PDA

View Full Version : US Green Card

BigMass
09-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Anyone know of an immigration lawyer that can handle my application process?

Does anyone have any experience applying for a green card or work visa in the US?

I am considering moving to the US for family reasons and potentially staying there. I’m going to need advise on medical insurance, CPP when I retire and tax issues. Is there someone in Calgary that deal with this kind of stuff?

Thanks

DRKM
09-22-2008, 10:27 AM
My momma just moved to Florda two months ago and it was a very long and expensive process.

There are several immigration lawers in calgary. I can not remember the one we used... Shit. Anyway there are wuite a few. But be prepared to shell out some cash. The states is the most expensive country to immigrate to.

rc2002
09-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah, they don't make it easy to get in. Everyone I speak to who has immigrated to Canada tried to immigrate to the US first but got turned down.

Luckily for the taxpayers, Canada opens it's doors to pretty much everyone.

Spoons
09-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Yeah, they don't make it easy to legally get in. Everyone I speak to who has immigrated to Canada tried to immigrate to the US first but got turned down.

Luckily for the taxpayers, Canada opens it's doors to pretty much everyone.

Fixed. :thumbsup:

Never the less, I tried to do it when I was 18, way to painful of a process so I gave up. Kind of glad I didn't end up doing it.

BigMass
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
i'm married to a US citizen so that automatically qualifies me for a green card as far as i'm aware.

Tik-Tok
09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Don't go to Sherritt Greene.

Personal bias.