PDA

View Full Version : lf: someone to chrome/repolish my exhaust

sh0ko
09-20-2008, 02:28 PM
my exhaust is getting pretty damn old... and dull.. anybody know where i can take it to get it repolished or even chromed (i dont really want to get it chromed tho)

im nto sure if it can repolish even....

heres a better picture of it right now

http://members.shaw.ca/Victa/IMG_0096.JPG

i love this exhaust to death and im almost ready to purchase a brand new one but of same type

however im sure its cheaper to get it repolished.. plz and ty :D

any help would b greatly appreciated

jvillain
09-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Before you can do any thing with it you would have to get all the dirt and any corrosion etc off of it. If you were to get it chromed you couldn't get use a commercial place where they dunk it in a tank. They do sell systems that electro plate stuff by putting a clamp on it and then using a wet sponge or some thing like that with a current going through it. My guess is it isn't very good.

Another option might be to get it ceramic coated with ceramicrome. On the cheap side you might me able to hit it with exhaust paint and get it to last a year or two as long as you don't drive it to late into the fall or bring it out to early in the spring.

mr2mike
09-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Just use some steel wool on it.

Redlyne_mr2
09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
polishing is the worst task ever

sh0ko
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Just use some steel wool on it.

tried that for hours on end and used all these compounds and wat not like i saw this guy instructed on mr2oc......didnt really help

i think ima just fork out the money for a new one and sell this one for mad cheap

Mista.2
09-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Mothers polish! :D worked really good on my exhaust. took a bit of time but it came out awesome :thumbsup:

Redlyne_jr
09-25-2008, 09:34 AM
get it ceramicoated?