PDA

View Full Version : ebay advice: dealing with scammer buyers

szw
09-21-2008, 09:10 AM
I haven't really used ebay at all since 2003 and I recently logged in again to sell something. The first item sold but the buyer didn't pay, not a scam, just a deadbeat. Right away I knew he wasn't paying but I had to wait a week before I could take the first step and another week before I could take another step in getting my account refunded. Its been over 2 weeks and the process is still not done yet.

I decided to list it again and this time it sold via buy it now, but it is definitely a nigerian scam

"Greetings to youI am Mrs Ellen Thomas from Orlando, Fl ,US.I'm contacting you concerning your item on Ebay which i eventually became the winning bidder for your item.i'm presently serving our beloved nation in Germany with the United Nation and i intend sending this item to my son who works with the American Embassy in Nigeria as a visa Officer.So i will like you Ship the package via USPS 6 to 10 DAYS Express Mail International Shipping to Nigeria and also get back to me with the payment invoice

I would like to have the item shipped to the address below:
KUNLE THOMAS
1,TONADE STREET
100001 IKEJA
Nigeria"

So...Does anybody have any experience dealing with these? Its a pain in the ass and I want to tell ebay to just cancel my account and I'm not paying any fees. (the only fees I owe them are for these two listings).

Also do you think its reasonable that I request all of my fees to be removed?

eblend
09-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I think they have something where they credit your account for the listing fees if shit like this happens, i remember it as I had an issue similar like 3-4 years ago and they credited my account the listing fees so i just relisted for free

legendboy
09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
i don't understand, if the buyer pays you, and pays for shipping who cares??

szw
09-21-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm not getting paid, but now I owe ebay $100 in fees. They will eventually remove the Final Value Fees, about $50, but the website says they don't refund the $50 in listing fees (i bought feature stuff).