PDA

View Full Version : 08/09 Official Edmonton Oilers THREAD!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kimchee
09-22-2008, 10:46 AM
It's about that time again....Oil Hockey!

I for one am really really looking forward to this season! We got rid of some baggage and acquired some fantastic talent in Cole, Visnovsky.... and even Brule, Strudwick.

I really hope MacT gives Schremp a chance to crack the line up for one final chance...if not, i hear Eberle is looking good.

here are the line ups i am predicting:

Cole/Horcoff/Hemmer
Nillson/Gagner/Cogliano
Penner/Pisani/Moreau
Schremp/Brodziak/Stortini

Souray/Visnovski
Gilbert/Grebeshkov
Staios/Smid

Garon/Roli

there is alot of excitement and enthusiam in the Oil locker room and mgmt is expecting big things....and so am i...many analysts are predicting the oilers to not only make the playoffs, but contecnd for the NW title....

THOUGHTS!

mac_82
09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Edmonton has a lot of question marks around it this year.

Can Horcoff, Souray, Visnovsky, and Cole stay healthy and play more than 60 games each?

How will the 3 goalie situation work out? (Garon, Roloson, and Deslauriers). Deslauriers can't be sent to the AHL without clearing waivers.

Can the Oilers do better than 13-16-3 against the NW division? Maybe less divisional games will help.

Edmonton will have to be better than .500 on the road this year to make the playoffs.

The Oilers won 15/19 Shoot-outs. Garon went 10-0. Without those extra points they were out of the playoffs by a mile. Even Garon has stated it will be near impossible for him to duplicate that this year.

jeremyn
09-22-2008, 12:18 PM
:whocares:
:goflames:

gonefishing
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Edmonton has a lot of question marks around it this year.

Can Horcoff, Souray, Visnovsky, and Cole stay healthy and play more than 60 games each?

How will the 3 goalie situation work out? (Garon, Roloson, and Deslauriers). Deslauriers can't be sent to the AHL without clearing waivers.

Can the Oilers do better than 13-16-3 against the NW division? Maybe less divisional games will help.

The Oilers won 15/19 Shoot-outs. Garon went 10-0. Without those extra points they were out of the playoffs by a mile. Even Garon has stated it will be near impossible for him to duplicate that this year.

We have lost more man games in the last 2 years than i can remember. I just can't see it happening 3 years in a row. If we can stay healthy we will be very competitive.

This year will be Garon's chance to prove if he's a #1 or not. If he faulters I still believe Rollie still can win his fair share of games and last year was just a off year for him.

During the off season no team in the NW improved more than the Oilers.

Van - got worse
Cal - side ways moves
Min - got worse
Col - got worse

Yes we did get alot of points in the S/O at the beggining of last season cause our offence was struggling but whos to say that we will even let games get to the shootout this year as our offence is looking much better with the emergence of the young guns and our off season additions

civicrider
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
there's only one right prediction for the Oilers this year

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/cherrieblossoms/oilers_losers.gif

dj_rice
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by civicrider

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/cherrieblossoms/oilers_losers.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :werd: :thumbsup:

analbumcover
09-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by civicrider

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/AlbertoA/Sports/FlamesSUCK.jpg

dude you're a fucking troll, get the fuck out of here

DJ_NAV
09-22-2008, 02:13 PM

oilers will miss the playoffs once again.

oilerfan4lyfe
09-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I think we'll be just fine this year - hard to imagine we'll have to face as many injuries as we've had to the last two years...

Definately looking forward to seeing what the kids can do - I really think MacT will start them together as the 2nd line this season. Horc and Hemmer can take out the best d-men on the other team, and the kids can prosper :)

Kimchee
09-22-2008, 04:01 PM
agreed, i think we have 3 lines that we can roll, night in and night out....our goaltending and defense are issues that will make or break our season....

garon will have to prove himself as a #1, but with roli trying to contend for the #1 spot, is good for the team...healthy competition.

we have a gifted group of Defenseman...however, we don't really have any hard nosed defenders...we have many offensive defenseman, not enough defensive defenseman....i hope smid, grebs and gilbert can continue on from last season...

i have high hopes for the oilers this season!!! should be an entertaining one!

anyone heading to any pre-season games? im going to the oil/flames on Oct 3...

95EagleAWD
09-22-2008, 10:59 PM
If that's how he's going to play all year, Schremp better not crack the lineup. He played like shit tonight.

Gagner looked great. That shorty was spectacular.

Spoons
09-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow, come on I am an Oiler fan and I don't go trolling the fucking flames talks... Either you talk Oilers or get out.

I think we actually might do decent this year... We had a fast team last year, but not as much for experience... now we got both.

Kimchee
09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
we are fo sure a better team this year!....sounds like Souray had a huge game last night.... 1 goal, 1 assist, 4 hits (1 huge hit too), 2 blocked shots....good for him, we need him healthy this year...

oilerfan4lyfe
09-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah we played pretty decent last night...Schneider in net for Van was really, really good. BTW incase people didn't know it was steaming on the Oilers website - was also on SN Pacific but it was blacked out here on Shaw.

Little disappointed with how much of our real roster we had playing to not destroy the Nucks, but it's just preseason I guess :)

civicrider
09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

dude you're a fucking troll, get the fuck out of here

oh sorry master, i will listen to you because you are so cool, with your questionable fascination with the anus.....

as well you would need to switch oilers to flames in order for your edit to work.

dr_jared88
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
For you blackberry bold users that want on oilers background, heres one I cropped to fit.

Atriux
09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by gonefishing

During the off season no team in the NW improved more than the Oilers.

Van - got worse
Cal - side ways moves
Min - got worse
Col - got worse

You're forgetting Edmonton had no where to go but up ;)

95EagleAWD
09-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Atriux

You're forgetting Edmonton had no where to go but up ;)

We finished ahead of Minnesota last year.

zhulander
09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Minnesota won the division :dunno:

SneakyNeek
09-27-2008, 06:12 PM
im loving are top line. cole was a nice fit in there

Atriux
09-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by zhulander

Minnesota won the division :dunno:

He's forgetting his nhl07/nhl07 dynasty doesn't count in real life ;)

PGTze
09-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Haha what? You must play for the Red Wings or Sharks then.

EvolutionI
09-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Go Oilers. Can't wait for the season to start, even if they haven't looked that great in the preseason.

95EagleAWD
09-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Haha, nope... Just looking at the wrong year.

:(

Atriux
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
pretty good game :facepalm:

jeremyn
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
roloson sucks
d.d. played good as backup
but still.......

ps luongo is now the new captain for the canucks :nut:

gonefishing
10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
what a horrible pre-season so far. hopefully we give a better effort tonight... Now with Katz as the owner i think he will want to see results and if we get off to a slow start to the regular season how many games do think MacT will get before he gets canned? I say he'll get 30 - 40 games to produce.

LETS GO OILERS!

Kimchee
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
its a tough start to our schedule with 12/15 games on the road!!!!

we may be playing catch up until x-mas if this goes sour!!!....lets hope not....first game of the season for the oilers this sunday vs the avalanche....we have some toughness on our roster now with McIntyre, Strudwick and Stortini!

to bad for brule, schremp....they'll be the first ones up barring any injuries....

GO OILERS!!

gonefishing
10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Smid down to 7th to start season, Struds will start as 6th dman

oilerfan4lyfe
10-09-2008, 04:43 PM
^^ Hmm interesting...I've always been a big Smid supporter...really hated that they sent him down to start the year last season. I'm assuming once Laddy gets his game together in practice he'll be drawing back in.

If we got Strudwick in the lineup though I'm assuming MacIntyre and Stortini aren't as needed...maybe it'll give Robbie a legit chance to either show he belongs in the NHL or demonstrate that he's a life-long AHL star.

jonnycat
10-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Man I hope we have a better season, now they've had time to heal.

BigWill
10-09-2008, 05:25 PM
OILERS SUCK... thats all
:closed:

jonnycat
10-14-2008, 03:46 PM
ah well at least we have a tick in W column.

don2x
10-16-2008, 01:10 AM
2-0 for the oilers... not too shabby...

I'm somewhat concern about our lack of experience in the face off. Yes we've won both games so far but in both games, we were dominated in the face off. Hope they get better soon..

Doozer
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Although I haven't been happy with how Edmonton has been a little hurting in some of the game stats, I've been very happy with how they've been able to hang on to win these games.

Garon has been a game-saver in these first 2, and that's something Edmonton hasn't had in a goaltender in a while. Also, it's nice to show that the team can defend a small lead, which is also something they've been weak on.

If they can win games where they're outshot and 'outfaceoffed', then I'm liking their chances when they lead in both those catagories!

C4S
10-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Good thing is .. they won both games .. barely ..

Bad thing is .. still a bit lack of offence/SOG .. with that many talented players now, no reason to do less then 30SOG ..

Even worse is .. lots of bad pass/blind pass, and a bit running around on the defence side ..face off has been terrible .. however, Garon has been great!

However, better part is .. they will only do better and better ... remember, they are still damn young ...

I would like to see Hemsky play more .. it seems he only played few mins in both games .. :dunno: may be .. G McT wants the kids line to play more now?? hopefully Hemsky will play more for next 2 games .. and they will all do better .. :D

Faceoff .. Faceoff .. I miss Stoll now .. :(

gonefishing
10-18-2008, 02:24 AM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: UNDEFEATED BABY

C4S
10-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Don't be too happy ... all 3 games .. we barely won .. (I take it! compare to last yr .. many games .. we barely lost.)

However, Flames didn't play that well at all (somehow, Bertuz played very well, I guess he fits into the flames ROUGH system)

Jeff was ok, a bit shaky in first 2 pierods ....

I start worrying about Souray .. :(

SneakyNeek
10-18-2008, 01:48 PM
W00t! OIL

oilerfan4lyfe
10-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Souray's apparently got a charliehorse...not too bad - won't play tonight but might be back for next game...at least it's not a separated shoulder.

Spoons
10-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by BigWill
OILERS SUCK... thats all
:closed:

Seriously go troll somewhere else. I love going to Flames Games with an Oilers jersey on and see Flames fans just make total idiots of themselves.

Great game last night. Both teams came out to play, but the better team won. I was in the sport check zone, got to sit way up high with the rowdy flames fans... the dumb ones that will try and fight you...

don2x
10-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Sweet. Swept the flames. Just to think of it, we haven't even seen them play their best yet... Can't wait to see when that happens...

Spoons
10-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Anyone else going to the leafs game? I'm simply going because I haven't seen them for awhile, but I am still wearing an Oilers jersey when I'm there hahaha

gonefishing
10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Huge test for the boys as 10 of the next 11 on the road. hopefully they will come back with a .500 record or better on this road trip :D

shane
10-20-2008, 03:41 PM
:whocares: :whocares: :whocares: :whocares: :whocares: :whocares:

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

oilerfan4lyfe
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
^^^ Seriously why do these people even bother? Are they not bright enough to figure out that this might be an Oilers thread?

Anyways...looks like Souray and Gagner are both day-to-day - hopefully both will be back for Chicago on Wednesday. As fishing mentioned, gunna be a tough stretch here. Hopefully Garon keeps playing awesome and our boys pullout some wins on the trip.

We definately have to start playing more consistent though.

Atriux
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe
^^^ Seriously why do these people even bother? Are they not bright enough to figure out that this might be an Oilers thread?

Anyways...looks like Souray and Gagner are both day-to-day - hopefully both will be back for Chicago on Wednesday. As fishing mentioned, gunna be a tough stretch here. Hopefully Garon keeps playing awesome and our boys pullout some wins on the trip.

We definately have to start playing more consistent though.

Yeah the people who do that are annoying, but you guys do come into the flames thread as well..

C4S
10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Good game on Sunday, well.. a terrible first pierod .. but nice come back! (give credit to Flames for their first pierod rush too)

Garon was solid, Pasani line was great .. would like to see more effort from the Top Hemsky line!

Even without Sam and Souray, they were still playing not bad!

Good to see the Oilers is getting better and better on each game! We have depth! :thumbsup:

Um .. however, I really don't know why, seem like we are hving more back to back game then any one else?? :dunno:

oilerfan4lyfe
10-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Atriux

Yeah the people who do that are annoying, but you guys do come into the flames thread as well..

If we come into the Oilers forum and do the same thing then we're just as bad...

I've got no problems with Flames fans coming in here and contributing an opinion...even if it's one that is negative towards the Oilers - but I'd expect more than just :whocares: :whocares: :whocares: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

If I went into the Flames forum I'd at least support my points in some way instead of just shitting on the thread

gonefishing
10-22-2008, 02:28 PM
On the Oilers message board rumour has it that Rollie will get the start tonight. People are saying it is so that the Oilers can showcase him for a possible trade. If he does play then hopefully he gives a big performance and then someone will offer us more than a bag of pucks.

Gagner is back but Souray still out one more game

Atriux
10-22-2008, 04:51 PM

If we come into the Oilers forum and do the same thing then we're just as bad...

I've got no problems with Flames fans coming in here and contributing an opinion...even if it's one that is negative towards the Oilers - but I'd expect more than just :whocares: :whocares: :whocares: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

If I went into the Flames forum I'd at least support my points in some way instead of just shitting on the thread

And I've said it before, the people who go into either thread and do it are morons. I'm just saying, it does happen both ways.

Doozer
10-22-2008, 05:26 PM
And I think it's a PPV tonight? Not sure if I want to shell out for a PPV against Chicago, especially this early in the season....

95EagleAWD
10-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
And I think it's a PPV tonight? Not sure if I want to shell out for a PPV against Chicago, especially this early in the season....

Just go to a bar. It's wings night everywhere.

lil*tymer
10-23-2008, 11:28 PM
WTF two horrible games in a row. Where are our legs, we looks so slow right now.

oilerfan4lyfe
10-24-2008, 12:49 PM
^^ Agreed - yikes...horrible break with the stupid linesman yesterday though - all he had to do was stand outside the blue line...or lift his stupid foot.

Regardless, the 1st line for us has been absolutely horrible - MacT's gotta figure something out so that our 1st line starts producing consistently every game...almost all of the pts Horc, Hemmer, and Cole have are because of powerplay goals.

That being said, we're still 5th in the conference, 2nd in our division and we're 4-2. It's not like the sky is falling or anything.

Tomorrow against Van is going to be huge - if we can beat them in their own house it outta provide quite the boost. I'd definately expect MacT to pull out his wheel of lines and start spinning though - maybe it's time to put Penner back with Horc and Hemmer and mix Cole in with the kids.

SetoJai
10-25-2008, 11:39 PM
oilers got a good young core, i especially like cogliano and hemsky. but what can i say i am a canucks fan....

bobby_lu
10-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SetoJai
oilers got a good young core, i especially like cogliano and hemsky. but what can i say i am a canucks fan....

:thumbsup: Good bounce back game for the canucks

gonefishing
10-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Geez what a difference a week makes :banghead:

oilerfan4lyfe
10-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Yup - yikes...

Well we knew it would be a tough start - if we finish November at .500 I'll be a happy camper - then hopefully our boys can pick it up playing at Rexall.

gonefishing
11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
WOW 2 highlight reel goals by Hemsky. I wish he would play like he did yesterday more often. The team as a whole looked good the last couple of games especially the Moreau/Pisani/Cole line. But the PK needs to improve big time. i think we are last in the league so far.

calgarygts
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
That was a fun weekend of oilers hockey...those two hemsky goals were pretty rediculous. It was nice to see Penner pot one, even if it was kinda lucky timing.
But man that penalty killing! They've got to stop taking penalties or step up that part of their game, philly should never have been in the game after that first period and first half of the second. Ah well, 2 more points!
Good job by roli on the two wins and a great game against boston, hopefully he's getting some interest in the league.

USHER
11-06-2008, 08:16 PM
not a oiler fan but this is a crazy game

gonefishing
11-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Holy Hemsky!!!!!!!!! Lovin how he's been scoring highlight reel goals this past week. Hopefully he has hit his turning point and becomes the elite player we all know he can be.

oilerfan4lyfe
11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah he's been a real bright spot this season - a point per game like we know he can be.

Horcoff's been a real disappointment this far though - with the amount of money he's making he's gotta start producing.

Little surprised with how rocky our goaltending has been this season but hey you know, at the end of November if someone told me we'd be at .500 I'd be pretty happy since it seems like every game we play is on the road. The boys are well on their way to having that .500 record so once this month finally ends hopefully they can turn it up a notch playing on home ice and climb up those standings.

Doozer
11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
They've played 14 games so far, 11 have been on the road, and they're still better than .500.

Even with that nasty 5 or 6?-game losing streak in the middle.

That's not bad - considering they have games in hand on everyone in the division except Minny.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they play once they get home. Better keep up the intensity and not expect to coast, because a lot of teams can get a nasty surprise at home after a long road trip. Don't let me down guys!

C4S
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
What I see ... their problem is .. they still not playing "stable"

Good sign is, hemsky is playing well lately, but still many blind pass .. (it is so hard to catch up with hemsky, you never know his next step .. lol)

Sam G is still dreaming, he plays ok .. but you can tell, he is trying to make fansy play as Hemsky .... if he is going to play more simple, shoot more .. he will get some points!

It is good or bad .. when they lead .. they can still blow the game away .. and they were trailing .. even 5-0 .. they can "Almost" come back .. so .. they have potential ...

I would say, I expect "MORE" from Oilers this year so far, even they won few games .. but they barely won them ...

Well .. but only 14 games .. and mostly on road .. it is always tough, to start so many games on the road!

:eek:

Another question now ... who will be the goalie ?? Rollie played few solid games, Garon has not been as good as last yr ... Jeff seems playing better and better .. ( no doubt, he will be the goalie in couple year .. )

Anyway .. go oilers go !!! :)

gonefishing
11-14-2008, 03:52 PM
This team so damn frustrating to watch. Pieces are in place but MAC T has to go. Time for a new voice behind the bench :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

oilerfan4lyfe
11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
^^ I agree - with MacT this team seems like it won't ever be better than just mediocre - it's very frustrating.

gonefishing
12-01-2008, 09:20 AM
good weekend for the OiL even though we only got 1 win. I can accept a loss if the boys played as hard as they did yesterday. I think this will be the make it or break it week for MacT.

oilerfan4lyfe
12-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah but it's still so frustrating to be such a bad team...I thought the reason we went through two years of "rebuilding" garbage was so we could compete for a division title this year...

I'm hoping you're right in that it might be make or break for MacT...but I doubt it - the people upstairs don't seem to be capable of blaming him for anything.

Dallas on Wednesday is going to be ridiculously difficult as it always is...Friday in LA is winnable...and Saturday against San Jose - all I can say is yikes to that game. Could be a really embarassing game on National TV for our boys...though they seem to actually come out and try a little bit against the best teams so who knows.

oilerfan4lyfe
12-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Wow beating the best team in the NHL in their own house...this is more like the team I expected...minus the fact that they got absolutely obliterated in every aspect of the game minus the scoreboard - but hey the scoreboard is what counts :)

I wish we didn't have such a long layoff before our next game because we're on a nice roll but hopefully we can keep it up - HUGE month for us with all the home games to do well and get back near the top of the NW or at the very least in a comfortable playoff spot

S13_Ryan
12-07-2008, 12:04 PM
lol as much as i hate edmonton. fucken good on you guys to barry the sharks. i was starting to get real annoyed at how good they are

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

gonefishing
12-08-2008, 12:20 PM
yeah the Sharks game reminded me of the game we had with them late last year were we STOPPED their 12 game winning streak or something haha

Schremp has looked pretty good so far too. 3GP 0G 3A +2

403ep3
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
woo go oilers for beating the sharks. I think I'm starting to hate the sharks because they are too good.

oilerfan4lyfe
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Yuppers nice to see Shremp getting a shot...and I like how responsible he's become in his own end - maybe keeping him in the minors for that long was a good move.

Just hope that once we get healthy they don't ship him back - he deserves to be with the big club and getting an opportunity to produce - send Stortina to the minors and leave the people who matter with the back club.

S13_Ryan
12-13-2008, 11:45 PM
good on these losers for helpin us out once again. thanks for takin out vancouver.

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

gonefishing
12-17-2008, 02:02 PM
9 - 2

Holy Fuck! :eek:

I'm speechless

oilerfan4lyfe
12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
That was a shitkicking like no other - I think they said it was the first time since 1995 we allowed 9 goals...yikes.

If they win today they continue to be one of the most inconsistent teams in the NHL...if they lose someone better be kicking MacT out the door tomorrow.

heavyD
12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
That was a shitkicking like no other

What else would you expect of a team from the City of Fail?

Kimchee
12-23-2008, 02:24 PM
decent game last night by the oil....they kinda let off the gas after they were up 2-0, but came back hard in the 3rd....great game by the fourth line, they created alot of energy that the team fed off of and even scored a goal!....

storts is on a 2 game point streak...hahaha

short break over eth holidays and back at it against the canucks on friday....we need those 2 points...

95EagleAWD
12-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

What else would you expect of a team from the City of Fail?

A neighbour to the south who's won less but always seems to talk more.

gonefishing
12-29-2008, 03:04 AM
finally we beat the Preds. Souray is a horse out there is worth every penny :thumbsup:

C4S
12-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah .. Some teams play well to some teams ..

Nash always beat Oilers .. for some reason ..

However, we always beat Shark .. even they are the best team now .. :dunno:

At least, Oilers looks a bit better within last few games, still, I wish Oilers can hv better schedule as Flames/Van --> play less back to back game, and face more back to back team.
:dunno:

gonefishing
01-19-2009, 03:32 PM
finally back from vacation and get to watch my team again. nice to see them winning again

Doozer
01-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Big win last night, now officially in a playoff spot. We'll see what happens down the stretch....

C4S
01-19-2009, 05:55 PM
HAPPY with Hemsky's back .. he means so so so much to the Oilers ...

Sad to see Garon left .. however, Roli plays better this year .... but still, he is too old, I dont think Oilers will sign Roli next year ..
Too bad, it will make more sense to me, to keep Garon as #1, Jeff as back up after Roli is done with his contract ... well .. let's not to worry about it now...

Hemsky is awesome even he has been out for a month .... BUT on the other hand, Oilers SHOULD do a better job .. can't keep on winning 2 or 3 games, then lose 2 or 3 games .. especially in the NW division .. 1 or 2 more win, vs 1 or 2 game lost to division .. could be from 5th to 9th!! :dunno:

I still expect to see more from Penny .. Cole .. Horsoff ... etc, not that they play badly .. but they can play much better! consider their pay cheque ...

Same as Gagner .. just like last year, when Hemsky was out, he played pretty good ... just like last 10 games, but he still play like in the AHL .. too many blind pass, to many silly breakaway .. just doesn't work in today's NHL, I hope he will keep on getting ~ 0.6-0.7 point per game.

Well .. at least, Oilers play some good hockey! :thumbsup:

(P.S. I watched the wild game .. I was pissed .. so so so damn boring !!! and just like Phoneix almost impossible to beat the Oliers . and Oilers can never beat the Wilds! :facepalm: :guns: )

oilerfan4lyfe
01-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow Hemmer looks awesome...

I agree with Garon, but I'm also pretty sure that he told the staff he wasn't going to be here next year so they had no choice but to trade him. Then again who could blame him considering MacT played a huge favoritism towards Roloson.

Regardless we'll probably have to find a new goalie for next year...or acquire one through trade.

I'm just happy we're winning some games - we really gotta keep it up so we're not having to be the best team in the league in March to make the playoffs.

gonefishing
01-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Sabourin waived today, no big surprise here.

Woohoo get to watch my first game in over a month tonight :clap:

LETS GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!

Doozer
01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Holy crap. Hemsky is a machine. 6 points in his 2 games back from concussion? He single-handedly picked up the team and carried them to the win tonight, especially as they were fading late in the game. Insane.

gonefishing
01-21-2009, 09:03 AM
what a finish to the game. Hemsky is without a doubt a franchise player. The guy is a walking highlight reel. And at 4.1 mil for the next 4years is hands down one of the best if not the best contract in the NHL :thumbsup:

SneakyNeek
01-21-2009, 01:05 PM
i would have sex with him the first chance i got

Godly

oilerfan4lyfe
01-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Hemmer's definately one of the best bargains in the league...and we're in 6th spot!

The season is certainly looking more and more promising :)

I wish the all-star break wasn't right now though - we're on such a good roll.

gonefishing
01-26-2009, 09:25 AM
So i was watching Sportsnet Central last night and i see a clip about a rumour we were gonna trade for Lacavalier. They said it would be for three players, two prospects, two No. 1 picks and a third-rounder. I know its just a pipe dream but then i see that Eklund say on hockeybuzz that the oilers and lightning haven't even talked so it must be true :D

oilerfan4lyfe
01-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Haha...yeah though with what we're giving up and with Lecavalier's contract it's probably not the best move for us right now anyways unless we fall off the ledge in the playoff race and need a huge shakeup.

shane
01-26-2009, 01:57 PM
EDMONTON, Alberta (Ticker) -- The rumors had Edmonton Oilers fans gushing. But Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Brian Lawton quickly turned off the faucet.

Lawton put an end to the dream on Sunday, when he told the Sun Media he had no plans to trade Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier to the Oilers - or anyone else, for that matter.

"It's just a pipe dream that people think we're going to trade him," Lawton said.

According to a report by the Sun, a deal that would send Lecavalier to Edmonton for three players, two prospects and three draft picks - including two first-rounders - was to be completed on Monday.

However, the 28-year-old Lecavalier said during All-Star Weekend that he was assured by Tampa Bay management the team was not planning on trading him. He also stated that should a deal materialize, the Lightning would discuss the possibility with him first.

Lawton attempted to put an end to the trade rumors on Sunday.

"We're excited about the way our team is playing and I don't think it's fair to continue to talk about these things," he said. "I've said he's not going to be traded, and he hasn't been traded. Somebody just asked me if he's going to be traded on Monday. No, he won't.

"Not Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or any other day for that matter. ... He loves Tampa Bay, and that's why he made the commitment he did (by signing an 11-year, $85-million contract extension)."

After finishing last in the NHL in 2007-08, the Lightning got off to a disastrous start this season, winning just seven of their first 32 games. But they entered the All-Star break on a bit of a roll, winning two straight and five of seven to climb into 12th place in the Eastern Conference with 42 points (16-21-10).

gonefishing
01-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Gagner to have MRI on ankle

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=264711&lid=sublink03&lpos=headlines_main

Kimchee
01-27-2009, 01:35 PM
finally, back to oiler hockey after the all-star break!!!

it's going to be a tough game against the sabres tonight, but i hope they can build off the momentum from the last game...

i havent been impressed with Gagner and Nillson this year, so hopefully they'll pick up their play in the 2nd half....

we're sitting in a pretty good position in the standings right now, oilers have to take advantage of the games in hand we have against the teams we are chasing....

it'll be tough to win the division as the flamers are playing some good hockey right now, but im confident we can narrow the gap and at least seperate ourselves from the cannots (canucks) and wild..

GO OIL!

oilerfan4lyfe
01-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Looks like Gagner is out for a couple of weeks...he and Cole were playing so well too :(

xLostx
01-27-2009, 11:07 PM
10 - 2 for the sabres, pretty close game....:rofl:

Nissanaddict
01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by xLostx
10 - 2 for the sabres, pretty close game....:rofl:
The fans at Rexall were cheering, and chanting "we want 10!!". Hilarious hilarious stuff.