PDA

View Full Version : Thanks goodness praise for OPP (reverse rant)

TomcoPDR
09-20-2008, 12:21 PM
This is just to balance out all the rant threads with LE law enforcement with tickets, mods, tint, speeding, etc...

So I was driving home, somewhere between Dryden towards Kenora (Ontario), passing through a town where you have to slow down from 90k --> 70k --> 60k --> 50k (and then back up)

It was around 7pm local time, and come on, most of these small towns are in bed by 6pm; a late night for them would be 9pm after watching law&order or csi. So on the first reduction, like I usually do let go of the accelerator once I cross the "arrow/speed#" sign, I think it's designed so that if you let go (of gas) by the time you reach the actual reduced speed limit sign, you'll be at that reduced speed. However, that's only if someone was to be going at the speed limit before the reduced speed.

Now, not admitting I was speeding, nor am I bragging nor encouraging "speeding"... but given perfect dried road conditions, driver experience, clear vision (no blind spots), etc... I think I was going at an approriate velocity. But for sake of arguement, the read out on my speedometer and a radar gun isn't exactly 100% calibred to syncronize, therefore, there'll always be a discrepancy between travel speed perception anyhow.

By the time I reached the 70k sign, there was an OPP officer on the opposite side gas station about to pull out traveling the opposite direction. For some reason we locked eyes, as I slowly and cautiously glanced in the rear view (sort of like staring at the sun in short bursts, or peeping into the woman's bathroom), a mile after, that dreaded moment finally materialize as he pulls his illegal U-turn in the middle of a highway. (without siren lights)

He toys with me from behind going through the 60 zone, 50 zone, then back up to 70 to 90, as he most probably realize at this point most civilian's sphincter will be tighter than any religiously promised virgins.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/0918081822.jpg

He pulls me over, I prepared myself by rolling up my T-shirt sleeves slightly to show my bicep muscles, picture Joey Lawrence in a wife beater. (this is the guy's version of cleavage; you never know he might be gay and I can use all the advantage possible)

He comes up very politely and well mannered, did his routine (what are you doing, where you going, etc...) I explained my travel, then he tells me all he pulled me over for was just to inform me that my right side brake lamp was blown :thumbsup:

Checked my registration, license, etc... Came back within 2 minutes and was about to send me on my way... but then he inquiried about my trade (my truck is registered under the company name)... it started out as honest helpful conversation; but then as I saw the mosquitos flying around his face, I just thought it'd be funny to keep him talking (this was near lakes, at 7ish pm)

Don't get me wrong, I was honest with him, and told him everything I could about my trade (he's never heard of it), how it's done, etc... but it was just funny watching him waving his hands in front of his face fanding off an army of mosquitos. Sort of like Smokey the bear with a swarm of bees; as the OPP do wear those Due South round hats.

Anyways, over all, he was a really nice guy, my age so many that helped. Very pleasant to deal with, he genuinely wasn't looking for his ticket quota even though it's that dreaded time of month.

Would definitely repeat again.

spikerS
09-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

He pulls me over, I prepared myself by rolling up my T-shirt sleeves slightly to show my bicep muscles, picture Joey Lawrence in a wife beater. (this is the guy's version of cleavage; you never know he might be gay and I can use all the advantage possible)

admit it, you were hoping he was gonna start singing "bow-chicka-wow-wow".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

88jbody
09-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I have had not too bad run in's with OPP, always got a ticket, but they were always good to deal with and never gave me any problems

when I was moving to Alberta I got stopped twice once at thunder bay, going down a hill got a clocked 25 over, knocked the ticket down to 18 or something giving me the benifit that it was a downhill so that stop was fair IMO

then near kenora as well pulled fro about 15-20 over but only got an exhaust ticket, my muffler pipe broke over a big bump in Montreal and wasn't going to waist 1/2 a day at a shop in ontario to get something fixed that I could do myself once I got here.

all in all they are fair but won't let you off most times.

waited untill they asked for the paper work before reaching for it, kept hands in sight untill they were at the window, I think the NB plate and my storey of moving to calgary for work must be a common one they hear.

95EagleAWD
09-20-2008, 04:38 PM
That 70-60-50 zone is Vermilion Bay. If you hang a right on 647 there, you'll drive by Blue Lake which is gorgeous, and if you keep going, hang a right at a Y junction you'll get to, cross the tracks and go down a few roads, you'll end up at my cottage on Canyon Lake.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/Lake%202007/DSC01160.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/Lake%202007/DSC01144.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/Lake%20Pics/cffcf953.jpg

Man, it's amazing what a small world it is. I've never been pulled over in The Bay, but I love Kenora. It's a great place to party, down by the lakeside.

88jbody
09-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Man, it's amazing what a small world it is. I've never been pulled over in The Bay, but I love Kenora. It's a great place to party, down by the lakeside. [/B]

but do the speed limit or you will get a ticket on the TCH! everyone I know who has driven it has gotten a ticket on the part of the TCH

TomcoPDR
09-20-2008, 04:41 PM

Man, it's amazing what a small world it is. I've never been pulled over in The Bay, but I love Kenora. It's a great place to party, down by the lakeside.

I stayed in Kenora that night, and then back home next day. I think Kenora's the Ontario of White Rock or Victoria.

95EagleAWD
09-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

I stayed in Kenora that night, and then back home next day. I think Kenora's the Ontario of White Rock or Victoria.

Kenora to Calgary is quite the haul.

I did Vermilion Bay to Edmonton in 15 hours. :D No tickets either.

Jlude
09-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by spikers

admit it, you were hoping he was gonna start singing "bow-chicka-wow-wow".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh you know Tom was wishing that was gonna happen.

Tom, you crack me up.

88jbody
09-20-2008, 04:58 PM

I did Saint John NB to Edmonton in 55 hours total, 2 drivers non-stop that was a long haul. then after 2 days decided to come to Calgary

Jlude
09-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by 88jbody

I did Saint John NB to Edmonton in 55 hours total, 2 drivers non-stop that was a long haul. then after 2 days decided to come to Calgary

I did Calgary to Saint John, NB in 52 hours, Myself driving.... in a small car.

TomcoPDR
09-20-2008, 05:08 PM

Well, seeing that I'm not a pretty boy searching for the finer things in life, I don't need no bidet or nothing.

Let's just say a little jar goes a long way shaving some driving time. Off to the bottle depot this one goes.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2390.jpg

Edit: I mean I still pull over to poop, don't get the wrong idea.

max_boost
09-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Oh you know Tom was wishing that was gonna happen.

Tom, you crack me up. Yeah man. Dude says the funniest shit all the time lol

Preslow
09-21-2008, 06:48 PM
haha the OPP aren't too bad..