PDA

View Full Version : So I'm in manhatten

Supa Dexta
09-20-2008, 05:31 PM
..And driving an extended cab chev around.. haha..

.. You hear stories about how busy this place is, but it's unreal! I wish I had more time, I'm just here for the day/night though.. So I'm going to have to come back again sometime... And fly in.. Having a vehicle here is retarded.. Everyone bumps into one another, the roads are nuts... And I've never heard so many people blasting car horns for no real reason non stop like this..

:nut:

frozenrice
09-20-2008, 05:33 PM
They're probably honking because they like your rebel flag and gun rack in the back window........

Jlude
09-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
They're probably honking because they like your rebel flag and gun rack in the back window........

haha no doubt.

rmk
09-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

QFT

Supa Dexta
09-20-2008, 06:06 PM
HA I don't have that truck with me.. It's still in Connecticut, Will grab it on my way back north... Its even bigger then the truck I'm driving here. One now is my parents ext cab short box, and mine is 4 door long box.

TomcoPDR
09-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
and mine is 4 door long box.

Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa

Put that in the "you know you're a Calgarian when..." thread

dannie
09-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I would NEVER drive in Manhattan. I thought we were gonna get hit when we were in a cab; nevermind driving myself. Outta curiosity, what are you doing in Manhattan? Its one of my favorite cities

Supa Dexta
09-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I was going to connecticut anyways for the new truck, so my sister lives in NYC and has a vespa scooter... She hasn't been using it, so she wants me to take it back to NS when I go.

I mean I've been in every big city in canada, but I've never seen anything like this before. The driving is insane.

dannie
09-20-2008, 06:15 PM
If she lives in a decent area, Lucky her. If she doesn't I feel sorry for her. Its too bad you arent there longer, there is so much to do and see there. Oh well... good luck with the drive home.

Supa Dexta
09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Trying to remember the area.. Its like 30ish and 2nd ave or so.. She's an accountant, so not a bad joint. I'm gonna fly down next summer I think.

dannie
09-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Good deal then!

trevh
09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Pictures of your sister?

88jbody
09-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_boy
Pictures of your sister?
stole the words right out my mouth

4AGE
09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_boy
Pictures of your sister?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LOL

max_boost
09-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah NYC is a busy busy busy place but I love it. It's awesome.

Too bad you don't have more time to spend there. Anyway, people get upset about getting honked at, you will get honked at every time you get in the car! There's nothing like NYC rush hour, it took me two hours to get to the airport from Manhattan to Newark. :eek:

em2ab
09-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Ya they use the horn like crazy but it's not what you think. There's so many rapid lane changes and lane splitting going on that people use the horn every few seconds just to let people know they're coming up next to them and for the other person not to do any quick lane changes. It's not pissed off horn blaring, most of them are simple acknowledgments. It's actually illegal to do that in the city under the noise pollution laws. I was very surprised to see that when I lived there.

Supa Dexta
09-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh I'm not at all worried about the horns, I could care less, even if it is at me... I just mean the shear amount of horns going off is crazy. Sirens as well.

..But there is some pretty stupid times too.. Like when traffic is at a standstill for as far as you can see ahead of you, wtf do they think they are going to get when you're all just parked there. :nut:

People watching is pretty nuts too.. Theres some fuckin whackadoo's around here alright.
:rofl: Pile of tail around here too.

max_boost
09-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah the honking was in reference to buddy here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/233730/dear-black-integra-on-memorial/

Despite all the craziness, in my 3 weeks there over the past 2 summers, I'm surprised I didn't see one accident lol Especially in Times Square, people just don't give a shit there haha NYC drivers for the most part, have mad skills. Your typical Calgary driver couldn't hack it even if they tried hahaha

Godfuader
09-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yeah the honking was in reference to buddy here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/233730/dear-black-integra-on-memorial/

Despite all the craziness, in my 3 weeks there over the past 2 summers, I'm surprised I didn't see one accident lol Especially in Times Square, people just don't give a shit there haha NYC drivers for the most part, have mad skills. Your typical Calgary driver couldn't hack it even if they tried hahaha
Love driving thru times square. It is remarkable how on a 2 lane section you can have 4 cars side by side. There is no concept of indicators. You see an opening....HONK....slam on the gas and get in. You have more near-misses, cut-offs, and honking in 2 hrs of driving in Manhattan than you have in Calgary over 5 years. :nut:

soupey
09-21-2008, 12:09 PM
i hate it.

haha the initial ooo wow so cool thing kinda wears off after a month or so of being here. altho its always cool to see random things u'd never see in canada/calgary.