined a good shot man. I coulda had that car hitting the wall in front of me!!" :rofl:

what a gong show piece of shit track this is. timing system sucks. people slicking up the track so i cant see ryans gtr hit a 10second pass....:(

Hah!

You didn't happen to get any pictures of my mustang did you? :angel:

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by NickGT

Hah!

You didn't happen to get any pictures of my mustang did you? :angel: sure did. however you will have to wait until tomorrow to see any. I got 170 photos of the night....i am positive i have at least one shot of your car in there.

I had a hardon for mustangs tonight. especially the yellow roush. :drool:

NickGT
09-20-2008, 01:10 AM
sure did. however you will have to wait until tomorrow to see any. I got 170 photos of the night....i am positive i have at least one shot of your car in there.

Sweeeeeeet can't wait to see them!

reiRei
09-20-2008, 02:16 AM
yea my bro saw that too, im going back next weekend i want to know my time lol for my stock si, whos comming out next weekend?

I'll be there with my betty

GOnSHO
09-20-2008, 03:38 AM
i had a laptop with me so i could record my runs and tune my MAF and they gave me shit for having the laptop, im like FUCK OFF!! ive seen SOOO many people with laptops... so i didnt get to tune my high frequencies...

i tried 3 different tunes on my car while i was there...

first run was pretty bad, i forgot to take off traction control so i lost all power when my tires started spinnning..

second run (1 1/2HR lateR) i had a tune that was supposed to make my car NO-LIFT shift... wow did that not work, worst run of my life. i felt like a retard..

third was a PB for me... 16.07 (i know i know, nothin good but)
back to my baseline tune with the fans running non stop, and traction control off... had a black SRT4 until the 1/8 mile, then he went past me...

i couldnt get any traction at all .... i was spining my tires through first and some of second..

any pics of my saturn (170)??

frozenrice
09-20-2008, 09:14 AM
sure did. however you will have to wait until tomorrow to see any. I got 170 photos of the night....i am positive i have at least one shot of your car in there.

Yeah that Roush was nice. He was next to me in the lineup. I was thinking I might have had to race him............

Aleks
09-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by NickGT

Yep that sucked. I was lucky though. This was my first time ever tonight racing and got a [email protected] - this was just before the clock stopped working so I got my slip. I think my second run was faster but I'll never know. I'm pretty happy with that since most of my buddies were running high 14s with their GTs and it was my first time after all...

14.411 @ 82.37? Did you let off at the end of the track? That ET and the trap don't add up if you didn't :nut:

DonJuan
09-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I hope somone got a pic of my car (Red S14), hopefully in the burnout box, I need a new background.

I was getting absolutely shit runs until at least 11. Don't know why, I was actually hooking up better in the first couple runs. But the car dropped a good .4 of a sec by the time the track closed.

Wierd.

Loved the Roush. So many cars were breaking. The Vette at the end of the night that blew his tranny. Couldn't help but laugh.

NickGT
09-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

14.411 @ 82.37? Did you let off at the end of the track? That ET and the trap don't add up if you didn't :nut:

I might have... Can't remember I was to nervous hah! What should it be? How do you do the calculations?

http://members.shaw.ca/nickgt/profile/slip.jpg

Aleks
09-20-2008, 11:20 AM
82 mph is really slow for the time your ran. With that ET your trap should be in the mid 90 mph. Who knows if the timing system was working right...

vipstyle2
09-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Stupid clocks !
Errr arm drops suck, I left before they started up again. :banghead:

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Pictures coming.

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 01:27 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/evolize/IMG_5164-Edit-2.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/evolize/IMG_5163-Edit.jpg

Freebs
09-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Well as much as it was a gong show I think I am still going to try and make it out the last two nights... only got 2 runs in last night... one was an arm drop and the second run was clocked
13.5 @109mph... I personally was more than happy with that :P considering that was only my 2nd race ever...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6703/timeslip1ae5.jpg

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 02:36 PM
That blue sunfire had it out for you from the beginning Josh. Glad to see the new one working so well! Never seen a 13 second sunfire before lol.

Z_Fan
09-20-2008, 02:39 PM
The sunfire could run 12's with some practice and a decent set of tires. 2.3 60 ft for the lose. It's got MPH for mid 12's, so that's impressive.

Mr_ET
09-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I'll give you props for the performance and twin charging it but the exterior was ... unique

great night to spectate last night, tons of fast cars and tons of imports.

vadeit
09-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Had a lot of fun last night, first time at the track.

Ran a best of 14.339 @ 96.53

Bad launches and terrible reaction times though. Think the car might have a 14.0 in it, driver is the limiting factor though :D

Freebs
09-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
The sunfire could run 12's with some practice and a decent set of tires. 2.3 60 ft for the lose. It's got MPH for mid 12's, so that's impressive.
Thank you :D. Yea I had trouble hooking up 1st and 2nd... Next week I am going to try and lower the tire pressure a bit more... I had it at 30psi front, might try like 25psi next time. Also wasn’t taking it right to 7000rpm either. If I can get 12.9 I would be extremely happy. :( Just sucks I don’t have my Limited slip differential in right now..

That blue sunfire had it out for you from the beginning Josh. Glad to see the new one working so well! Never seen a 13 second sunfire before lol.
Yea, the blue one was lighter though, but oh well it was the one that started all this madness

Originally posted by Mr_ET
I'll give you props for the performance and twin charging it but the exterior was ... unique

great night to spectate last night, tons of fast cars and tons of imports.
Thank you

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 04:22 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/evolize/IMG_5196.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/evolize/IMG_5357.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/evolize/IMG_5410.jpg

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Time for me to get a nikon lol. I like to shoot in low light and this 20D just aint doing the trick :rofl:

euro_racer
09-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
82 mph is really slow for the time your ran. With that ET your trap should be in the mid 90 mph. Who knows if the timing system was working right...

haha thats pretty much as bad as my 14.2@79 mph, or 16.1@ 110mph (street tires, spun trough 1,2,3):P

nothing but problems for me, my car would get to the middle of the 1/4 and then just go into limp mode all night (no power respoce at all). did not get even one good run, i dont know what it is :banghead:

hey spraygun, do you have any pics of the black eg civic coupe? :D

88jbody
09-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Dave post up some more of your pics, maybe one or 2 of the charger spinning out too.

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Unfortunatly they don't sell 4.99 driving lessons for the guy in this charger lol.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/evolize/IMG_5207.jpg

SprayGUN
09-20-2008, 05:00 PM
http://evolizephoto.weebly.com/uploads/1/1/9/9/1199947/9258453_orig.jpg

NickGT
09-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Great pictures!

Ymerej472008
09-20-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah holy shit, that dude in the charger needs to leave the manji to the drifters on the oval....

88jbody
09-20-2008, 06:53 PM
To loose control with that little power (probably 350 at the wheels) the guy clearly can't drive and should have left the traction control, abs and all the other features invented for incapable drivers turned on

Dawson
09-20-2008, 08:10 PM
does anyone know how much it would cost to rent the track, We should find out and rent it , so we can do alot more runs

Freebs
09-20-2008, 08:17 PM
does anyone know how much it would cost to rent the track, We should find out and rent it , so we can do alot more runs
there is people doing this on the performance-shop web site and it was like $100 a person and i dont know exact number on how many people it was but I am sure thats alot considering its a pretty big site full of muscle car guys. but also that was for 2 days of racing..

Revhard
09-20-2008, 10:42 PM
That's a heads-up competition I would recommend that as many attend as possible. Those kind of events are a blast to participate in.
If I can get my act together in time, count me in.:thumbsup:

ge_forcez22
09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Josh, good trap man, next time out you will be into the 12's for sure, my Cavalier with 9psi around 250whp did 108 @ 13.3, on stock suspension and rubber, you will easily get into the 12's!!!

First time out I hit 13.7, and next time out did 13.4 13.6 then a 13.3, so couple more launches and your car will be smoking. Also if you need a hand getting that LSD in (TG???) just let me know, I can help you get it in.

Freebs
09-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by ge_forcez22
Josh, good trap man, next time out you will be into the 12's for sure, my Cavalier with 9psi around 250whp did 108 @ 13.3, on stock suspension and rubber, you will easily get into the 12's!!!

First time out I hit 13.7, and next time out did 13.4 13.6 then a 13.3, so couple more launches and your car will be smoking. Also if you need a hand getting that LSD in (TG???) just let me know, I can help you get it in.

:P thank you. Yea 1/4mile racing was never my strong point, I know this car can do 12s but I don’t know if I can get it there because it is hard to launch this car as I was only launching at about 2200rpm the other night and with the supercharger there spooling up the turbo so fast the tires just spin as soon as I lay into the gas even at low rpms. As for the LSD, I have it already in another transmission but something is screwed up with it and I have to send it back to Quaife, otherwise it could have the engine pulled out and new trany/engine back in just over a day :P done it once or twice but thank you for your offer.. You have any info/pics on your car? Just shoot me a PM if you do, defiantly interested in what you were running :P Also which track did you do your runs at?