PDA

View Full Version : Spy Shots: R35 V-spec GTR

jebbinksky
09-18-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/december-launch-for-nissan-gt-r-spec-v.html

Wow..look at those exhaust and wheels.. definately not ur ordinary GTR.

ZorroAMG
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I dunno, I love the performance and the looks are pretty cool but every time I see a new article or more pics, it is less and less special...

Kinda meh...

Rocky
09-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Godzilla indeed!

Toms-SC
09-18-2008, 07:32 PM
The care bank is empty

boxer23
09-18-2008, 07:52 PM
They already released info/speculation on the spec-v, 520hp and yah lightweight wheels which are the same on those pics

ThisPersian
09-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Even though they have become quite common, these cars are still a step forward and rather impressive

dino_martini
09-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I wonder how much weight they can take off the GTR. Its not a light weight. With less weight and more power, this car is going to be nuts.

FLARE
09-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Wheels arent very cool to me....

Sure do love the car though.

Kamen
09-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Nice.

I clicked on the link for the Ferrari California...wow...:hitit:

A790
09-18-2008, 11:49 PM
I wonder if the transmission is stronger... :poosie:

GTS Jeff
09-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I dunno, I love the performance and the looks are pretty cool but every time I see a new article or more pics, it is less and less special...

Kinda meh... That's the point of a GTR. It's not supposed to be special. Just look at all the toolbags rolling around in R32s nowadays.

Eleanor
09-19-2008, 09:12 AM
I could care less about the exhaust & wheels. How much weight did they save? The regular GT-R is a porker.

pinoyhero
09-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Wow, do they really need to do this already given they can't keep a reg. spec GTR in stock now, pretty awesome though.

treg50
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
I could care less about the exhaust & wheels. How much weight did they save? The regular GT-R is a porker.
A very agile and fast porker?

zachattack54
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by jebbinksky

Wow..look at those exhaust and wheels.. definately not ur ordinary GTR.

They change the whole look of the car. Way more aggresive!

-QA-
09-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by A790
I wonder if the transmission is stronger... :poosie:

same....i want to see this car in 6spd manual...none of that paddle stuff. Then and only then and if i had the money i would get one.

kdwebber
09-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by -QA-

same....i want to see this car in 6spd manual...none of that paddle stuff. Then and only then and if i had the money i would get one.

6 spd manual? you want the car to be slower? that just doesn't make sense to me :dunno:

blownz
09-29-2008, 01:05 PM
^ most people are not on a race track everyday where it makes enough of a difference that it really matters. Some people think it is a little more fun doing the work themselves rather than just stepping on the gas to go.

I would personally rather an old fashion manual myself. You just feel more connected to the car. Not to mention the extra 3-4k in savings wouldn't hurt either.

kdwebber
09-29-2008, 01:39 PM
fair enough I guess

However I like how Nissan is always looking for ways to make their cars perform better and lap faster. They are always looking to incorporate new technology and innovations into their designs which in my opinion keeps them a step ahead of their competition.

manual is slow and unreliable in my opinion, but I still love it

Eleanor
09-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by kdwebber
6 spd manual? you want the car to be slower? that just doesn't make sense to me :dunno:
It wouldn't be slower because you up the power and the tranny can take it, which the big fancy DSG in there right now can't.

600hp 6-spd > 475hp DSG

Ninja edit: Unreliable??!?!?!!?!?!? WTF are you smoking?

kdwebber
09-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

It wouldn't be slower because you up the power and the tranny can take it, which the big fancy DSG in there right now can't.

600hp 6-spd > 475hp DSG

Ninja edit: Unreliable??!?!?!!?!?!? WTF are you smoking?

unreliable in terms of missing a shift, easier to miss a shift in a manual, thats what I meant

thats a big assumption you are making about the DSG in there right now, I can guarantee the transmission in the V-spec will be strengthened/modified

Inzane
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Hmmm, needs more carbon faggor.

http://www.motorauthority.com/content/thumbs/2/0/2010_nissan_gtr_v_spec_spy_shots_sept_08_small-0918-636x360.jpg

Eleanor
09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
thats a big assumption you are making about the DSG in there right now, I can guarantee the transmission in the V-spec will be strengthened/modified
When did I make an assumption? :confused:

kdwebber
09-29-2008, 02:38 PM
you are assuming the transmission cannot take the upgraded power of the v spec. So far the r35 transmission has only failed after 20 or more hard launches in under 2500 miles

there is not data showing that the transmission cannot handle the power if you don't abuse it repeatedly, thus the assumption

89s1
09-29-2008, 02:43 PM
you are assuming the transmission cannot take the upgraded power of the v spec. So far the r35 transmission has only failed after 20 or more hard launches in under 2500 miles

there is not data showing that the transmission cannot handle the power if you don't abuse it repeatedly, thus the assumption

That car is manufactured to be abused.... They have found the fisrt problem. Call the first few owners "beta testers"

why drive a 100,000 sports car to work and back and never flatten the carpet under the noise pedal.

Are you drunk?

kdwebber
09-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

That car is manufactured to be abused.... They have found the fisrt problem. Call the first few owners "beta testers"

why drive a 100,000 sports car to work and back and never flatten the carpet under the noise pedal.

Are you drunk?

I'll give Elanor some credit at least he thinks about his arguments.

You however did not even read what I said. There is a difference between launching the car over and over and driving it hard. Clearly the transmission is having troubles with repeated launches, but so do the transmissions on lambos and ferraris

I'll say it again, there is no data showing transmission failures from hard driving as long as you don't launch it every day. Will Nissan fix this issue and improve the reliability of the transmission? yes. Does it mean that it has a weak transmission? No

403Gemini
09-29-2008, 04:37 PM

unreliable in terms of missing a shift, easier to miss a shift in a manual, thats what I meant

Isnt that the "sport" of driving a manual car though?

Any monkey can put their foot down, but when it comes to driver talent, id much rather see 2 people go at it in the same car with a manual transmission.

calstar
11-11-2008, 08:40 AM
http://www.motorauthority.com/spy-shots-2010-nissan-gt-r-spec-v-spotted-at-the-ring.html

Apparently the car could be revealed this month in Japan and cost twice as much as the standard GTR.

Inzane
11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by calstar
and cost twice as much as the standard GTR.

:rofl: :rofl:

962 kid
11-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I'll say it again, there is no data showing transmission failures from hard driving as long as you don't launch it every day. Will Nissan fix this issue and improve the reliability of the transmission? yes. Does it mean that it has a weak transmission? No

Nissan will fix it, sure (for the small one-time fee of 19 999.99 per tranny) :rolleyes: Since when did using an official feature constitute abuse? If using the transmission as it was designed to be used results in it self-destructing after 20 uses, then yes it's weak. It's just a shame that Nissan is using the owners as beta testers.

jsn
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
twice the price of a normal GTR?? I'd rather buy two normal GTR's than have 1 GTR vspec for the same price. That way I'll have a spare GTR for when the transmission craps out on me. ;)

alpha_gangsta
11-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by calstar
http://www.motorauthority.com/spy-shots-2010-nissan-gt-r-spec-v-spotted-at-the-ring.html

Apparently the car could be revealed this month in Japan and cost twice as much as the standard GTR.

uhh... so apparently after dealer markup and whatever bullshit, the Vspec could potentially cost in Porsche GT2, Gallardo LP560-4, Ferrari F430 and Aston Martin DB9 territory?

Fuck that noise... I know I'm not able to afford any of those, but if I could, I'd take any of the others versus the Vspec GTR. I personally don't care about "Ring times" anymore and I'm sure the other vehicles have a lot more to offer in the grand scheme of things.

Inzane
11-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by alpha_gangsta
and I'm sure the other vehicles have a lot more to offer in the grand scheme of things.

Not the least of which is decent LOOKS. ;)

Canmorite
11-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Do want. But with a better warranty.

95EagleAWD
11-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

Not the least of which is decent LOOKS. ;)

Like so. For CHEAP!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___ASTON-MARTIN-V8-VANTAGE-LOW-MILES_W0QQitemZ140279924270QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item140279924270&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1187|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

E36M3
12-02-2008, 05:31 PM
So do you really think that if you launch an F430 repeatedly with LC until the transmission blows up Ferrari will cover it?

Do you think that if you smash the brakes on a Porsche 911 Turbo at 150mph over and over again until they disintegrate they will cover it?

Do you think that if you pull 1.2G in a Dodge Viper ACR until the tires blow out that they will cover it?

Seems to me that these are all "official features" (launch control, brakes & steering), but the manufacturers probably won't cover abuse by people with no common sense.

Originally posted by 962 kid

Nissan will fix it, sure (for the small one-time fee of 19 999.99 per tranny) :rolleyes: Since when did using an official feature constitute abuse? If using the transmission as it was designed to be used results in it self-destructing after 20 uses, then yes it's weak. It's just a shame that Nissan is using the owners as beta testers.

jjmac
12-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
The care bank is empty

+1

chkolny541
12-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
So do you really think that if you launch an F430 repeatedly with LC until the transmission blows up Ferrari will cover it?

Do you think that if you smash the brakes on a Porsche 911 Turbo at 150mph over and over again until they disintegrate they will cover it?

Do you think that if you pull 1.2G in a Dodge Viper ACR until the tires blow out that they will cover it?

Seems to me that these are all "official features" (launch control, brakes & steering), but the manufacturers probably won't cover abuse by people with no common sense.

buhh ZZINGG

GTS Jeff
12-02-2008, 07:10 PM

Find me documentation of 430s blowing trannies after 15 launches. This problem with the GTR is so common, that it probably cannot be attributed to abuse.

E36M3
12-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Ferrari doesn't offer launch control on North American models because of the lack of common sense and litigious culture that this lack of common sense breeds. Try to find someone dumb enough to launch it 20 times and see what happens.

I didn't say a Ferrari F430 would blow after an exact number of launches, but I promise you that it will blow up if abused like the Nissan's were. In several road tests that I have read they have had problems with the cars after repeatedly using launch control.. take a look on Google if common sense alludes you.

It makes no sense for Nissan to reward morons but replacing a $20,000 transmission under warranty (in a $70k car which they are already losing money on) after the car has been thoroughly abused, it just doesn't make sense.

Show me a Nissan GTR which has not been abused by launch control with a failed transmission. I've got one in my garage with 7,000km and the transmission is strong and perfect, as I would expect it to be as it has not been abused.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Find me documentation of 430s blowing trannies after 15 launches. This problem with the GTR is so common, that it probably cannot be attributed to abuse.

962 kid
12-02-2008, 08:56 PM

From what I hear, the 430 transmissions only break when using slicks or bigger tires, or when the car has been modified. Either way, if someone broke one on a stock car, then hell yes it should be warranty.

Porsche shouldn't cover worn brakes, and Dodge shouldn't cover tires :dunno: Noone should, they're wear and tear items, you cannot possibly compare wearing out tires to breaking a transmission.

Go take out a PDK 911 and try to "abuse" it's gearbox. Once it's decided that you could do damage to it by by overheating it, it will just disable the feature. Wonder why Nissan didn't do that.

GTS Jeff
12-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Ferrari doesn't offer launch control on North American models because of the lack of common sense and litigious culture that this lack of common sense breeds. Try to find someone dumb enough to launch it 20 times and see what happens.

I didn't say a Ferrari F430 would blow after an exact number of launches, but I promise you that it will blow up if abused like the Nissan's were. In several road tests that I have read they have had problems with the cars after repeatedly using launch control.. take a look on Google if common sense alludes you.

It makes no sense for Nissan to reward morons but replacing a $20,000 transmission under warranty (in a $70k car which they are already losing money on) after the car has been thoroughly abused, it just doesn't make sense.

Show me a Nissan GTR which has not been abused by launch control with a failed transmission. I've got one in my garage with 7,000km and the transmission is strong and perfect, as I would expect it to be as it has not been abused.

Yeesh, why the strong bias towards the GTR?

The fact is, there are several threads on Beyond alone about the GTR's transmission problems. There isn't a single thread about the F430 having transmission problems. There's a reason we're all on about the GTR right now and not the F430. :dunno:

Edit: Reading pwns me, I see you own one. That explains it. :) So, I take it you won't be using launch control eh?