PDA

View Full Version : Davenport the place to go for tuning LS6?

bigbadboss101
09-18-2008, 11:23 AM
I always have owned Imports and recently Euro. Now I have a
04 CTS-V and am thinking of getting a tune. Would you recommend Davenport?

Boosted_TL
09-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Toma (you can search his username) is a great tuner also, but Davenport is pretty reputable when it come to GM motors.

I love CTS-V's !!!!

3g4u
09-18-2008, 11:27 AM
I personally would not reccomend them.

2EFNFAST
09-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Davenport has always done a good job for me. Pricey, but good :thumbsup:

CTSV
09-18-2008, 11:40 AM
I have a couple of customers that have had them install magnachargers on an Avalanche and Hummer. They were very happy.
Let me know how it works out. I've been thinking of having them tune my V as well.

bigbadboss101
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeah I think I will drop by Davenport and talk tune on the weekend. I don't have mods, just UUC shifter, Magnaflow, and brakes. Don't want to spend much either. Just want to get it running best as it can.

Want to stop by Tunerworks and talk to Jay about tires, and may be remote starter.

Wrath
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Davenport knows LSX motors and Tuning better then any other place in Southern Alberta

Basic Tunes are not that bad price wise...They use LSX Edit and HP Tuners

Luke 96 T/A
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah.. I like Davenport... they did all the work on my car..
pricey, but good!

TurboZombie
09-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Luke 96 T/A
Yeah.. I like Davenport... they did all the work on my car..
pricey, but good!

What kind of work did you have done there?

Freebs
09-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Wrath
Davenport knows LSX motors and Tuning better then any other place in Southern Alberta

Basic Tunes are not that bad price wise...They use LSX Edit and HP Tuners

I wouldn’t quite say that... don’t get me wrong they are awesome at what they do and I plan on taking my 06 GTO to them once I get the twin snails bolted on but the guys at Campbell automotive in Edmonton know the LSx engines pretty good too.. 3.8L turbo Buicks are their specialty but Nolan defiantly knows how to get the most out of a car, he has tuned all of mine and my old mans cars.

But if your in calgary and you have a LSx engine and want tuning, I would take it to Davenport.

Casa
09-19-2008, 08:54 AM
they blew through an engine on a kid I know's Mustang. They had to rebuild the whole engine for him.

bigbadboss101
09-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Stopped by to take to the guy at Davenport. Friendly and helpful guy. Anyways will go in in a couple weeks to get tune.

CTSV
09-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Actually, Nolan at Campbell Auto in Edmonton has a 2005CTSV. So he should be good with it by now as well. If I was in Edmonton, I'd check them out. Nolan is on Cadillac forums as 10sec...something or other, can't remember.

Freebs
09-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by CTSV
Actually, Nolan at Campbell Auto in Edmonton has a 2005CTSV. So he should be good with it by now as well. If I was in Edmonton, I'd check them out. Nolan is on Cadillac forums as 10sec...something or other, can't remember.

yep and its supercharged to boot... his user name is probably 10sec typhoon or something like that since his typhoon runs 10s... but yea if I did have the choice of both (if nolan was in calgary) I would still go to him over daven port..

Originally posted by Casa
they blew through an engine on a kid I know's Mustang. They had to rebuild the whole engine for him.

was it on a dyno run? there is a fine line there between shops fault and owners fault... for all they know that engine could have been on its way out any way.

bigbadboss101
09-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow that is one crazy Sunfire!

I don't think I will do many mods. Just the tune, winter tires, and some minor stuff. There's no end to spending $ on mods. I spent a ton on my 01.5 S4 and decided to sell it before I spend every dollar in the bank.

Freebs
09-20-2008, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Wow that is one crazy Sunfire!

I don't think I will do many mods. Just the tune, winter tires, and some minor stuff. There's no end to spending $ on mods. I spent a ton on my 01.5 S4 and decided to sell it before I spend every dollar in the bank.

lol.....thanks...