PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Delivery Solutions Ltd?

oilerfan4lyfe
09-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Short version of the story...

Thinking of buying something for about $3000 from Whitehorse for something off of craigslist - the guy is telling me that with this company

"1. I give them the item for packing and shipping
2. You send them the money
3. They send you the item
4. You receive the item and you will have a 3-30 days inspection period to inspect them and check the name on it ( i will receive the money ONLY if you agree to keep the item, if not you will be fully refunded by the shipping company )
5. If all is OK and you decide to keep the item I will receive the payment"

I've never heard of this company before though...and googling it doesn't tell me a whole lot. Anyone dealt with them before and know if it's legitimate?

Also, if you use the collect on delivery option through Canada Post, does the buyer get to open and look at the item before paying? So if he was to send me the item via Canada Post COD could I open it, check to make sure it's what I'm paying for and pay for it then? Or would I have to pay before opening it?

A790
09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
It's a scam. Seriously, don't even consider it, as it is 100% a scam. 100%.

EDIT:

COD will not allow you to receive the package at all without paying for it. The only viable alternative for you is www.escrow.com (the only LEGIT escrow site).

dannie
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Thats a scam if I've ever heard one. With the post, I have always been asked to pay first.

pyroza
09-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Definitely a scam

syscal
09-23-2008, 08:12 AM
I hate craigslist for that.

I had one I responded to that seemed too good to be true. Had an address on the ad that was local. Emailed the guy and he's like "I'm in the UK" and tried to get me to go through the same type of service you're talking about.

I googled the address they posted locally and it was just company with no involvment.

Needless to say I put a nice big checkmark next to "Too good to be true" and moved on.

No use getting screwed trying to get a deal.

oilerfan4lyfe
09-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Fair enough...thanks for the input everyone - I'm just gunna tell him I'm not interested unless I can see the product before paying a penny.

ianmcc
09-23-2008, 10:58 AM
I sure hope it's not seasons tickets to the Flames!
Do a search on Craigslist for Whitehorse-cities of Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all have the same ad-
"CANUCKS/FLAMES/OILERS FANS . HERE IS A GREAT CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR OWN SEASON TICKETS .
I SELL MY SEASON TICKETS FOR THE CANUCKS/FLAMES/OILERS DUE TO RELOCATION TO WHITEHORSE
THE SEATS ARE LOCATED IN SECTION 110/106/104 ROW 7 SEATS 4-5
THE VIEW IS PERFECT . CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED . THANK YOU! "
The only difference ad to ad is the team and the section-the row and seat numbers are the same in each ad.

malcolmk14
09-23-2008, 11:21 AM
100 percent scam. don't even waste your time replying to him.

DJ_NAV
09-23-2008, 11:31 AM
100% scam....

Crymson
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Scam. I bet their website looks like someone threw up every logistics clipart available. I've seen this many times.

nonlinear
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
if you're considering spending $3000 on this thing, why not just take a day and drive up to whitehorse and check it out?

EDIT: LOL, I was confusing whiteHORSE and whiteCOURT :nut:

sorry, i'm an idiot lol

core_upt
09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ianmcc
I sure hope it's not seasons tickets to the Flames!
Do a search on Craigslist for Whitehorse-cities of Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all have the same ad-
"CANUCKS/FLAMES/OILERS FANS . HERE IS A GREAT CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR OWN SEASON TICKETS .
I SELL MY SEASON TICKETS FOR THE CANUCKS/FLAMES/OILERS DUE TO RELOCATION TO WHITEHORSE
THE SEATS ARE LOCATED IN SECTION 110/106/104 ROW 7 SEATS 4-5
THE VIEW IS PERFECT . CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED . THANK YOU! "
The only difference ad to ad is the team and the section-the row and seat numbers are the same in each ad.

Talked to a guy about this very thing a year or more ago. As soon as I asked more questions about the seats, cancellations, verification from the club he stopped responding.
Amazing deals are very few and far between.