PDA

View Full Version : When are the SRT-4's coming out?

ade99
09-15-2003, 08:01 AM
I talked to a saleman at Varsity Chrysler a month and a half ago and he said they were arriving on the first week of September. But I haven't seen one on the road nor at any dealerships.

voodoo
09-15-2003, 10:31 AM
last i heard it was christmas time

illeagle
09-15-2003, 07:53 PM
I went in to ask about them. The sales guy said, if i order one now, it's gonna cost close to $30,000, and It'll arrive in 1 year. -if that's the case I'll come back in spring for a used one.......it's cheaper:tongue:

LudeRoca
09-15-2003, 07:56 PM
30 grand for a Neon. HELL NO i would never drop that much on a neon. I don't car how fast they are. The minute you drive that thing off the lot you'll lose more than 30 % of its value. Thats what sucks about domestics:werd:

LudeRoca
09-15-2003, 07:57 PM
sorry i accidently hit new thread instead of reply :banghead: :banghead:

voodoo
09-15-2003, 08:21 PM
actually i belive its gonna be around $27K

Uncle ben
09-15-2003, 09:23 PM
the SRT is going to be very very fast. But for 30 large, you could make a $20,000 car even faster. You wont get warrenty, or the prestige of driving a dodge neon, but i'd rather drive something like a turbocharged honda, rather than the srt-4. The scary thing is that there are going to be a bunch of 16yr olds getting them for their birthdays, and wrapping them around telepohone poles. Scary stuff.

finboy
09-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Uncle ben
the SRT is going to be very very fast. But for 30 large, you could make a $20,000 car even faster. You wont get warrenty, or the prestige of driving a dodge neon, but i'd rather drive something like a turbocharged honda, rather than the srt-4. The scary thing is that there are going to be a bunch of 16yr olds getting them for their birthdays, and wrapping them around telepohone poles. Scary stuff.

:rolleyes:

for 5,000 you could make an omni smoke that turbo honda without even taking a breath, whats your point?

for very little extra $$$ you can get a 300hp/300lft neon with waranty, i'd say thats a pretty good deal. If dodge GROSSLY underrated the stock #'s from the factory, do you really think the stage 3 will only make that much?

finboy
09-15-2003, 10:04 PM
it may be a neon, but at least it isn't a honda ;)

Boost Infested
09-15-2003, 10:26 PM
i heard next month, and its not 30k, its 27k

rice_eater
09-15-2003, 11:03 PM
there is already ONE registered and owned in alberta! It's own by www.apexmodified.ca owner...he brought it in from the states (was wrecked but the engine is mint) and is fixing the body and you can expect to see it in the near future...problem is they are based in Edmonton

So here it is...wounded but running well, Alberta's first!

finboy
09-15-2003, 11:11 PM
pimp

ade99
09-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
i heard next month, and its not 30k, its 27k

Ya, I was quoted $26,995 to be exact before taxes and all the other fees.

fast95pony
09-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Any dealer "market adjustments" added ???
I bet they add a few bucks to the price , at least for the first ones.....

illeagle
09-15-2003, 11:52 PM
well, $26,000 - $27,000, but after taxes over $30,000. it takes a year to get one though, by then there will be used SRT-4's for $24,000, Hey I thought Chrysler is trying to get rid of the name, 'neon' - SX2.0, SRT-4, ?R/T, am i wrong?

ACS-e36
09-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by finboy
it may be a neon, but at least it isn't a honda ;)

i think your a bit mixed up

more like it may be a honda, but at least it isn't a neon ;)

illeagle
09-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Courtesy chrysler, sales- told me about $30,000 after taxes, just wait for a used one, most likely will be the yellow ones:barf:

quiksilver
09-15-2003, 11:58 PM
yeah dependable honda or risky domestic you made your choice and others made theirs

don't see hondas on the side of the road dead

kenny
09-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by quiksilver
yeah dependable honda or risky domestic you made your choice and others made theirs

Drove out to BC this weekend, and on the side of the road was a dead Integra. Also saw a NAPA auto parts truck with the hood up on the side of the road. Point is, all cars can "die" regardless if they're imports or domestics.

illeagle
09-16-2003, 12:03 AM

that's true, but most of them have this awful blue smoke comming out the muffler, and the rust!......you need an electronic rust inhibitor to keep the rust from eating your car within 3 years:rolleyes:

Redlyne_mr2
09-16-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Drove out to BC this weekend, and on the side of the road was a dead Integra. Also saw a NAPA auto parts truck with the hood up on the side of the road. Point is, all cars can "die" regardless if they're imports or domestics.
Some just die sooner than others:)

Weapon_R
09-16-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by kenny

The Integra probably pulled over to help the Napa Parts driver...:)

quiksilver
09-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Some just die sooner than others:)

exactly what i am trying to say thanx 4 finishing it off 4 me

finboy
09-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by ACS-e36

i think your a bit mixed up

more like it may be a honda, but at least it isn't a neon ;)
nope, neons actually have power ;)

hmm, 300hp/300lft car with a 7 year waranty. honda doesn't do that now do they ;)

fast95pony
09-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Not this tired domestic vs import arguement again ??

finboy
09-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony
Not this tired arguement again ??

hehe, back on topic...

srt 4 = :burnout: :drool: :poosie: :eek: :clap: :tongue: :D

quiksilver
09-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

The Integra probably pulled over to help the Napa Parts driver...:)

lol

fast95pony
09-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by finboy

hmm, 300hp/300lft car with a 7 year waranty. honda doesn't do that now do they ;)

Are you sure about the waranty ?? With Ford they have many performance upgrades , but when you start adding them to your car all bets are off . I've read similar things about other auto makers. Does Chrysler still honour the waranty on their in-house performance upgrades for the SRT-4 ??

quiksilver
09-16-2003, 12:23 AM
we don't need waranties our parts last as long as they are supposed to :D

xkon
09-16-2003, 12:35 AM
we don't need waranties our parts last as long as they are supposed to :D

as soon as I saw the 7 year warranty i knew there'd be a reply like that LOL

rice_eater
09-16-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony

Are you sure about the waranty ?? With Ford they have many performance upgrades , but when you start adding them to your car all bets are off . I've read similar things about other auto makers. Does Chrysler still honour the waranty on their in-house performance upgrades for the SRT-4 ??

warrany for seven years...and then all the performance upgrades from mopar will NOT i repeat NOT void waranty...now a stage 4 SRT with full waranty really sais a lot about the workmanship and durability of that engine. No manufacturer is dumb enough to offer that unless they are more than sure of their products...so spare me the "It's still a neon" bullshit...at the end of the day that thing is gonna whipe the floor with most imports AND domestics, and you're gonna have to deal with it!!

fast95pony
09-16-2003, 05:54 AM
Sounds interesting . When I see one run low 13's at Racecity , I'll learn to deal with it !! :)

syeve
09-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater

at the end of the day that thing is gonna whipe the floor with most imports AND domestics, and you're gonna have to deal with it!!

I'll deal with it, but at the end of the day, I would rather be driving my slow car, than a fast Neon. Call me petty...:thumbsup:

lammer
09-16-2003, 09:48 AM
i'd get one haha i don't give a rats ass if its a neon or not.

Altezza
09-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater

warrany for seven years...and then all the performance upgrades from mopar will NOT i repeat NOT void waranty...now a stage 4 SRT with full waranty really sais a lot about the workmanship and durability of that engine. No manufacturer is dumb enough to offer that unless they are more than sure of their products...so spare me the "It's still a neon" bullshit...at the end of the day that thing is gonna whipe the floor with most imports AND domestics, and you're gonna have to deal with it!!

I don't give a rats ass if a car comes with a 3, 5, 7, or 10 year warranty. It's all moot if you have to bring your car in for warranty all the time. Look at Korean manufacturers, 10 year warranties, however they have the highest rate of warranty repairs. Long warranties mean nothing and have no correlation to how well the car or engine is built nor its reliability

Aleks
09-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Nissans Rule!!!! :rolleyes:

finboy
09-16-2003, 11:11 AM
i'll pose the question to the neon guys on the board.

do you CONSTANTLY work on your car or send it to the shop for work because it is "an unreliable domestic" :rolleyes:

syeve
09-16-2003, 12:54 PM
you know as well as I do there are like 3 neon owners on this board...that hardly enough to generate substantial trends...you are saying that the whole dodge/chrystler reliability "issues" are a myth? Look at every consumer report, any magazine ratings...GENERALLY, domestic vehicles have simply more things go wrong with them...

benyl
09-16-2003, 01:02 PM
haha, this turned into a import vs. domestic thread.

Back on topic again!

I think that the SRT-4 is good value for the money. My understanding is that the upgrades aren't ridiculously expensive.

TRD make superchagers that don't void warrantees... but they cost an arm and a leg. Honda dun make shit.

now off topic. A turbocharged civic is STILL a civic!

syeve
09-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by benyl
haha, this turned into a import vs. domestic thread.

Honda dun make shit.

now off topic. A turbocharged civic is STILL a civic!

EXACTLY..a turbo Neon is still a Neon..:thumbsup:

more off topic...Honda dosent make anything BUT comptech does and it dosent void any warrantes