PDA

View Full Version : Paint and body work

jdmSiR
09-24-2008, 05:08 PM
My car got hit in the front and the back, neither my fault. I have a friend who knows how to paint cars and has a couple guns etc. As long as I do the prep and body work. I was wondering where in town can I buy cans of paint(primer, color and clear). And for the body work, just the minor dings, what filler is the best to use.

blazzer
09-24-2008, 05:32 PM
advanced auto color and body work in calgary there uber good!!

Bakons
10-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Sherwin-Williams Co, calgary - N.E. & S.E. they have cans of any colour, and cans of primer & clearcoat. i've been using sherwin williams paint for two years, no problems!:thumbsup:

tom_9109
10-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Heres a question, If you don't know where to buy body and paint supplies or what filler you should use, What makes you think you can do proper body and prep work?

ceebz
10-24-2008, 08:09 AM
anyone can do body work its not that hard, it takes time. think about it like this, if you fuck up. sand it down again and try again, you can do it.

MoneyPit
10-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by ceebz
anyone can do body work its not that hard, it takes time. think about it like this, if you fuck up. sand it down again and try again, you can do it. Not even close dude. It's not about slapping bondo and sanding it off.

That's just a SMALL part of it man.

jdmSiR
11-03-2008, 12:27 AM
i know exactly where to get it ahah. Just saying whats the most durable. I dont want it cracking out, iv seen it happen

MoneyPit
11-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jdmSiR
i know exactly where to get it ahah. Just saying whats the most durable. I dont want it cracking out, iv seen it happen :facepalm: without knowledge knowhow and experience i can gaurantee this repair job by you guys will fail within months even weeks, good luck though

id give advice but i feel it wont be taken to heart and just wasted

ceebz
11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I am not talking about bondo, im talking about PREPPING IT! If you cant sand down something, prime it, and paint it. Well then just do it again and again till you have a finished product you like. How do you think the first person ever fuckin did it, you guys are all so hypocritical, maybe its cause you just want us to take it to your "LEET BODY SHOP" so you can take our money.

Driven Sideways
11-26-2008, 03:02 AM
Honestly, prepping and painting cars was one of the more exciting and creative things Iv'e done with cars....

Iv'e seen "Tremclad" that looked just as good as your pro $4000 paint jobs. You can take your fancy prep work and expensive pains and stick them up your ass! I did my old Civic in $50 of black rust paint, pushing two years and still no bubbles, cracks, chips or fading. Screw what they say Ceebz! It's easy to talk shit online like you know. But when people tell you how it is and fail to back it up with nothing more than a comment on how all thier hard work and advice will just go to waste. What was the point of posting anyway? Cause all that hard work posting your ego online is a waste of my fucking time aswell. I feel the same way. You fuck it up you sand it down. Mind you have fun spending your weekends in the garage repeating the same old shit for hours and hours.

I could give two shits about a good paint job on a plastic car.

5fivespeed
11-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by blazzer
advanced auto color and body work in calgary there uber good!!

Seconded. Probably the best place I've ever gotten paint from. He helped me choose the color (I wanted straight black, but he showed me this and I was like AWSOME!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/drifting86/DSC04570.jpg