PDA

View Full Version : Watchmen's Pub: Thumbs Down

em2ab
09-25-2008, 12:18 PM
I went there with 6 other friends last night and ordered 10 Teryaki wings and the Watchmen's Club with yam fries.......:drool: I usually do wing night elsewhere so I had to at least try a few of them to see what it was like, it was my first time there. My girlfriend also got some wings and a small pizza.

Chicken Wings: I don't expect a pub on wing night to get wings perfect. But when mine came out they were swimming in teryaki sauce while my girlfriend's had hardly any on them. Not a big deal, didn't even mention it, that's wing night at a pub.

Yam Fries: 10 minutes later the server comes back and informs me they're out of yam fries. No big deal, I'll have regular fries, that happens.....even though the minor things are building up.

Watchmen's Club: I get it, eat 1/4 and realize.....there's no club! The sandwich was great but there's no bacon on it. Isn't this the main idea of a club sandwich? :dunno: So she brought me out some bacon a few minutes later and at this point I'm starting to wonder about the quality of this place.

Pizza: The server brought out the pizza with 2 pieces missing saying the cook dropped them on the floor and he's making another one right away. The pizza will also be taken off the bill.....WTF is going on here?

So we didn't pay for the pizza, that's fine but they managed to fuck up every single thing we ordered except my Corona and I'm starting to wonder about those. Then this morning we split up the leftover pizza for our lunch and 5 minutes ago I was eating it and there's a long piece of plastic in it! Honestly, could this be a coincidence? I started pulling this thing and it wrapped around the slice under the cheese, about 4 inches long. I guess I'll mention it to management just for information purposes but I'll probably keep going to Classic Jack's like every other week.

rmk
09-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Watchmens is ghetto. You should have known that from its shitty exterior. So many better options on the Mile.

Ajay
09-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I haven't been to Watchmen's in awhile but I never had any issues. Maybe things have changed in the time I've been there.

I used to go only for wing nights and while the wings weren't fantastic they weren't that bad.

Thanks for the heads up.

em2ab
09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Ya, I had to throw away the pizza and go somewhere for lunch today. It must have been undercooked and hot when it was put into the styrofoam container last night because when I looked at the bottom of it today it was all soft and soggy. Usually next day pizza is harder than usual.

KRyn
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM
CJs is the place to go. I have always had great service there and the food is always tasty.

Thompson34
09-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Wow if you're looking for good wings for cheap hit up Dixons or Limericks on Mondays something like 17 cent wings and they are just delish

dj techsta
09-26-2008, 07:09 AM
personally, I've found either Unicorn or Tiperarry's has good wings. (especially the JD wings there)

89s1
09-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Thompson34
Wow if you're looking for good wings for cheap hit up Dixons or Limericks on Mondays something like 17 cent wings and they are just delish

Not exactly walking distance from watchmans but i need to agree these plces are good. Same owner if im not mistaken.

rmk
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
CJs is the place to go. I have always had great service there and the food is always tasty.

You left out the gorgeous servers.

Doesn't CJ have 9c wings? I remember them being the cheapest...

em2ab
09-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by rmk

You left out the gorgeous servers.

Doesn't CJ have 9c wings? I remember them being the cheapest...

They bumped it to 19 cents on Wednesdays and 25 cents on Thursdays. I go there every Thursday for the overpriced wings, hot staff (Fern.....:drool: ) and cheap Corona.

ronaldo
09-26-2008, 08:50 PM
ive never seemed to have a problem there, always had a great experience.

used to go there all the time when i went to western

ekguy
09-26-2008, 11:03 PM
You should have went to Classic Jacks man. Me and the woman hit it up once in a while.

By the way it was funny as hell that you knew her on the cruise hahaha didn't expect anyone too haha.

em2ab
09-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
By the way it was funny as hell that you knew her on the cruise hahaha didn't expect anyone too haha.

haha ya, I was thinking, "WTF?" But then I put together how I know her, you guys should drop by Pho Kim tomorrow, 1pm, Lasz will be there. She knows Eve, Eve knows Lasz, Lasz knows me......long connection.