PDA

View Full Version : wisdom teeth food

rockwolf2001
09-20-2008, 04:58 PM
so i recently got my wisdom teeth out and have been on the boring diet of pudding, jello (which is harder to eat than you think), and soup

right now im craving something different, so i want to ask fellow beyonders if you guys know of anything different you can eat with your wisdom teeth out

the tastiest thing i've eaten with them out is mashed potato...

boxer23
09-20-2008, 05:10 PM
you're not supposed to eat soup. its bad for the healing. Why not try eating iced cream?

picmerollin
09-20-2008, 05:14 PM
when i had this i was supplementing the soup, pudding and jello diet with ensure.

and my buddy who had his jaw wired swore by blended big macs, not my thing.

rmk
09-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Ignore the guy who said you can't eat soup. As long as it is cold, you will be fine.

Stick to what you eating/drinking now. Maybe throw in a protein shake for some flavor. It will be over soon enough :)

momofan
09-20-2008, 06:03 PM
milkshakes remember no sucking through straws, so just get yourself to Peters and use a spoon. yougurt, there is some good baby food as well. Really the plums are unbelievable. Mac and cheese?

and my first choice..beer, it has lots of calories and helps fight the pain cause I didn't take the pain killers they gave me.

If you go on Foodnetwork or google search cold soups there are lots.

dannie
09-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't know if you are game for something off-beat but, Gazpacho would work. Healthy, easy, cold and tasty

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/gazpacho-recipe/index.html

If you go on foodnetwork.com and search it, you might find an easier recipe than this one. Just blend it a little bit more than the recipe says

rockwolf2001
09-20-2008, 06:08 PM
hmmm blending big macs,
i might actually try that one

and the Gazpacho idea is exactly what im looking for! =)

hondachick
09-20-2008, 06:19 PM
When I had mine out, the blender was my best friend. I ate/drank a lot of fruit smoothies, you just have to eat it with a spoon! You can also eat veggies as long as you cook them long enough to get really soft. It's just like making food for babies! So the baby food idea is pretty good... to bad I didn't think of that when I got mine out!
Beer is probably not the best idea if your still on the drugs they gave you...

Doozer
09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Don't forget about applesauce... I kept eating it for dessert for like a month after my teeth healed. The sweetness was such a treat compared to almost everything else you're allowed to eat.

LongCity
09-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Rice congee!

badatusrnames
09-20-2008, 08:54 PM
I haven't had my wisdom teeth out, but when I had strep throat I stuck to yop (liquid yogurt), cottage cheese (good protein), and meal replacement drinks and a few other things that have already been mentioned.

Redlined_8000
09-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Raw eggs and OJ blended... pretty good actually. I went through about 12 eggs a day when i got mine out

em2ab
09-20-2008, 11:15 PM
I had all 4 of mine out, then drove home and ate a sandwich. :dunno: Wasn't bad at all.

GQBalla
09-20-2008, 11:48 PM
are you guys all serious???

im with em2ab.

i got mine out and ate kfc and rice 30 minutes after i got home.

ate solid food right away even though it took me a bit to eat

nonlinear
09-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by em2ab
I had all 4 of mine out, then drove home and ate a sandwich. :dunno: Wasn't bad at all.

yea, when i had mine out, i was smoking cigs the same day LOL

I didn't really take any special precautions with food... I just made sure to chew with the front of my mouth and swallow carefully so you don't scrape the blood clots out of your holes LOL

but seriously, if pain isn't an issue, just try eating your normal foods but chewing at the front of your mouth

FiveFreshFish
09-21-2008, 11:22 AM
http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Search/2030bs.jpg

pinoyhero
09-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Get some muscle milk and make a meal replacement shake with it, get some nutiruients and enjoy

malcolmk14
09-22-2008, 09:00 AM
small pasta like tortellini or rotini with small bits of chicken.

it took me about a week till i was able to eat solid food again after mine.

civiclvr
09-25-2008, 11:27 AM
When I got all mine out, I was ok, but my cousin had a lot of issues.
Baby food, smoothies and frozen peas were great for her, but the real food she could eat and really enjoyed (now she's addicted) is Indian food. A lot of lentil dishes are small, easy to swallow and tasty. usually in a heaping amount of sauce too. I foget the name but some yellow lentil dish was the best.
It'll also help you stay regular if you are on some of the heavier pain medication.

lelalong
09-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by LongCity
Rice congee!

+1 My first thought....

cityhunter2501
09-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
are you guys all serious???

im with em2ab.

i got mine out and ate kfc and rice 30 minutes after i got home.

ate solid food right away even though it took me a bit to eat

haha same here, the next day I had a wedding to attend.
had med-rare steak, steamed vegetables, cake and BBT :rofl: