PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Civic Exhaust

MaYzE
08-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Im looking at putting on an exhaust kit for my car. The absolute LAST thing I want is a noisy system. I cannot stand that high pitched tin canny exhaust sound. I want something with very little sound. I was quoted a Tnabe Hyperspec stainless steel system. Im not sure how it sounds though. All you exhaust experts out there, which will give me more power, less noise, and something smaller then a 5 inch pipe??? Without me pasying $2000+ for just the exhaust system. Also, what does an install on something like that cost? Thanks again people :thumbsup:

jaylo
08-11-2002, 04:03 AM
Greddy SP cat-back (stainless steel canister) bolt on exhaust costs around 800-900 I think and same as the DC Sports TCS (all stainless steel, 1000-1100) and IMHO they possess the nicest sound not too low not to high but throaty enough at WOT

Dirty_SOHC
08-11-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by MaYzE
Im looking at putting on an exhaust kit for my car. The absolute LAST thing I want is a noisy system. I cannot stand that high pitched tin canny exhaust sound.

Haha then dont take out the cat then almost any decent system will sound nice.
good luck

CRXguy
08-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Exactly how much do you want to spend? It'll be easier then to throw out some suggestions.

BTW, was that you I saw in McKenzie Saturday evening?

redline
08-11-2002, 10:42 AM
mugen!

B18C
08-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by redline
mugen!

He said LESS than $2000 :nut:

Ekliptix
08-11-2002, 11:12 AM
DC twin loop is nice.

MaYzE
08-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Exactly how much do you want to spend? It'll be easier then to throw out some suggestions.

BTW, was that you I saw in McKenzie Saturday evening?

Yup that was me :) I dont want to spend over $1500 for system/install. Ive still gotta get my GC's installed then Ill do the exhaust.

CRXguy
08-11-2002, 11:38 AM
Greddy SP/Evo
Tanabe Hyper Medallion
Thermal R&D
Kakimoto

I personlly like the sound of the Greddy, cuz I have one, but it's really personal preference. I think they all sound the same, unless you get an N1 style setup, which is a whole different story. Just ask buh_buh!:D

And I think you can get it for $1000 tax in. Install is pretty damn easy, especially your car when the bolts and stuff aren't rusted.

Did you get struts as well for your GC's?

Superesc
08-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Yea the Greddy EVO is pretty nice, SPICEBOY (403Hnick) came by to our last meet and he got one on his Prelude, its got a nice subtle but noticeable tone to it.

Redlyne_mr2
08-11-2002, 11:58 AM
apexi world sport..reasonably priced...not loud at all

MaYzE
08-11-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Greddy SP/Evo
Tanabe Hyper Medallion
Thermal R&D
Kakimoto

I personlly like the sound of the Greddy, cuz I have one, but it's really personal preference. I think they all sound the same, unless you get an N1 style setup, which is a whole different story. Just ask buh_buh!:D

And I think you can get it for $1000 tax in. Install is pretty damn easy, especially your car when the bolts and stuff aren't rusted.

Did you get struts as well for your GC's?

I heard the Tanabe was a great system. I was thinking of getting it. I just havent heard what it sounds like yet, thats all.

As for the GC's, all I bought was them. I was told my stock system in my car should be fine with them. The guys at Tunerworks said my car shouldnt bouce like crazy or anything. They said the ride should be good with them. So I took there word for it.

boi-alien
08-11-2002, 12:10 PM
i'd go for the greddy sp/evo systems, they're really nice sounding...

i think u can do a search cause some guys actually record the exhaust notes and put them on a net.

redline
08-11-2002, 12:17 PM

I heard the Tanabe was a great system. I was thinking of getting it. I just havent heard what it sounds like yet, thats all.

WBB6 has one on his lude and it is not too loud at all!

redline
08-11-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by B18C

He said LESS than $2000 :nut:

it is only a $1000 for the muffler! so that is under $2000

max_boost
08-11-2002, 12:48 PM
I think Greddy would be a awesome choice!

Dirty_SOHC
08-11-2002, 02:00 PM

As for the GC's, all I bought was them. I was told my stock system in my car should be fine with them. The guys at Tunerworks said my car shouldnt bouce like crazy or anything. They said the ride should be good with them. So I took there word for it.

What they meant by bouncing like crazy is when your shocks get pounded out and are dead. When you lower a car you reduce the travel of the shock and increase the wear. You'll be fine for a few months depending where you drive=)

MaYzE
08-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Captain_Dirty

What they meant by bouncing like crazy is when your shocks get pounded out and are dead. When you lower a car you reduce the travel of the shock and increase the wear. You'll be fine for a few months depending where you drive=)

So am I better off just waiting and buying some new shocks before I have them install the GC's? Or just lower the car until I need new ones?

Dirty_SOHC
08-13-2002, 08:33 AM
You can use the new spring but have the plans to put in new shocks in about half a year