PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Broken XBOX 360

P. Daddy Pedro
09-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Looking to pickup a broken xbox360 for next to nothing. DVD-ROM drive must work. Ring of death is ok. Please pm if you have you would like to get rid of.

Aragorn_ii
09-22-2008, 10:51 AM
there a particiular dvd-rom that you're looking for?.....got a hitachi and Toshiba/Samsung.....

Let me know

Thanks

P. Daddy Pedro
09-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Not entirely sure, haven't had a chance to open mine up yet.
I'm assuming that these drive aren't interchangeable between the model types?

takkyu
09-22-2008, 03:40 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/235049/fs-rrod-xbox/

P. Daddy Pedro
09-24-2008, 09:22 AM
alright guys, so I opened up my 360 and found that the DVD drive I need is an HL (Hitatchi) drive. This is the only reason I want a broken xbox so that I can swap out the screwed up drive. If anybody has a broken one they want to sell me please call me 403-880-6758. Will buy today.

YamahaV8
09-24-2008, 11:51 AM
you might wanna look it this more .. I dont think you can just swap drives . even if they are the same .

Im pretty sure that the drive is linked the the motherboard at manufature , through the bios etc

let me know what you find out

Aragorn_ii
09-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by YamahaV8
you might wanna look it this more .. I dont think you can just swap drives . even if they are the same .

Im pretty sure that the drive is linked the the motherboard at manufature , through the bios etc

let me know what you find out

Yamaha is correct, each DVD drive is keyed to the motherboard that it is mated with, the only way that you can fix the messed dvd-rom is to spoof it....by taking the dvd key (ie: firmware) from your hitachi and put it onto an other drive ie: samsung or another hitachi

seems easy enough from what I've read, if you need help with this, I maybe able to assist, I've read that the hitachi drives need a via sata chipset in order for this to work

just look up hitachi spoofing or hitachi - toshiba/samsung swapping

PM sent regarding necessary info

Greek Wizard
09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
spoofing is easy, provided you have the right hardware.

I built a computer dedicated for this reason only now since I needed it a while back.

You don't need a Hitachi to replace a Hitachi.

I recommend a Samsung, or a benq.

blazzer
09-27-2008, 12:57 PM
how much would u pay for one in perfect condition but just has wring of death

teknical
09-28-2008, 01:18 PM
if it has the rrod then its not in perfect condition is it :rolleyes:
I'm also looking for one, there was one on here earlier for 40 bucks, not sure if it's still around.