PDA

View Full Version : Your Valet

pwilliams
09-19-2008, 12:50 PM
My partner is driving my car which has a keyless entry system (Your Valet model 710T). He refuses to use it, preferring to use the key to unlock the car. This has resulted in the car flashing the lights on several occasions when he started the car. I think the best solution to this problem is to uninstall the keyless entry system. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

TYMSMNY
09-19-2008, 01:01 PM
take it to where it was installed and have it bypassed. You're in Alaska.. so I can't even recommend a place.

pwilliams
09-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks so much for the information. So you don't recommend that I try to do this myself? It was done at a Subaru dealer and I will get charged an outrageous hourly rate to get this done.

toastgremlin
09-19-2008, 02:32 PM
It sounds like a car alarm system (my Cavalier does the same thing), so maybe an alarm place can take care of it. Do you have any manuals/wiring diagrams for the system? Otherwise, I wouldn't try to tear into anything hooked into the ignition system.

topmade
09-19-2008, 02:37 PM
For newer model cars, the remotes work with the factory system that usually has an alarm, so you would be removing the alarm system if you do that. Teach him how to press the button to unlock/disarm the car. I know it's hard to push a button, but with a little guidance he should be able to learn.

pwilliams
09-19-2008, 02:53 PM
:D Okay, thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will have to show him the last post - which made me laugh.

Strugari
09-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Find the push button valet switch.
Turn the ignition on and then off.
Press and release the valet switch once.

This should place the unit in valet mode, hence no more flashing lights.:thumbsup: