PDA

View Full Version : Random logoff?

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Sometimes when I'm surfing, I get randomly logged off.

I'll be surfing a thread, change to the second page, and I'll be logged off. This has never happened to me before. I've gone months without logging back on.

I'm not clearing my cache, or my cookies. Cookies are enabled. Not deleting anything, nothing running in the background moving my shit on me. This happens on both my work pc, and my home pc.

There's no specific times it happens at, it's completely random.

Using FF3 on both machines.

Any ideas? At first I figured it was just you guys updating code and such, but it seems that it only happens to me..

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Yea, it STILL keeps happening...

dj_rice
09-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Maybe someone is logging into ur account from another computer

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Even when people log in, on another computer, you still stay logged in.

khtm
09-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Yep has been happening to me for a while now too. FF3 too.

Me thinks it's something to do with the cookies, like they're becoming invalid...

Definitely ANNOYING :cry:

kenny
09-20-2008, 02:16 PM
If you search on Google, there seems to be a huge problem with cookies being deleted by FF3. Some people have suggested deleting the cookies manually and let FF3 recreate the cookie files.

Tik-Tok
09-20-2008, 02:21 PM
One more reason I haven't switched to ff3 yet.

khtm
09-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by kenny
If you search on Google, there seems to be a huge problem with cookies being deleted by FF3. Some people have suggested deleting the cookies manually and let FF3 recreate the cookie files.
Yeah I've tried deleting the *beyond.ca cookies multiple times, but no luck.

The strange thing is that other forums I use in FF (like redflagdeals) don't have this problem. It ONLY happens with Beyond.

I'm pretty sure it also happened with FF2 a year or so again and then magically fixed itself.

toyboy88
09-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
One more reason I haven't switched to ff3 yet.

+1...still using FF2.

dj_rice
09-21-2008, 03:33 PM
No wonder, I asked a question similiar to this right after I installed FF3....:banghead: