PDA

View Full Version : Crowfoot Plates Registry

Omnistegan
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm at the point where I need to take my advanced road test. I live in Cochrane and the registry here sucks.

Does anyone have any opinions/reviews about the driving testers at Crowfoot Plates? Or can recommend another registry in Calgary?

Thanks in advance.

dannie
09-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Crowfoot Plates uses a company called Certified Driver Testing. They are a great company. Most of the good registries in Calgary use them. They are fair and don't screw you around.

avow
09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
+i have done everything through them. they dont jerk around and just give you the straight goods. just keep in mind, like all registries, they do not take credit card so make sure you got the money in the bank.

schocker
09-23-2008, 07:39 AM
I took my first test through them years ago, they seemed to be quite good and it is a good starting location imo if you have your test at a good hour.

ronaldo
09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
i don't remember how much they charge for the road test but i recently took it with through the registry in Northland mall. it was a lot cheaper and they were also very easy to deal with

CTSV
09-23-2008, 01:09 PM
My daughter took and failed hers at a SE office. She had a standard and he failed her for her shifting coming to a stop.
Also, she said he kept sounding like he was in process of coughing up a hairball and it was making her sick.
She'll take it again driving an auto. Take an auto and you won't have any driving issues.

dannie
09-23-2008, 01:33 PM
^ I dont mean to offend your daughter, but shifting while coming to a stop is not an automatic fail. She more than likely had a few other issues and the shifting was the final one. Next time your kid takes the test, call Certified directly and do the test through them. And ALWAYS do the exam with an automatic. As I said before, most of the better registries use them anyways.

Arnold
10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I would take it at crowfoot plates i used to work there they only have one road examiner that works out of that office and she is awesome definately a good examiner.

GQBalla
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
i have a number of a great tester, pm me if you want

she will meet you in crowfoot too

prae
10-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I took mine thru AMA and it was fine. Took it in an automatic that I knew well.

asdf1234
09-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know the route crowfoot registry takes for the class 5 basic road test?

Disoblige
09-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Apparently when you slow to a stop on the test, you're suppose to downshift through all the gears lol. My friend took it and the instructor told him he had to do that. What the fuck? lol.

AllGoNoShow
09-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Shouldn't matter the route, pass the test and drive properly and you will be good to go, don't need new drivers practicing the "route" to try and ease their way through the license, if you can't drive we don't want you getting the license!

Benny
09-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Shouldn't matter the route, pass the test and drive properly and you will be good to go, don't need new drivers practicing the "route" to try and ease their way through the license, if you can't drive we don't want you getting the license!

Exactly. Learn to drive well and the route shouldn't matter.

I wouldn't be able to help anyway, I did that shit like 5 years ago. Probably different now.

bignerd
09-18-2010, 10:51 PM
If you can't pass your drivers test on a stick shift, should you really be driving it out on the street??

I took my test on stick and in the winter.

AllGoNoShow
09-18-2010, 11:03 PM
I passed my learners sleeping and pass my drivers first time with no issues, only read the guide once and followed the instructors directions (plus other learning methods before).

It really isn't hard at all, I don't understand how they let people fail 10 times and still keep trying, STAY THE FUCK OFF THE ROAD, YES YOU OLD ASIAN LADY WHO CAN'T SEE!

avow
09-19-2010, 11:12 PM
holy raise from the dead.

bikeman214
02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
A lot's changed over the years. I don't think Crowfoot's the place to go any more. Plus they do take credit cards in Cochrane now, and I don't think crowfoot does. You just have to book on their website which i don't think you can do at crowfoot either.
http://www.cochraneregistries.ca

G-ZUS
02-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by bikeman214
A lot's changed over the years. I don't think Crowfoot's the place to go any more. Plus they do take credit cards in Cochrane now, and I don't think crowfoot does. You just have to book on their website which i don't think you can do at crowfoot either.
http://www.cochraneregistries.ca

Do you work there by any chance?

403ep3
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Do you work there by any chance?

Hah sounds like it

Mibz
02-22-2013, 02:00 PM
2.5 year bump to make your first post bumping a registry?

Hilarious.

Disoblige
02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
You know what'd be more hilarious? If you banned him Mibz.

Mibz
02-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Or he could be so thankful that we're not banning him that he offers some sort of discount or services for Beyond members.

G-ZUS
02-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Or he could be so thankful that we're not banning him that he offers some sort of discount or services for Beyond members.

+1